It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams, let's talk about them : Interpretations, lucidity, projection, obe's, precognition, etc

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nice thread. If there is one thing that has convinced me with hard solid proof that there is something more to this life than what we usually see, it is dreams.

Lately I have been questioning most of my experiences ive had in my life that most people would lable "Paranormal". Ive been looking back at them with a sensible healthy-sceptic mindset and tried to find natural explanations for them, as Ive come to realise how easy it is to belive in what you want to belive in, and forget about things that goes against what we belive.

But some dream experiences ive had are just impossible to be sceptic about. Ive had a fair share of memorable dreams, and been deeply impressed at their subconcious language and symbolic meanings. Sometimes it seems that a dream youve had for 5 minutes felt like 5 years in dreamtime. And sometimes ive woken up with a feeling that the dream was alot more real than the world ive just awoken in that i know so well... I have also had an OBE experience where i was floating around in my room for a little thinking "holy crap, I finally did it!). I had almoast forgotten about it the morning after, I was just lucky i was into dreaming at that period and did my routinal dream recalling when i came to remember it. I was thrilled for weeks after that experience. unfortunatly as I stopped writing down my dreams, I also stopped remembering them and having less lucid dreams again...

One experience which truly convinced me that this stuff is beyond "real", was earlier this year. For 6 years ive had a very good realationship with a guy from Malta (Im norwegian), who is the same age as me. We had always talked about getting together one day and actually meet, untill one night we did in a dream I had. I remembered in the dream i was with him in his parents house where he lives, happier than ever, staring into eachothers eyes , smiling and saying "we finally did it, we finally met". It felt more vivid and real than anything, even though thats all i remember from it, plus some minor details about the rooms in his house.

As i logged onto msn the morning after he messaged me the very first second i came online, talking about his dream from the same night where he had met me at the Maltese airport, hugged me like crazy and taken me to his parents house, where we had been superhyped about it. The moment he explained his dream to me i was absolutely flabbergasted. And so was he when i followed up by explaining what i had dreamt

Anyway, half year later, after the dream, i flew down to him and met him, and it was basiacly just like in the dream, only alot better. I stayed there 2 weeks and had the best time of my life as of yet, and im definatly going back next year. I also noticed how his parents house had striking similarities from how i remembered it in the dream, which i couldnt have known of beforehand. We had also not planned the meeting before the dream, and this was the first time we had ever dreamt of eachothers.

That was all the proof i needed to know that dreams arent "just in the head" so to speak. Thats my story

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pekle

That was very interesting thanks for sharing, always nice to hear a positive dream experience. So once you stopped writing your journal the dream's stopped, I write my journal most of the time, but when nothing happens it just seems pointless. I understand it’s a must to jot down something even if it’s just feelings, but most mornings I am up and gone due to work.

I suppose I feel like the guy from the coast to coast interview "The host" I feel like I never have enough time, like he said "Its like the clock is ticking and I need to get things done" see the problem is most night I like to stay up because I have so little time through the day, I may have to rush a little on a morning but still get to work on time.

If I go to bed early the day is gone, I get home from work catch up go online a little or go out or whatever and before I know it "Getting ready for bed" I suppose if I am serious about Lucid Dreaming I am going to have to make changes.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Found this though it was pretty cool amazing how they made it look like a dream

Edit: Ahh I see this is from a film "Waking life" think sombody gave it a mention earlier in the post.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Warrior of Light

To answer your first question about how much lifestyle etc comes into play in our dreams...that's what our dreams are entirely about, so yes they have a lot to do with it. But because you smoke out, or got really drunk off your ass, does that mean you can't have a lucid dream or OBE? Absolutely not! The only reason people say "don't do drugs if want to do this stuff!" is because most people cannot maintain any kind of focus while messed up. And if you have it in your head that you can't control yourself when you are inebriated (or you just can't for that matter) then yeah, it's going to be more difficult to consciously achieve your goal due to lack of focused intention more often then not. Spontaneous events will just happen no matter what, those are triggered entirely by you subconscious in a sense anyways.

Not to mention...what about Shamans? Those guys are whacked out on stuff that's in a completely different league then things like alcohol & pot, and everyone reveres them as spiritual mentors....so don't do drugs? Pssh yeah right! If you don't want to fine, that's awesome, and if you want to, moderation & pure intention is key...we're all going to die no need to rush into it after all (in regards to certain drugs & alcohol, but not one person has died from pot). Now I'm not advocating peyote induced shamanistic trips here (or saying their bad for that matter), I'm just saying everyone has their own individual path to follow, and that can entail just about anything....so who's to judge? and there's always an exception to rule.

The best way to get back your lucid dreaming ability is to pay attention to your body, and what your senses are telling you, and be more observant of your surroundings in general. That will help induce more dreams in general, and just believe every night before you go to bed that you're going to have a dream. And if you don't, don't get frustrated as that's defeating the purpose and there is really no need to be. Our subconscious is a powerful system and has it's way of syncing us up. If you're not dreaming, that might just mean you're fairly balanced in your day to day life and you may need to practice the more meditative or "conscious dreaming" type techniques to break through a cognitive plateau of sorts. Essentially meaning you may benefit from a bit more focused intention on dreaming(using an imagination technique), focus in general(meditation to aid in walking your self into "conscious dreaming"), & really getting in tune with your day to day associations. That is very important to understanding your dreams in general. What does it mean to you when a pink whale flies by your old elementary school?...things like that. But have fun with it, that's the most important thing. Even when taking note of your senses and new observations, have fun with it. It will make it easier to achieve a sense o stability of your own, and give you confidence when things get "challenging" in life.

The vibration is an indication of what people would call an "Out of Body" experience & is quiet common. Many specifically use that feeling to get them to that state of out of body consciousness. I seems as though the vibration is a signal that our conscious mind is thinking in a way which has pushed it to a threshold of another dimension of perspective and perception & the "buzzing" or "vibrating" is at the nexus or convergence point of energetic frequencies of conscious. translates into energetic impulses in the brain at a particular frequency range (ergo "vibrating"), so think of the vibrating as your etheric body's "door bell" or "buzzer" and you can choose to have your conscious remain in your physical body, or let your mind wonder where it will projecting as it sees fit. Up to you, most important thing is to not freak, it's all as "normal" as it can get and fear will just make you go places you don't want to. So once again, it's important you remain confident (not cocky or arrogant) -says the damn dirty pot-

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

Thank you and I'm glad you've enjoyed the info.

Second and very important message here. It is not the pot that is giving you any more imagination. The more you build that association, the more you make it true, the more you become dependent on it for those associations. It's your mind that imagination is coming from, not the plants'. Just like the plant doesn't "make you lazy" it's your own damn choice to sit there and be lazy, the pot is just an excuse. Can pot make you a bit drowsy & therefore feel a bit lazy? Yes it can, but if you know that's the effect of the plant, then you know it's all an effect on your mind, then you can effectively "shut it off" in your mind then too couldn't you? Don't let a plant control you man, you control the plant for your own good & use.

Your block in attaining your "lucid dreaming" stability has to do with a lot of things I'm sure. One maybe being the fact that you may or may not have identified what it actually literally means to you do be a "lucid dreamer". Like I keep saying, even though I am a "lucid dreamer" that doesn't mean I'm constructing specifically intentioned dreams every night. More often then not my dreams are just as symbol laden as everyone else but I just seem to naturally have the choice to consciously observe and remember the pertinent information from my dreams on a consistent basis...and over the course of the night "other" too. But either way I recognize that fact that ever night I dream (as we all do) and it's just a matter of remembering it. Once you can get to a point where you're having good dream recall, your ability to create a "conscious dream" experience will increase. Until then, it's a matter of focusing and finding a technique that works for you.

Don't forget, you're going to have much more success having an abundance of lucid dreams the more you either construct the dream prior to sleeping, or really understand the symbols of your subconscious. To understand the symbols your subconscious (which is a voice of your body as well) is to know the workings of your own mind. So maybe try to let the imagery come to you instead of directing it, your subconscious might send you a vivid message that you didn't think you could just "visualize".

Either way, I know for a fact that the techniques described in the Stephen Laberge's book do work. I highly recommend you follow those for awhile as it takes effort to attain any level of stability or proficiency, just like playing an instrument and the book gives very good step by step illustrations.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pekle
Nice thread. If there is one thing that has convinced me with hard solid proof that there is something more to this life than what we usually see, it is dreams.

Lately I have been questioning most of my experiences ive had in my life that most people would lable "Paranormal". Ive been looking back at them with a sensible healthy-sceptic mindset and tried to find natural explanations for them, as Ive come to realise how easy it is to belive in what you want to belive in, and forget about things that goes against what we belive.

That's so awesome...
I'm sure you can really see how we co-create this reality together in a very literal sense then I'm sure.
I share your perspective on dreams as a powerful "convince-er" of sorts. It was ultimately a dream experience that "snap out of it" so to speak in terms of perception beyond material existence alone

Your other experiences sound pretty damn sweet. Shared dreams are always a very special type of experience. It's so cool because even if it's just with one other person, it really rings home that feeling that everything and everyone is interconnected. I'm sure you know what I mean especially with precognitively seeing items in the house that you couldn't have created by your will alone on top of the experience itself. Neat to see how time really isn't linear huh? Especially to our subconscious as it really only operates under one cognition of time, and that is "now". It contains the concepts of "future" and "past", but it functions & communicates in "now". That's why you hear all the lucid dream techniques, and psychological modalities dealing with the subconscious using statements that focus on the "present tense".

But those are some very cool experiences indeed, thank you very much for sharing them. Right now everyone needs something to believe in, and by sharing your story you help reinforce the belief that we need only look inwards to find what we need to believe. Not only in something "bigger" or "more" but more importantly, in ourselves that we can manifest these dreams or "concepts" into this reality.

Like your astral then eventually physical meeting with your buddy

thank you again for sharing your story.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Waking Life Rocks btw

Okay now that's out of the way....

I made yet another dream-tutorial-type video-dealio. This one has to deal with how to give yourself a "Reality Check" in order to "wake yourself up" in a dream. Which can be tricky and I anticipate expanding on the theory & practice in the future but I also wanted to say a few things about the techniques that are already floating around out there & some of the misconception that they may bring.

Anyways, here's the video (about 17 mins) hope you enjoy

Pt 1:

Pt 2:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That makes perfect sense shakesbeer thank you very much, as I was saying to you last night on MSN "It was like something clicked and things were about to get intresting" I even went to bed knowing I was going to dream so kept my journal at the side of me as well as writing down a few times "I am going Dream tonight"

Well I sure did here is the dream from my journal.

20th 12 2008

Well it’s been a while since I last logged a dream; maybe I lost a little motivation. Well the motivation is back due to great people like Shaksbeer who always seem to be there when I need them most. I cannot thank these people enough, it goes to show the good in life will always be there and the old wisdom is not lost. Thank you, thank you so much.

Last night I had a pretty interesting dream, the setting was Armley town street a little shopping area near to my home. I was stood by the side of the road having a cig just watching the world go by; I was in my car (Actually my old car in this dream) a blue modified Pug 306. I remember knowing my car was safe around the corner, as I was stood there watching the world go by this girl approached me. This girl was in her early 20’s blonde hair tied back in a pony tail, she was wearing a leather jacket that seemed to catch my attention, nothing special just a hip length leather jacket.

Well I was stood against a metal railing just by the side of the road when she came over and said “Do you have a spare cigarette” I replied “I only have handmade ones it’s all I smoke” she looked at me and smiled and said “That’s fine” I went on to explain I would have to go back to my car to get my tobacco and make her one. It was then she turned around and said “Oh I think they moved your car” I kind of thought “who the hell moved my car” I proceeded to check the parking spot where I left the car and to my surprise it was gone. “Who moved my car” I said out loud, she quickly calmed me down and said come with me it’s parked over the street, I walked around the corner with her and there my car was. It was parked outside of a house across the street a little up the road. I took it I must have been parked illegally or something and the police came and moved it. Well we both walked over to the car and had a strange conversation, the walk seemed to last as long as we wanted it to even though the car was like 1 mins walk from where we were.

I asked her If she was seeing anyone in a relationship and she replied “I am already cheating on my Boyfriend” so that kind of screwed that one up, for some reason I was still trying to be close with her and the smell of the leather jacket seemed to draw me in. For some reason I was thinking to myself “Yea this can work” maybe I should just come out and say to her let’s give it a shot. Just before I was going to ask her out I came to my car outside of a house, to my surprise there was my best friend’s son stood in the doorway of this house watching me talking to this girl, my friend now owns the car “Pug 306” I remember looking at him and he was smiling I looked back at this girl and we just cuddled It felt amazing not in a sexual lusty type of way it was something far greater I felt, almost like I just wanted to cry she felt so powerful and understanding I remember the smell of leather close to me and the warmth of her body almost healing mine.

The next thing I was awaken by family members entering our house, I had my dream journal at the side of my bed when I woke, I woke slowly with the dream fresh in my mind and wrote down what I had just experienced. I remember waking up feeling like I was about to meet this person at some point in my life, and when the time comes I will know.

Its strange really because everyone in the dream apart from me and this girl felt like film extras, you know they are there but there part is not that important, they just make the place look normal. Just checking out your new vids now.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Haha brilliant vid once again, love the ending kind of sums it all up. Seems like the help I need keeps coming my way in some shape or form, I feel so much more connected and alive. Even reading other peoples dream experiences makes me happy, keep up the good work dude

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The old car is a conceptualization of old ideals, and this dream in general seem to be about realization of self. The girl who enticed & comforted you with affection would be a reflection of your own feminine self or "Anima" hence the reason she seemed more like an extra rather then the embodiment of a future mate. While some of her qualities may reflect some of your preferences of what you might look for in someone(hence the reason you feel you may meet someone like this in the future) , but right now she symbolizes the nurturing, caring, & compassionate aspect of yourself. To be engage in an endearing embrace with the Anima means that you are coming to grips & accepting the feminine aspects of your own psyche.

The car is a symbol of yourself like I said, and it not being where you thought it was, or moved is an indication that your perception of yourself might not be exactly what you had thought it was or has changed. Your Anima was helping you guide yourself to the "new you" or the new perception of yourself. The amount of steps you where from the car is an indicator of the time this process will likely take you to completely identify with. The fact that once you got to the house/car (which are both you) and your friend now owned your old car symbolizes aspects of your friend that may have been/be reflected in you which now are more closely associated with the associative aspects of that friend.

One more thing about the girl and her jacket. The fact that you remembered the jacket and the leather so vividly probably symbolizes that the more you identify with that feminine aspect of your psyche the more relative protection or fortitude you will within yourself and your own self perception.

And thank you for your compliments & hi regards again, and I am glad you found the new video to informative &/or entertaining

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Very well explained, however it was the girl who felt like the only other person there and it was the other people on the street that felt like "Extras" other than that there is a lot of personal meaning there so thanks for breaking the dream down like that.

In that dream I had last night I felt I had so much more energy, normally it's just a sketchy dream thats hard to work out anything. I was so in touch with everything last night even feelings, emotions. Its inspired me even more to keep at this and keep my dream journal full of great experiences

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Ah gotcha, just misread there. The symbol means the same thing though(the girl) and the other people being more of the "extras" really jives with the idea that those may be older or learned aspects of yourself reflected in those people or archetypes.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Warrior of Light - Try thinking of a destination when you're in that state. Instead of thinking about getting out of your body, and struggling (been there!) just think of a beautiful place you'd like to be. That's how I finally was able to leave my body. I didn't end up where I wanted to go (Hawaii), but I finally lifted off, so to speak, and ended up having an amazing experience, and have had many since. I still struggle sometimes due to fear, even though I know there is nothing to be afraid of. I think it's fear of the unknown.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hello guys! nice to meet you
interesting posts here;
dreams were not very important to me, as I felt they were just pictures from the day... or any working up
BUT it could be different sometimes may be.
Recently I dreamt about persons or things that i thought do not bother me at all; So i questioned myself if there is not a way , like molecule or neuron transmitting; as we know in relation to the mobile station and receiving that we are more sensitive with our intuitions.

In the first year of our new home, i had a strange dream, it was a, as you say, "Out of body "dream. My landlords were very friendly, so I did not expected they would lie, just to sneak around.
One night I dreamed I heard them at the door, i guess i was in that non moveable phase, so my ghost( call it here ) flew to the door and tried to tell them off, not to come in, i was sure it was them. Now after 4 years that have prooved they are not good people; I know my ghost was very angry, i did not wake up;but I remembered the next morning;

And once I dreamed about my past love, he was in danger, i knew and he spoke to me, I made him smile and then I woke up, that was very intensive for me; but i did not see him anymore...(but that s another story)

And I remember about 3 times when the new wife of my ex tried to correspond with me lol
I read in a dreambook thats kind of an intelligence battle.

have a good day!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting the David Wilcock video. I found him to be extremely interesting and many of his views parallel mine. Awesome find.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Warrior of Light - Try thinking of a destination when you're in that state. Instead of thinking about getting out of your body, and struggling (been there!) just think of a beautiful place you'd like to be. That's how I finally was able to leave my body. I didn't end up where I wanted to go (Hawaii), but I finally lifted off, so to speak, and ended up having an amazing experience, and have had many since. I still struggle sometimes due to fear, even though I know there is nothing to be afraid of. I think it's fear of the unknown.

Great advice! A lot of people get so wrapped up in the process of projection they forget to get it in their head where they want to project to. That really is the most important thing, vibrating, buzzing, ringing, etc is a by product of the process, the the entire process itself.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandible

Very interesting & thank you for sharing your story. You're right every day we reply and index our past day into our subconscious & if that's all you expect/want to see, that's pretty much what they'll be. And in a way that is what you saw that day with your landlord accept your conscious mind was not aware of it...but obviously your subconscious picked up on something

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

You are most definitely welcome, David's cool and does excellent work. Not sure if you've seen his Project camelot interviews but what he talks about in terms of what he sees in our future is very closely aligned to what I have seen myself. Looking for tales of other lucid dreamers is how I found David Wilcock, it was awesome hearing him talk knowing someone else "saw it too" so to speak

Here's David's first interview on PC:

Pt 1:

Pt 2:

Pt 3:

Pt 4:

Here's the list of his interviews on PC : www.projectcamelot.org...

I'm actually supposed to be helping him with graphics in some capacity for his 2012 Enigma sequel so that should be cool

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Found this while on Youtube though it was pretty intresting

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
applause

idon't have much in the way of unique dream experiences to tell about...
as i have most of my thoughtful life walked in two worlds.

i long ago discovered and applied my dream reality as an equal of ordinary wakeful living & experience

Now (with this post/reply), i will have a much easier time locating the thread topic as it is now in the 'MY ATS',
and i be able immediately enter the thread without going to the long & drawn-out 'Search' function...

thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join