It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams, let's talk about them : Interpretations, lucidity, projection, obe's, precognition, etc

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

Great clip man, very informative, thanks for posting it.

reply to post by St Udio

Welcome to the thread and thanks for posting your outlook on things. It seems like everyone at some point experiences spontaneous occurrences of dreams or visions etc. So who knows, maybe you'll start having more for whatever reason...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

I did watch them, all last night in fact. It's been a long time since I found someone interesting enough to make me lose sleep over. I didn't agree with everything he had to say, but a lot of it was right on target with what I've been learning the past few years.

I agree that his work is like a "short cut" to a higher understanding.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i have these odd medical symptoms that begin when a single memory of a dream pops into my head and as i try to sequence these events i begin to feel light headed, nauseas and my vision is blurred to the point where i have to close my eyes. it almost feels like a gland is secreting fluid over my whole brain. when the experience and memories begin to subside my body gets so warm i end up sweating. during this experience i am completely useless. i can barely communicate and rarely stand.

i can stop this from happening by merely thinking of something else when this first memory pops into my head. but often i chase the feeling in the early stages of the experience for some odd reason. its like a high that i end up regretting. theres something i like about it.

could this possibly be signs of a tumor or cancer of some sort or...... what.
but they happen in clusters sometimes three times a day for five days straight and then not again for a month or two. the thing is i cant really go get checked out because i cant control when it happens and if they looked at my brain and found nothing ill be exactly where i am now. but even if it were a tumor or cancer why is it related to my dreams and memories? as ATS seems like a place where the more open minded people of this planet share information i was hoping someone could shed some light on this.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I wouldn`t necessarly label this as something bad

To me it sounds like the same symptoms as people here are mentioning getting when attempting to astral project. It almoast sounds like your body is trying to get you back to dreamworld as soon as youre thinking back at your dreams! Say, what happens if you just try to "go with it"? You might have a hidden talent for this stuff heheh.. Im not a medical expert though, but if its not bothering you, try see where you can go with it!

You should read up about '___' if you havent already. A natural mysterious chemical used by shamans for ages, found in alot of plants, animals and inside of all human beings. Science doesn`t know for sure what its purpose in our bodies is, but Rick Strassman ( author of '___': The Spirit Molecule) has (after serious studies and tests) suggested that it is produced in the pineal gland (in the brain) and causes dreams. '___' can be extracted from plants and smoked, which has caused people to come back with very crazy stories, definatly an interesting topic.

Anyway, remember this is all theory, but worth a thought!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I made a podcast tonight in which I describe my method of projection.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out if you like. It may be required (or at least easier) if you have experienced sleep paralysis before.

I wanted to focus more on the technique then ramble on about the differences between projection, dreaming and lucid dreaming, etc etc.

I had more to say but i've been super busy lately so it looks like i'll have to post something later.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Very cool stuff
I like the demonstration of the increasing pitch of the tone or vibration.

To "raises ones' frequency" you need only to increase activity or interval of intention...think of it as a formula. Heh or a goofy analogy for ya, like in the bed time story The Little Steam Engine that Could : "I think I can, I think I can, I think can..."

Hypothetically if you used that little affirmation("I think I can") when you're in paralysis mode and feel you need to "increase your vibration or frequency", just repeat and believe that positive affirmation within the intention of moving your conscious away from your physical body faster & faster until it turns into "I thought I could, I thought I could.." or "hell yeah I did that *ish!"

and off you go into the wild-OBE-astral-blue-yonder and such.
... Fun times

I'm sure your podcast will benefit many Cave, thanks again

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

First, you should seek a doctor's opinion no matter what. If they don't find anything at least you know that, and if it persists at least there is a record of you looking into this. Right now you're completely just guessing and turning to some quasi-anonymous people on the internet for what could be a serious medical condition that no one could help you over the net with anyways(even if they are a doctor).

That being said, dreams do offer insight into the functioning status of our bodies & if you think that's what your body might be telling you, then why aren't you listening to it and finding out for sure? Second, some of the visions & sensations we can experience while dreaming can be hyper-real and linger with us into this waking life leaving us disorientated and sick. I'm sure many people recall a dream that left them maybe feeling a bit ill, disturbed, angry, etc. The important thing is to know that they are all symbols(informational signals if you will) of some kind so it's important to pay attention to detail not only of the experiences but of your waking life. Like is there anything you're doing that could cause those same symptoms, either physically or emotionally? Are you eating properly, hydrated, etc?

No matter what, you should talk to a doctor about this but who knows maybe you have a very active pineal gland that causes disorientation because you don't know what it is or what do with it...? -shrugs- but like I said, I'm no doctor.

On the subject of Medical Related Dream:

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 2 years ago, one of the meds my doctor at the time prescribed to me was Avandia. There was something about the pill that made me feel uneasy about it, I mean I like the cool triangular shape, but just had one of those "bad" feelings about it. But I took it for awhile (maybe 2 months) like the doc prescribed. One night though, I had a dream where I spit up ever single one of those little triangular little bastards. So I figured I'd stop taking them and see what happens...

well about a day or two later the FDA issues a warning about significant increase of risk of heart attack and other heart related deaths in patients during controlled clinical trials. So I figured my subconscious was telling me "dude, stop taking that crap, it isn't helping the issue here..."

...so I thanked me

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Thanks dude. I had this crazy idea to try and make a vid of what it would look like, lol. Maybe some other time..

I was thinking of lying down with a camera over my shoulder looking down at my body, then somehow creating some phantom limbs, lol.

A full visual and sound experience. I still can't get the sound right though. Thats a big job in itself.

You should convert one of your videos into an audio podcast, techniques or something. A demonstration of a meditation or some neat "spells" you use on the planes.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

On the subject of Medical Related Dream:

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 2 years ago, one of the meds my doctor at the time prescribed to me was Avandia. There was something about the pill that made me feel uneasy about it, I mean I like the cool triangular shape, but just had one of those "bad" feelings about it. But I took it for awhile (maybe 2 months) like the doc prescribed. One night though, I had a dream where I spit up ever single one of those little triangular little bastards. So I figured I'd stop taking them and see what happens...

well about a day or two later the FDA issues a warning about significant increase of risk of heart attack and other heart related deaths in patients during controlled clinical trials. So I figured my subconscious was telling me "dude, stop taking that crap, it isn't helping the issue here..."

...so I thanked me

I guess this is only semi-related. But I have a pretty good garden. I can think of 2 or 3 times when I have dreamed that my plants had something wrong with them, or were doing something, then found it was true in real life.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well just like to let you know I am making progress at last, not so much with lucid dreams but with dreams and dream recall. I have noticed that the most vivid dreams seem to come in the last few hours of REM. So what I intend to do is set my alarm 2 hours before I normally wake, but instead of getting up and making myself active as recommended in the book “Exploring the world of lucid dreaming” I am just going to drift back into sleep telling myself “I am going to dream”

It seems to have worked so far and it’s a huge step in the right direction in becoming lucid, I remember more dreams this week than I have in the last 4-5 months. I feel so much more observant and my motivation is very high at the moment thanks to this thread and the wonderful people on here.

Thanks for the great advice people, this is very good progress for me. I almost gave in.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Been awhile for me posting on here but I have been getting a little better at having more lucid dreams, their comming just about every other night now. One thing I found that helps me out is while I am lying in bed before I fall asleep I keep telling myself that the next thing you see it will be a dream. The next thing you here it will be a dream. Maybe some of you can try that and see if it helps you any.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You're welcome. That's not a bad idea, I might just do that. I'm not sure if you caught the last vid I posted but I incorporated an overlay technique that's fairly easy to do that might be able to do the trick on your concept without taking hours of masking time...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

That's really cool. Both experiences are definitely examples of intuitive healing or health consciouses(an aspect of medical intuitiveness). Where you able to help the plants? Was the outcome different from what the vision showed you? Or did it just kind alert you to the status of things with no indication origin or outcome?

Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

Very cool man, I'm glad the thread has giving reinvigorated your interest a bit. In terms of lucid dreaming, astral projection, or even dream interpretation for that matter, it's best to remember that sleeping/dreaming is suposed to be restful. So if you're getting frustrated that these things aren't happening, it's because your subconscious is not allowing it for a reason(or there is a block in your conscious mind), which can be anything including more often then not; the fact that you just need to rest and find balance in your day to day life first lest you get swept up in to an intense realm of escape.

We're all here in this waking life together to experience something of great importance to ourselves as individuals & as a collective consciousness, so let's not forget that our power lies here. The "energetic realms" will always be there, but as far as we can tell our time here together is relatively short (like being at camp or something)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Things like lucid dreaming and astral projection I prefer to do when I know I can deal with a lack of sleep, or not get frustrated.

Aside from that I don't think we should be lucid all the time.. i don't think of lucidity as being aware of the dream, but being aware of the dream from your conscious level. What I mean is perhaps we can be in infinite places at once when we dream, in that case never mind. But in these dreams we got JOBS, we got lives, from what I've been led to believe. We learn intense information from the higher planes, we solve our problems or our day.

I had one night where I remembered my entire sleep process, I was paritially lucid.. i get that a lot... i know i'm dreaming but stay focused on what i'm there to do.. but this one night where I remembered everything from the time I hit the pillow until the time I woke up.. I didn't feel very rested. The next day I was mentally exausted.

I'm just throwing these things out there. I think shakesbeer is absolutely right when he says sleep is for the body to rest.. the mind also rests / fixes its problems, and attends to duties, learns etc.

Now perhaps we had the discipline so that every dream was play time, perhaps it would still be possible to sort out all our problems, and do our spiritual duties, and receive higher learning. I imagine it would just happen on a level we are unaware of.. beyond the conscious level, which is why we rarely remember these high vibrational moments. I would imagine there is a process we are unaware of on all frequency ranges simultaneously.

The basic conscious level is interesting.. its the one we identify with the most.. its like the ego level... whereas we have these higher layers we identify with that refer to us in the 3rd person.

Am I ranting?

I'm just agreeing with shakesbeer that you need your rest.

I don't get enough.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

That's an awesome technique, thanks for pointing it out.

A form of this technique I use from time to time is;

With your eyes closed tell yourself(your conscious mind): The next thing that I see will be a "vision" or "dream"(depending on how deep you're going)... And keep that thought going while you slip deeper & deeper into relaxation and when a flash happens, it could be of something odd that might snap you awake, but know you can just do again.

When you do it again, expand on it "the next thing I 'see' will be a dream" by stating a destination of some kind. Example:

"The next thing I 'see' will be a dream, and it is a beautiful sun rise over the ocean"

More often then not you'll get a vision of what you intended once you go deep enough, and if you don't you'll "see" something and know, "hey that's not a nice ocean..." which in the least gives you a "channel of consciousness" (as I call it) to make a choice to keep seeing what's happening, wake up & reset, or construct the scene directly from your new state of consciousness(or lucidity).

Very Important note:

I know that process sounded kind of redundant in respects that you repeat the same essential process and only tacting something on later. However the reason I suggested "no target" first is that is sort of like checking your subconscious "mail" or messages for the day and makes it easier to calibrate what's going on below the surface.

So if you get an odd, silly, horny, angry, warm, cold, loving, cryptic, or whatever kind of vision that gives you a good idea of what the flavor of your subconscious vision is going to be contending with a bit in terms of residual day sensory. This helps to "filter" out whatever thoughts or feelings may inhibit you from achieving your target.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I may just do a podcast on how not to "get tired" after an astral trip or a lucid dream. I am very aware of their ability to create physical manifestations in our body, however(anger, depression, fatigue, etc):

If there was ever an example of creating a situation of being run-down or tired in one's own mind, being tired after dreaming or projecting has to be it.

Even if you're "drawing energy", "reading energy", "energizing energy
", it's all coming from the same infinite energy well which is that hyper dimensional flow from "out there", "heaven", "the ether", whatever you want to call it. We all have a never ending energy well of vitality with in us that transcends physicality. Tapping into this is crucial if you want to do any kind of "psi" work or practice and lucid dreaming & astral projection fall into that category.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I want to shift gears here in terms of dream stuff for a bit and share a video journal of sorts I did about some of my lucid ET experiences. This stuff came to me before I knew certain specifics and especially certain figures involved. Some of you who I have been chatting with for a bit have seen these or if you took time to browse my youtube channel they're on there. But for those you out there who have been having some ET dreams that seem "more then real", you might want to know you're not the only one, and don't let it freak you out. Think of it as a mind expanding experience more then some kind of close encounter as the usefulness of the experiences lies in what you learn from it:

Part 1 : Hoagland's Tower/On To Victory & All Was Well

Part 2: A Grey ol' Time

Part 3: Mish-Mash ET Bash/I snapped to the lines & I think I broke it

Part 4: E-T'error-gation/Fake Alien Surprise

Part 5: The Southernly Nords from the Pleiades

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I just think about my dreams while I am dreaming and I have that emotional connection then to not use just cold symbolics. It is an updating system between your long term subconscious and immediate conscious and is nice to tap in to.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hey there,
sometimes i have amazing dream were i see whole different cities and peoples and things. Des anyone ever seem to be awake when they are sleeping sometimes I am asleep and I can see the room around me, even though i have my eyes closed. May be it is some kind of outer body experience or may be it is my imagination.
I also sometimes get this real funny thing that is hard to describe when I am sleeping. It is like vibrating energy in my head. Like pusating electricity or something. even though I am sleeping I can sometimes control it ( I can make it go faster or slower) When I speed it up real fast it get a noise with it, a bit like a monotone bell but different. This noise although only in my head can get real loud, if it gets like this i have to stop cas it makes me feel like I will explode or something. It is not a scarey thing, infact I like it when it happens. It only happens when I sleep.
Has anyone else had this energy experience

kx

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join