It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams, let's talk about them : Interpretations, lucidity, projection, obe's, precognition, etc

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

yeah while you're there it's an entirely different game, but most people don't have that level of stability. I know exactly what you mean as you're speaking of direct conceptual perspective that transcends language ergo "symbols". I'm with ya...

I'll try to expand on that idea a bit here for everyone else:

Think of "astral travel" a sort of text & 3D-based multi player game. So yes there is a sort of "running", "flying", "jump", "shooting", etc. However being aware of the context the scene is taking place is what gives us more perception of control and less reliance on seeing dreams-exploits in hindsight leaving us to only interpret why you did what you did, or saw what you saw. Or leave it up to interpretations of bizarre or nonsensical imagery and events with only glimpses of lucidity.

Consciousness (lucidity, awareness) is what you're after, not a technique to "wake up". When your conscious mind is synced up with a particular plane of existence(or "context"), your conscious mind can navigate and do what it will on that bandwidth without the need of psycho-analytical anything (at least no more then you usually do in your day to day life). So your actions technically are no more "cryptic" then anything else you do in your day to day life. But of course, any "issues", personality quirks, likes, dislikes, etc you have will more then likely still be present in some shape or form. That's where it all loops back into that text-based part (and the "why"s of your own actions & thoughts)...

So yeah I agree with you Redled for some of us it's that easy.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

yeah eyeless-sight is something many people experience to some degree in their lives & it's another one of those things some people get into practicing. I actually try to develop it using a few different techniques myself. It really seems to be about tuning in all of your senses to build a mental construct of some kind, the accuracy of which depending on your own imagination, applying any available information recall to your location, and the ability to interpret the information from your sense. Very cool stuff indeed, thanks for sharing your experience.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thank you for youre reply.
Would you have any information about the vibrational energy i can get in my head when sleeping ( as described in my post on page:4)

kx

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

No problem, always happy to help. There are various places to buy what's called binaural beats that aid in tuning your body & mind to specific vibrations associated with some of these experiences. You really should pay attention to who's binaural's you get into as they are very much about direct subconscious contact which is a powerful thing.

I have used I-Doser which I can see the usefulness of & is actually kind of fun just to "trip out on" while meditating.

Some of the most trusted sources of the science & research into hemispheric functions in relation to our energetic body (or spiritual body) who have extensive catalogs are:

The Monroe Institute's Store

&

Earthpulse Press

Earthpulse is headed by Nick Begich who as an awesome source of information himself. Anyone who hasn't seen any of his work, I highly recommend this video:

Part 1 of 9

He also has some interesting biofeedback items. One that really intrigues me is Pointer-Plus : Locator/Stim here's the description from the link:

First locate the acupuncture point and then send in the signal - never miss the point! A complete clinic in your hands. Modern, hand held, 6.5" long unit offers sensitive acupuncture point or trigger point location and stimulation. Location and stimulation are independently adjusted with two separate control dials. The pulse frequency is fixed at 10 Hz (recognized in Germany and Japan as the most useful treatment frequency). A flashing light and sound indicate when point detection is made. The spring activated detection probe allows a uniform pressure when searching. The grounding circuit is made by holding the metal plate on the side of the unit or with the hand grounding pole. Accessories include 2 probe tips (ear 0.7" and body 0.16"), hand grounding pole with attached wire, 9 volt battery, carrying case, and instructions. $149.00

Essentially this is physical, empirical "proof" that things like the chakra system & the meridian lines are based in factual practical scientific/spiritual fact!
And here's a way you can do it on your own without going to someone's office.

It's okay to believe again(for those who needed the science)! Woohoo!

They also have excellent meditation tools from what I understands that allow you to attain meditative states that used to sometimes take years of practice to achieve(Alpha-Trainer / Antense® - Biofeedback Anti-Tension Device).

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Just came across an awesome source of information concerning all things "astral" & "OBE" that has an immense amount of free downloadable e-books on various aspects relating to them. From Angels, to ETs, lost souls, to higher planes of consciousness, there's pretty much a book on it at this lady's site. Here name is Marilynn Hughes who is a Mystic, researcher, and author who experienced many spiritual events including near death experiences. Here is the link to her website which contains dozens of free books:
www.outofbodytravel.org

Here's a great interview with Marilynn on Coast to Coast AM from December 15 2008:
part 1 of 12:

The "Miraculous Images" series is cool/fun btw lots of interesting pics

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would like to share a dream experience I had about 2 years ago. I am sometimes able to keep my self on that point wee you are asleep but awake. Its like the moment your bdy goes to sleep but you are still kind of there, Its a lovely time, you can feel your body as if I has been injected with an anathestic or something.
Anyway I was at this point, I had really been missing a friend of mine, badly and I was feeling some very strong emotion.
Anyway sudenly I found myself in a dream state, standing infront of a kiosk. The was a woman standing behnd the kiosk at a train station. She passed me a purse and rembemer putting my emotion into this purse, with the understanding that she take it away and pass it onto my friend.
I next day I got a call from my friend, she said she gone to bed and dreat that she saw me at a train station going away from her, She said it was a very emotional experience.
She had the dream about 11.30 at night, it was about the same time that I was dreaming. It seems to me that I somehow passed a message across,
dreams seem to me to be amazing things

kx

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

"telepathy" is real enough, so it would only seem logical that dreams can be a sort of video-phone in a sense. This is also a case of a shared dream, which is always an interesting experience. It really sort of rings home that concept that we are all one & always connected.

Very cool stuff, thank you very much for sharing that experience.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Another interesting thing that happened to me once was a series of events that did involve a dream, that seemed to give me an awereness of things that happened a long time ago. I will need to tell the whole experience to put in context.
This is an account of something that happened to me a few years ago. It wasn't a singe event but a set in sequence.
5 years ago or so me and my partner at the time ( I will call her Jane) traveled to North Wales to stay with her folks for a while.
The building is an old isolated farm house approx 3-400 years old. I had been many times before and enjoyed staying there.
One night we were laying there together going off to sleep when I felt something cross the bed. It felt as heavy as a big cat or something. I woke Jane and told her, we turned on the lights and could find nothing. She said i must have imagined it. I agreed with her for the ease of a good nights sleep, forgot about and started going off to sleep again. Well half hour later or so, I felt the same thing again. recollect thinking I am not imagining this I can feel it. Again I woke Jane and we looked around the room. Again we found nothing.
The incident past we came and went from the house several times and I forgot a about it. Then on one visit we were staying in the bedroom opposite to the one I had an encounter in. The lights were off and I was dozing off to sleep, Jane next to me. My eyes were closed but i wasn't really asleep. I had a vision in my mind off a young girl coming down from the roof, she was asking me for a light. She came towards the bed were I was sleeping. As she approached i felt an increasing pressure on my chest. The closer she came the stronger the pressure. The weight of which was so strong it was stopping me breathing. I tried to talk or shout asking Jane for help, but i could not speak or move properly. Jane for some reason woke up and was asking me if I was ok. I was trying to tel her to turn on the light but could not. She did get up and turn the light on and as she did it all disappeared. I didn't feel scared by what had happened, it didnt feel like whatever this was, was trying to hurt me on purpose.
Later she said that she could sense something was wrong and that's why she turned on the light. I went back to back to sleep, nothing further happened that night of not apart from a very distinct dream. The dream was very short and in it I passed from a doorway in the house into the garden. A voice said this is the significance of this dream. The next day I went to look at the door in the dream in reality it passed from one room to the next, not outside. I told Jane about my dream and she said that the room I was looking out on was an extension built maybe 200 hundred years ago and that before that this door would have gone outside. As it had in my dream. I had no knowledge of this before and you could not by looking at the building note it was an extension.
We came and went several more times, nothing else happened apart from one final things. A year or so after I was staying at the house again. I had a dream that I met the girl that I had seen before. I was making a light for her. I cant really remember much of this dream but remember that much. Since then although I have been there nothing else has happened.
I did ask her mum if she had ever seen anything strange in the house, she said no.
Anyway that's about it. Please dont bother commenting calling me a liar or anything, because as said here is just how it happened. When I look back at it I see it as one of the strangest thing that has happened in my life.

best wishes
kx

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hello again Shakesbeer!

Since I was little I could recall my dreams very easily also. I started becoming lucid while having nightmares. For example- if I dreamt I was being chased by a monster I realized that could not be "possible" so I told myself "I'm dreaming, I need to wake up" or "this is a dream, I can beat him up"- and that kind of stuff.
In my teen years for sometime I just stopped having them.

Nowadays, I don't like to control my dreams- I'm more an observer/ receiver of whatever my subconscious wants to show me. But I'm conscious I'm in a dream state- at least most times.

Regarding Oobes I had had a few, and my experencies are not very good ones- the places I went were not nice.. not at all...!! Very dark, and dense atmosphere. Very scary.
But the most terrible experience I had is something I saw/experience that I could never forget.

So I'm very careful with this kind of stuff. I think lucid dreaming and OOBES are things you should do if you are really prepared and in a postitive state of mind.

Probably I have to work some things out... maybe in a few years I'll be ready to experience something different.

I'm loving this thread, keep it up!

[edit on 27/12/08 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Very interesting stuff. Sleep/dreaming is essentially one of the deepest possible states of "meditation" one can get into which is known to promote intuitive function, such as "pan-dimensional" communication if you will. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
Hello again Shakesbeer!

Since I was little I could recall my dreams very easily also. I started becoming lucid while having nightmares. For example- if I dreamt I was being chased by a monster I realized that could not be "possible" so I told myself "I'm dreaming, I need to wake up" or "this is a dream, I can beat him up"- and that kind of stuff.
In my teen years for sometime I just stopped having them.

Hey-hey, and welcome back
That's very cool you where able to us your fear to help wake you up to the fact you where dreaming. That is often a tool most people first learn to recognize and use.

Nowadays, I don't like to control my dreams- I'm more an observer/ receiver of whatever my subconscious wants to show me. But I'm conscious I'm in a dream state- at least most times.

The only way to fly...

Seriously a note to everyone, that's pretty much the optimal mode one should function in day to day life in terms of dreams. Sure it's fun to induce dreams from time to time, or even short scenes regularly, but it's not really wise to fully "control" your dreams all the time or look for "fantastic experiences", or try to project, or remote view etc all the time. A large portion of subconscious communication is about getting in tune with your body, not telling your subconscious what you think is right all the time.

That way when "full lucid" events do happen they are more pertinent to your life/soul plan in general and will have an even greater profound effect(generally speaking). Thank you plutoxgirl for sharing that perspective and pointing out an important aspect of dreaming.

Regarding Oobes I had had a few, and my experencies are not very good ones- the places I went were not nice.. not at all...!! Very dark, and dense atmosphere. Very scary.
But the most terrible experience I had is something I saw/experience that I could never forget.

So I'm very careful with this kind of stuff. I think lucid dreaming and OOBES are things you should do if you are really prepared and in a postitive state of mind.

Probably I have to work some things out... maybe in a few years I'll be ready to experience something different.

Yeah if your mind is dwelling on negative aspects that it is not ready to let go even for the moment, you might find yourself some place "uncool" or "scary". If that does happen, just remember the nightmare dreams you used to wake yourself up, your can do the same thing there no matter where "there" is.

I actually purposely projected myself to hell once...that was a fun experience to tell the truth, but yeah it's a little "odd" there to say the least.

Thanks again for posting and sharing

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Interesting little experience today using dreams in a very practical way:

My wife had misplaced her Nintendo DS which was in a small black case. We also ended up reorganizing our room before we realized it was missing which didn't help matters in terms of locating the lost item either. So this had been going on for a few days now and we looked many places around the house and I was tired of scouring, so I figured I'd use my intuition & subconscious to help my locate that bi-otch

This morning after waking from a dream sequence I decided to tune my subconscious into finding the location of the DS utilizing a conscious dreaming technique and focused intention. Sort of like an ad-hock remote view. The big difference (which makes this NOT a case of remote viewing technically) is that I consciously recalled all of my known memories about the target and it's last known location in order to weight it again the information my subconscious relayed to me & aid in filtering out my own conscious bias.

So I just cycled the intention to "see" where the DS is at and walked myself into a conscious dream state. When I did so, I got a close up view of the closest just to the side of our bed.

Since that seemed a plausible response in relation to the information I was using to focus on my target (the ds color, what was in the case, where we last saw it, where we had last seen it before that, etc) and I didn't get a vision of mars or something, so I informed my wife that I think it's somewhere in the closest that we missed.

A bit later she came out to inform me it was in fact in the closet and had fallen into a stack of other bags that kind of masked it's presences since it is small and black.

Woohoo! No more turning up the couches and the cushions!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
hey shakes,how about this weird one i had last week,in the remains of a old gallion ship that had run a ground,there were holes everywhere in the wood like cannon balls and the weather had eroded it away,there were about 3 floors to the ship and a very old man with long white hair/grey/white robe struggling to look after some 30 or 40 cats and kittens,all the cats were black and white in colour but had variations,i havent got any black and white cats,but i have got cats,i felt like i should try and help him but when he went away i remember putting the cats in a better warm eviroment just by picking them up,very strange location,what do you make of it?
had another one the other night where i revisted a bookies which i dreamt about maybe 2 years ago although the results were very high scoring in the bookies which i wouldnt bet on in real life,the morning after i went to my local bookies and put 4 bets on and won all 4,2 being favourites and 2 being not,just a little of the topic of dreams but do you think that fate changes a person as they get closer to their destiny(life changing decision/death/new goals/etc)?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I dont know if it has been talked about before.

But in dreams when i feel like i am in danger, i start to fly. Whether its slightly threatened... or just feel over all danger.. i start to fly.

I have also had a dream that a man wants to hurt me. Actually.. ive had this dream for years. My mom has dreams that a man is after me too.
I also had a dream ofmy deceased cousin. She toldme to not go near a man or else he will hurt me. Then i was going down some stairs. They were all white. All of a sudden they turned black.. and my legs felt so heavy that i could hardly move. Finally... they turned white again and i kept walking.

But my main focus is flying. Do a lot of people experience this too?

[edit on 28-12-2008 by lovelyn]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I once dreamt that I was having a dream interpreted in a dream. It seemed really weird to me I wish I could remember more!
Another time I rember dreaming I had met a fortune teller or something, she gave me a set of card. Now I am not really into Taro ards, but she gave me a set or something similar and I rember looking through the cards and seeing each one. I rember understanding what each card meant. I had never seen a set like this before. Again I wish I could remeber more of this dream.

kx

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

You are welcome Shakesbeer and thank you for making this thread

You know.., I cant really tell where I projected myself because I don't know... I think it was some lower dimension because it was VERY dense, I can put it into words. And it was so dark and quiet (like the calmness one sees before a storm coming).

Another Oobe experience, I was just hanging in my room, when I faced a "presence" which is what I could never forget. I could feel the negativity in its energy. And the look in his eyes. Give me the chills everytime I think about this.

I would love to hear about your experience in Hell... if you feel like sharing

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Nothing to report on the dream front but has a very powerful waking life experience last night. I will have to write that out later though as I have to nip out soon.

A lot of things seem to be happening in my waking life at the moment, I feel so connected at the moment. However I am observing my every emotion, feeling and thought because I let my awarness of Ego slip last time and I almost gave in my search.

Will check the video links out once I get time Shakes, Keep up the good work and keep the dreams and experiences coming people.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by moonbeam cat

Boats/ships represent an aspect of yourself either mental, emotional, and/or physical. The fact it is a galleon may be an indicator of self exploration that had run into some serious resistance, hence the cannon ball holes and it being ran aground. Some aspect of your life possibly careened out of control due to bad luck(the cats) and harsh reaction or no support.

Another aspect of the dream centered around the old man and the cats could be an indicator that old ideals of rationality are forcing your percieved troubles into a "black & white" view of your situation that can't possibly be managed that way.

Do I think fate changes someone as they get closer to their destiny? No the person does the changing, "Destiny" is simple a planned path that you may or may not take.

Destiny : Destination

In terms of destiny in day to day life, yes there is one, and yes we do change as we progress on whatever given path. But it's not the path necessarily that changes us, it's our choices along the way. Mainly due to the fact ones "destiny" isn't necessarily linear. It sort of winds a long a matrix of "choice points" it would seem.

cool question btw

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lovelyn

Thank you for sharing your experience & insight.

I hear a fair amount of others who tend to fly away when they run into some trouble in dream land. It is an effective and empowering tool to use for sure.

Is there any details about the man that you're given? Or is like a generic "man" sort of feeling? Or does it feel like it could be a real person you just don't know right now?

Do you see your cousin often in dreams? If so what do they tend to tell you?

Thanks again for sharing

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

sounds like you had a bit of a glimpse into latent aspects of your energetic-self. If you sent your will so, you can always revisit those dreams

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join