It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we get the Government to disclose what we want under the freedom of info. act?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Do you think it would work? If so, were would one start? Do you know of anyone who may have tried it?
If not, this just may be a way for all of us to get the truth out

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Many thing have been recovered through the FOIA, but the government will keep it grubby little hands on whatever it sees fit regardless of our supposed rights. How to go about it, I wouldn't know, but I'm sure there is info online if you poke around some.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I know of someone personally working for USAF Space Command right now.

This person's squadron gets calls all the time (at least once a week) requesting UFO info under the FOIA. All the squadron does is forward the call to Public Affairs.

Isn't going to happen, IMO.

[edit on 12/13/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There was a pinned thread in this very forum about the FOI documents that Clifford Stone collected. It was removed due to some members spamming it, depite being asked not to do so.

Springer informed us that there was a definite paper-trail that something unusual was being covered by the government. However, he was also specific to mention that it did not 'prove' UFOs.

Hopefully, things might have progressed on that front and no doubt Springer is still working on it!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
www.rcfp.org...

When requesting records, you must “reasonably describe” the material you want. This does not mean you need to know an exact document or docket number, but your request should be specific enough......

good luck

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here's a link to the thread that describes the Clifford Stone FOI documents. I should have included it in my other post.

Team ATS visits Clifford Stone

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Sure you can get any info you want under FOIA

IF the info is no longer a 'matter of national security'
IF you know what to ask for specifically (hard to do if you don't know what your looking for
)
IF you don't mind reading documents with black ink on the good parts

OH and if its larger than 20 pages you will have to go to where they keep the record and photocopy it yourself, or pay someone local to do it for you

Sooo on that note... anyone here live in Huntsville Alabama? Call me

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
FOIA request for NASA

www.hq.nasa.gov...

U.S. Department of State Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

www.state.gov...

Enjoy...

PS I also know someone who works for Space Command
but his job is to assign the clearance level on documents BEFORE they get sent to the Pentagon for filing

Too bad he isn't more 'chatty'

[edit on 14-12-2008 by zorgon]

top topics

join