It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so few new threads on here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
As of now (Sat. Dec. 13 at about 10pm your time) there are exactly two new threads that have been initiated in at least a month.

Is it because it is a limited access forum and nobody reads it unless they can post?

Do people find the strict rules of civilized debate daunting?

Are the threads not challenging enough? Too challenging? Require too much effort and/or research? Not enough? Not interesting enough?

Why are there so few responses to the threads that do exist?

I'm beginning to wonder if I should start new threads in Above Politics or a similar forum instead of here. I've gotten good responses for threads there (some of them).

It seems like The Bully Pulpit is an excellent opportunity for some serious discussion of important issues. I am concerned it will just disappear if we don't put it to better use than we have.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

The presidential election is over, and many of us love the campaign and the strategies of the persons running for the office. This will pick up when Sen Obama becomes president on Jan 20. There will be much going on, and some of his policies will be controversial.
The 2010 Congressional races will get started toward the end of 2009 as some politicians begin their announcements as to whether they intend to run for their current office, another office or retire. If I can think of something to discuss I will put it here.

join