It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams, let's talk about them : Interpretations, lucidity, projection, obe's, precognition, etc

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PoisonousPoison

hah cool enough.

I like the hug remark, that could actually be an indicator of a block in that "nurturing" aspect of yourself
Maybe if you tried to explore that block a bit you could identify what may be the cause. Within that may lay a bunch of subconscious triggers that may or may not have even come from you. Either way, it sounds like you may simply just need to open yourself up to more possibility and opportunity.

And you are welcome, it was my pleasure really. Thanks again for sharing.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

As allways great insight Shakes! I really enjoy reading all your answers.

Haha - Yea I can certainly relate to being addicted to many of lifes indulgences. At the time if I'm not misstaken I had just started smoking again. I was also going through some hard times in my relationship so I can definitely relate the destruction and old friends dispair to myslef and how I was feeling.

Don't have an opinion on this Linda Moulton but 'High weirdness' could be used to describe most of my life really so I think I can handle it
I can relate to the above somewhat the only thing is the voice is distictly male and last time I checked I was not so are you saying that your higher self could be manifesting as another gender (That's really interesting?)? I belive the voice belongs to some sort of guide but I have nothing to substanciate that with other than a gut feeling. Saying that when I think about the feeling I had while listening to the voice it could very well be related to my life, death and rebirth. I remember the dream and have some keywords written down but in anycase I don't think I will forget it anytime soon.

If it does come to pass in the future I don't think there's anything anyone can do to stop it from happening. It was the feeling I got as if it had already happened. I wasn't ment to do something about it just observe it.

I think the voice talking to me when I was sleeping is the same or from the source if that makes sense. It was trying to show me something. I didn't feel any maleviolence or fear related to it. infact it sounded exactly like any person normal person speaking to you from the side of your bed until it shifted right into my ear. I really beat myself for waking up insted of sticking with it and hearing what it had to say. I don't suffer from voices in my head otherwise
No risk of insanity here two feet firmy on the ground. I have been shown things before and after. But I will share those experiences another time

Keep up the good work

Much love and light coming your way

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
ive got a dream i had around new year thats driving me mad no matter were i look up dream meanins i cant find this one.
in my dream i was walking along a road and it was dark and hard to see ahead there was a large brick wall that went around a corner and as i looked towards the corner an animal came running past i cant remeber what the animal was but it was small anyway it ran past me and nearly knocked me over then a wolf came running after it and run straight to me and knocked me over and started biting my wrist it only seemed to grab the skin and pulled on it, then i woke up the weird thing is when i woke up my wrist actually hurt.

so has any one got any ideas

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

The future is never set in stone, and can always be changed. You have to remember that. The probability might be low that it would change from a vision, but it's still always possible to shift the future as it's not "now". Due to the length of time & events that have happened since there, I would guess what you saw is "future past" in a sense. Meaning that probability that was going to happen has probably pasted us. At least within the context of the dream event at the time.

Yes your higher self can be the opposite sex or no sex for that matter. The perspective our spiritual source has transcends many of the concepts here on this physical plane, including duality (which would include male/female). It just kind of depends on what you need to see at the time. Transcendence doesn't mean elimination, it simply means that one has moved past a concept and is no longer bound by it. Sort of like when we leave this physical form.

I'm glad it sounds like you have a grip on the voices, I'm sure with time their purpose will be fully revealed to you.

Thank you again for sharing and your encouragment.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

Thank you for sharing.

Whenever you're walking or driving down a street, road, or path, that means the direction your life is currently headed. Being dark may be an indicator of confusion or being un sure of your direction in life, the brick wall is a symbol of some kind of perceive obstacle in your way to your perceived destination. Each brick is a thought of sorts that you may use to harden yourself, or your perceptive on the subject of life. The animal may represent your basic or natural desires, the wolf is a symbol of solitude, pride, self confidence, power, & survival instincts. So the fact that it was chasing your natural desires may mean it's time to bring down that defensive wall you wear around you and allow the the prideful, self confident you get to the fun & excitement you want (symbolized by the wrist). It sounds like you have quite a strong defensive nature, the wolf pulling at your skin may be an indicator that you need to allow that defense to come down just a bit in order to enjoy more of the fun & exciting opportunities that available to you right now.

Sorry for taking a bit of time to get back to everyone, been busy the past 5 days or so. But I hope that helped to offer some insight into your dream. Feel free to ask whatever may need clarification

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So I just started reading your OP, and it's a LOT of information to digest so while I'm reading this, I was told by IAmD1 that I should post my dream here and see what's up

but it's pretty long so I guess I'll just post the linkRecent Dream

I have a feeling I'll be learning a lot from this thread

-JR

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
wow that was really helpful thanks i am at a pert in my life were i am confused about choices and im very defensive so ill take heed of what you said.

there is one thing i dream about alot, and thats tornadoes, and usually the background is really sunny and calm but then there is a tornado and then more and no matter were i go there is a tornado forming.
i had this dream last night actually.
this dream fasinates me so much because its a recurring dream.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bandaidctrl

Thank you for sharing your very rich dream experience. I wasn't sure where to post a reply so I'll quote stuff from it in here so that everyone knows what I'm referring too as well...

Originally posted by bandaidctrl
The Death Beings

There were 2 of them a male and female. Both had huge feathered wings, as well as this aura of evil around them.

Evil tends to represent repressed or suppressed aspects of yourself. Our minds are a funny thing, and it's always a bad idea to let someone else dictate what "should" or "shouldn't" be there. Your thoughts are your own, and they are there to communicate something to yourself. You can't "unthink" something no matter how hard someone tries to "block" a thought. It's there, find out why, it'll go away or change. Even the scariest of "evil" has aspects of creation within it, the context is just something that may immediately offend us. Discover the message of the "evil" and you will see that it only needed acceptance and love to subside and relinquish influence you may feel it has over you, & into it's own form of death; which will result in your own rebirth.

The male looked liked an old worn down version of steven spielberg (it wasn't steven spielburg obviously, but you get the picture). He sat on a throne made of stone and metals and shades of gray, he actually looked like he was made of stone too, but he definitely was not. He also wore a brimmed hat, and had fierce blue eyes.

He sat in a large pillared room once again all stone and shades of gray, I always saw him from an angle, as if I was either sneaking in or pinning him in a corner.

He was very very very smart.

Everyone reading this thread is going to start becoming well aware of their masculine/feminine-selves it seems as we keep seeing reflections of our polar energies manifested consistently in the dreams that have been shared. Very cool indeed.

It appears that you have a very stern view of judgment as here you are faced with your own project intensity reflected back at you in the form of this stone/stern/resolute/conditional male figure. The dream in general seems to have an over tone of "on or off", "right or wrong", "black or white", "good or evil". This is but one of the embodiments of your own form of duality. It would seem a by product of a very ridged system, maybe you where in a very strict family growing up, or maybe you're just the type who is "on & off" in a sense of expression. Whatever it may be, it's an aspect of yourself that means to draw out a conflict within yourself. Maybe rejecting that "calling"? But more on that later..

That being said, I would highly recommend you check out some of the definitions at the above linked site dreammoods.com as it offers a very comprehensive free dream dictionary. It will help give you insight into the particular characteristics of the symbols in your dream, such as what "blue" tends to mean such as in the eyes of the male character or what the characteristics of "stone" represent.

The second Death Being the female, is unknown to me, she had long dark hair and very pale skin, she was a blood drinker. I say blood drinker because I don't think she was a vampire....or maybe she was the first I don't know, she had possession of an army of sorts a HUGE army.

Once again, you're faced with your own reflection of what you would perceive of as the negative aspects of your feminine self. It would seem that you are at war with yourself and may not even realize it. Hence the army of mixed intentions to come to their queen's aid. She can drain those around her if she so desires to, but would view it as an offering from her loyal subjects, willing or not. The Anima also embodies concepts like deciet & manipulation in her destructive form. Maybe take time to reflect upon your intentions and once again, you'll see this figure is only looking for love & acceptance. This is why she surrounds herself with her army ready to defend her and her ways at all times so affirm her position.

I knew they wanted to kill us... torture in fact, it's not something I remember clearly, but I KNOW that the dream was insanely gory.

Oh yeah, inhibiting aspects of ourselves tend to not go down without a fight and sometimes it can get messy. Sometimes they manifest in our waking life as angry spells, or you just feel like picking a fight for no reason, things like that. Not always, but generally do reflect the aspect of yourself that these symbols are associated with in some way.

The Callings
Myself, I felt terrified, yet calm and collected. We were running away but I wasn't panicking, I felt prepared, and I knew what I was doing. I even thought to myself in the dream "I'm proud of you for not running away, for staying to experience this"

Good job, and you should be proud of yourself. That was your own death in a sense that you saw in that gory blood bath. Remember that rebirth I was talking about? Maybe that happened recently already for you and this was a way your subconscious was letting you know "I have changed my beliefs a bit..."

That's about it, occasionally like I said, we'd get called (sometimes with the girl, sometimes without), or we would witness some sort of exchange between the Death Beings.

Once again, it sounds like both of you should follow your hearts right now(as in your "calling") as to what you want to be doing with your time and figuring out how to make that happen. The death beings aren't your enemies but rather the aspects of yourself that have to "do the dirty work" in relation to yourself and change in the direction you want to head. They will remain to be scary, gory incidents until you are able to identify what aspects of change/yourself you may be resisting and allow them to flow through you & you will see that you will remain in the same place, only with a renewed, more free perspective on life itself. Which will allow you to manifest what it is that you want out of life because you will radiate with your own pure intention which will allow your needs & desires to be drawn to you.

Thanks again for sharing, and I hope I was able to offer some insight into your dream experience

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

The tornadoes are due to that confusion you where talking about. Confusion implies anxiety or swirling focused but chaotic energy. Whoa, paradox

Once you start making sincere decisions in your life based on your new perspective, I'm sure the tornadoes will start to subside. If not, you may have some other lingering unrest inside of you wanting to be expressed. But it does sound like you're about to push through a plateau of sorts here in which case your dreams will probably mellow out to some extent.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

To put it bluntly

My mind has just been blown, to be completely honest, that is the most in depth analysis I've ever had of any of my dreams, I'm almost the point of tears because it actually makes sense. One thing that was spot on was the connection to a strict upbringing, that's not something I would have considered.

The center of my chest just released all this pressure...

Like thank you, really.

-JR

[edit on 27-1-2009 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bandaidctrl

I'm glad I was able to offer some insight and I'm happy that you feel better. Hopefully with you new found perspective on thing, you'll be able to alleviate anything that was bugging you before. It would seem you're quite powerful, now it's just time you realize that about yourself in a pure way. Once again, you're welcome & I'm happy to help

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hey Everyone

Just wanted to post my new "how to" type-vid here to the thread as it is on the subject of Dream Journals. I try to answer some questions like "What is a dream journal?","what can I use?", "how do I keep it?", "Why do I need one?", and "what can I use it for?". Hopefully this video will help with some of those

Thanks for watchin'

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, and was informed this thread was here, so I will repost my experience here:

I have been trying to have lucid dreams off and on for the past few years, and I believe I finally had one last night...maybe those who have had one/more themselves can add their take to this:

In my dream, everything was going as normal...well, as normal as my dreams get anyway. lol Then at one point, I was in a room with a bunch of military people, all who were wearing a new type of camouflage, however, I was wearing an older style, as was 1 other person. As the dream progressed, this other person was essentially mimicing everything I was doing, and it kind of hit me that this was odd. Why would some strange person be the only other person wearing my style of camouflage, and doing everything I'm doing? That's when it hit me that I was dreaming...I actually spoke the words aloud in my dream, "Hey, this is a dream!" I distinctly remember making a concerted effort NOT to wake up. Once that feeling settled, and I didn't wake up, this other person sort of "showed me" how to fly...but it wasn't really instructional, if that makes sense. It just kind of happened...he did it, then I did it. I do recall having to concentrate to keep myself flying...if I'd think to hard about anything else, I'd lose some of my control and either begin to float toward the ground, or just not be able to control my momentum. The rest of the dream was fairly uneventful, other than the fact that I could fly at will. When the dream ended, I remember trying to tell myself not to wake up yet, but my alarm clock had other ideas in mind. lol

Anyway, it was an amazing feeling to have that epiphany of "hey, I'm dreaming. I know I'm dreaming, but I'm not waking up." and suddenly feeling like you can do anything. I really hope this isn't a one time thing, as I've been trying for years. I would love to have more experiences like this...

Questions? Comments? Jokes?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I have only had one lucid dream and it was entirely on it's own. By that I mean it happened before I thought about telekinesis or precognition or any of that stuff. I remember I was at this mall and let me tell you this, I HATE SHOPPING. I'm in a mall and I'm walking through it, nothing fancy it really just looks like a cube, and I come to the end of the mall but, there's no end. That is to say it doesn't have a back side. A hill just starts (one that if you walked all the way around the building you would get to) and there's a tree on top of it. I don't know what tree just about every species would work placed there. The sky is blue, just how I like it, and I walk up the hill. On the hill there is a sign. I don't know what it said, I don't think it said anything. If you walk paced that sign you come to a different world. It looks exactly the same except (including yourself) there are only three people. One was a woman and one was a man. The woman had silver white hair that flowed past her shoulders, the man I don't know. The welcomed me to this place, I can't remember the name sadly even though I understood what they we saying. I then walked back over across the sign where a group of people started asking me questions about it and I remember I looked and fluttering in the air was a butterfly. It looked nothing like an actual butterfly but, more like a preschooler had colored it out of a coloring book. I was purple with a pink inner color and it had blue polka dots inside the blue. I just flew by me and in that moment it struck me like a pile of bricks, I am in a dream. At that knowledge I immediatley forgot the name of the weird world and I thought, Alright I can do two things, 1. I can wake up or 2. I can have some fun with this. I chose #2.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaruseleh

Hi there, thank you very much for sharing. I'm sorry for taking a bit of time to get back to you, I've been a bit overwhelmed trying to catch up in another one of my threads. Yes that was definitely a lucid dream of some kind. It sounds like you did a great job waking yourself up too, that isn't in the easiest of situations to induce lucidity. The way you woke yourself up that time can work in any other kind of situation too. One thing I suggest to people that they tell themselves as they get close to falling asleep is : The next thing I see, hear, or smell will be a dream. That statement is a like a superficial "marker" of sorts for your conscious mind to help remember that it's in a dream no matter what scene might happen.

Thanks again for contributing, and I hope you have another empowering dream like that soon enough.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

One thing I suggest to people that they tell themselves as they get close to falling asleep is : The next thing I see, hear, or smell will be a dream. That statement is a like a superficial "marker" of sorts for your conscious mind to help remember that it's in a dream no matter what scene might happen.

This is kind of what I did...I had actually gone to bed earlier in the night, and had woken up once, but didn't completely wake up...kinda in that groggy awake state before falling back asleep...and I remember thinking to myself that I want to have a lucid dream....that is the last thing I remember thinking before falling back asleep. Seems it worked...and maybe being in that half awake/half asleep state of mind helped....

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

hell yeah...

After waking up really quick is one of the easiest ways to induce a lucid dream. I know some people like waking themselves up for a good chunk of time, like an hour or two, but that's not really necessarily. Focused intention is the key really.

have you tried it again since that experience?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I tried again last night, but no luck...I will continue to try though. Although it was fun being able to fly (which, by the way, is something i have NEVER done in a dream prior to this), I actually enjoyed the realization that I was dreaming more than the actual flying...though I'm sure that will change over time assuming i can do this more. Next time I'd like to try something really absurd like shooting fireballs from my fingers or something. lol

One other thing of note: I didn't actually have control over the dream itself...the dream basically continued as it normally would (in my case, dreams are very sporadic, jumping from place to place in an instant...surroundings and atmospheres changing instantly, etc...). The only thing I had any control over is what I was doing in the dream.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A little update: I haven't had much "time" to think about dreams, etc. since I last posted since I've been so busy lately, but last night I had an interesting dream:

I've been waiting for an email from someone for about a week, and last night I had a dream / feeling just as I fell asleep that I had just received an email from this person. It was unusually memorable when I woke, and after checking my email, I was quite surprised to see it had come true :O. Probably a coincidence, but still very curious.

I've also been having some success with maintaining consciousness into the hypnogogic state (where sounds, images, etc. sort of flow through your mind, but in a more dreamlike way than daydreaming). What's interesting is that I already had experienced this to some extent in my childhood: I noticed that just before I fell asleep, I seemed to have an uncanny ability to listen to any music I heard in full detail, just like I was really hearing it.

But what really seemed weird to me at the time was sometimes (when I was in this state) I was able to compose full orchestral pieces of music, improvise and change the styles of existing music, etc., etc. - it was like I instantly became a musical genius or something (something that I'm definitely not during average waking thought). At first I thought it was just my imagination making be "believe" I was creating this, but after composing something, memorizing it, waking, and recalling, I realized this was real.

I've always been able to do this to some extent, with varying success. But it seemed the harder I tried, the less these musical abilities would be. It's hard to describe - like if I make a conscious effort to compose something or "hum" it in my head, the ability goes away, but if I silence my thoughts and simply "listen" to the music, I can not only recall any musical piece in full detail, but to some extent compose and guide it by conscious suggestion: I literally can think to myself "I want this to be more jazzy" and it becomes so.

This idea of a consciously controlled state of "hypnogogia" or a connection to my subconscious abilities fascinates me. If I can compose music that I never could during waking thought, what else am I capable of?

This is a crazy and most likely false idea, but what if we all are capable of amazing creativity, etc., but not all of us "tap" into these abilities during waking thought (for whatever reasons)?

[edit on 13-2-2009 by ac500]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
[edit on 13-2-2009 by Sergeant Stiletto]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join