It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is evolution the counter to Jesus?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
An interesting note to make from the OT.

The word for 'created' was the word 'bara'.

There is no true word for 'created' in Hebrew...bara actually means...to fatten/to fill.

God fattened/filled soemthing that already was.

It wasn't 'created' out of nothing...it was filled/fattened with the Holy Spirit.

The word 'bara' is also used when the sacrifices were being explained...bara was the fat of the animal...the 'filling' of the animals flesh. It was literally, the 'fat'.

Then look at the leaven teachings...showing how the bread raised with the leaven. We are a process that is evolving over long durations of time. We have been filled with the spirit at some point in time. There are 2 types of leaven for a soul...righteous leaven of divine or unrighteous leaven of this material world.

Look at the teachings of 'fruits'...fruits are produced through a process. A fruit must have a seed, the seed must produce a vine, for the tree to be fruitful, it also helps for the seed to be planted in a 'good soil'.

Our souls are going through a process...evolution is a part of this process. Why it is so hard for others to even 'think' about this possibility is beyond me. God works in ways beyond our understandings. To say God doesn't work by things evolving actually limits THEE to what Thee can do or how Thee will work.

The pure teachings of this process were the teachings of the fruits and the bread offerings. Then the creator God, which only THINKS itself to be God....brings the misleading teachings of blood and force.

Sacrifice and offering are two different teachings with two different natures.

Peace,
LV

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Now what kind of thing is that to do? Go and see what words might have really meant in the biblical stories. You know Christians do not like that. Created says created so that is what it means. King James said it is the word of the lord.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
" Why is evolution the counter to Jesus?

In order for evolution to be true, it would have to be an ongoing thing, which it is not. No one has ever looked out their window and seen evidence for evolution, ever.

You don't have to look as far as out of your window to see evolution. It might be right on your own body.

If bacterial resistance to antibiotics is not evolution, I'd like to know why because it sure seems to fit the definition, and it is certainly an ongoing thing.

Antibiotic Resistance

My apology to the OP since I am off topic. I just couldn't let this slide.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I do not live to please 'Christians'.

It says what it says, I didnt write it...nor do I follow every word of the Bible. The Bible has two different natures in it, one is righteous and the other is not.

All I did was point our an 'obvious' that many refuse even though it says it right there.

Bara means--to fatten/fill.

Lol, its not my fault, I didnt write it.
LV

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

No one has ever looked out their window and seen evidence for evolution, ever.

Thanks for reminding me. When was the last time you looked out your window and saw the earth rotate? How about photosynthesis? Seen radiation lately?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup

" Why is evolution the counter to Jesus?

In order for evolution to be true, it would have to be an ongoing thing, which it is not. No one has ever looked out their window and seen evidence for evolution, ever.

You don't have to look as far as out of your window to see evolution. It might be right on your own body.

If bacterial resistance to antibiotics is not evolution, I'd like to know why because it sure seems to fit the definition, and it is certainly an ongoing thing.

Antibiotic Resistance

Antibiotic resistance is NOT evolution but adaption within the kind. Did the virus mutate into a banana? No it adapted to fight off the antibiotic but it didn't change what it was. The Flu is still the Flu, when you can get a virus to change into a different virus completely you will have Evolution, but of course no immunologist will ever say that this can happen as it has never been observed.

Why is this thread still going? I answered the OP's question long ago. Just proves my point I guess, some people need so badly that GOD don't exist or they would have to CHANGE THEIR LIVES... No GOD NO RULES

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

www.theosociety.org...

A interesting read about how the translations have lost the true meaning of what was.

LV

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
independentjournal:

your ideas of the mechanism of evolution (viruses spontaneously turning into bananas, or into wholly different types of virus) are stupid. nothing more, and nothing less.

go read a book. one that was written within the last hundred years. seriously.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

Mods are we going to allow this kind of response? I didn't see anything in it but personal attacks and they surely didn't respond to what I said.

And talk about reading a book????

I can play this game too if this is what ATS allows as discussion, I am very good at the game of YOUR MOMMA.

And just for clarification, Charles Darwin's book wasn't written in the last hundred years so wonder what this poster is trying to say. Sounds like he says Darwin's Theory of Favoured Races and killing off those that some consider UNFAVOURED (like Jews, ask Hitler) is no longer in this realm of the 100 year quota...

[edit on 12/14/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm not talking about Darwin. I'm talking about the hundred-and-some years of empirical science that followed him and his contemporaries. You Christians bring up Darwin as though we rationalists worship him in the same way you adhere to your Bronze Age war-god.

Your arguments are all nonsense. I don't have a problem with calling you out on that and neither do the T&C.

If 'your momma' and the Bible are your only recourses in debate, there's no point in continuing this. But if you're interested in discussing real evolutionary theory, instead of talking about viruses turning into bananas and getting indignant when I call you a fool for it, I'll be here.

thanks for the 'foe', by the way. i'm shaking in my rhomboid boots.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Antibiotic resistance is NOT evolution but adaption within the kind.

erm... you just described evolution...

Did the virus mutate into a banana? No it adapted to fight off the antibiotic but it didn't change what it was. The Flu is still the Flu, when you can get a virus to change into a different virus completely you will have Evolution, but of course no immunologist will ever say that this can happen as it has never been observed.

OOOOh ok, evolution can't happen unless you witness speciation? Ok, I'll disregard your false logic for a moment and play by your standards...

look into Ensatina eschscholtzi and Phylloscopus trochiloides... Observed speciation at its best!

Why is this thread still going? I answered the OP's question long ago. Just proves my point I guess, some people need so badly that GOD don't exist or they would have to CHANGE THEIR LIVES... No GOD NO RULES

Believe it or not... you didn't answer anything... you believe you did, but you haven't answered... but instead, take every opprotunity to prove the OP's point... sigh...

[edit on 14-12-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

www.theosociety.org...

A interesting read about how the translations have lost the true meaning of what was.

LV

Thanks, I have not had the chance to read it yet but I put it at the top of my bookmarks. It definitely interests me, thanks for the link!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by The Parallelogram

Mods are we going to allow this kind of response? I didn't see anything in it but personal attacks and they surely didn't respond to what I said.

Really? You are going to appeal to the mods to protect you from having your ignorance pointed out? The same mods that can see where you decided my thread was finished and needed to be closed? The same mods that can see you asking why it is still open when that is not your call? Who are you to decide that my thread has run it's course?

You were not being personally "attacked." It was being bluntly pointed out to you that your understanding of evolution is lacking at best. I would argue against air if I thought it was made of tiny people with 3 eyes. Luckily, I understand it and can then believe in it. If you learned about evolution, you may not be such an angry, ill-informed person, sitting here espousing ignorance and demanding everyone take notice of it.

And just for clarification, Charles Darwin's book wasn't written in the last hundred years so wonder what this poster is trying to say. Sounds like he says Darwin's Theory of Favoured Races and killing off those that some consider UNFAVOURED (like Jews, ask Hitler) is no longer in this realm of the 100 year quota...

Yeah um, who is here promoting Darwinism? Care to show me which poster exactly is the one pushing Darwinism? You apparently stopped learning about evolution with Darwin but the rest of the world continued to explore and learn.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup

Seems more than on topic to me. It also helps to point out the specific school of thought the anti-evolutionists come from.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You seem to have trouble staying on topic, so please [to both of you] stay on topic for the sake of abovetopsecret's hosting space.

Evolution is not the counter to Jesus. Evolution is the counter to creationism; the belief we were created by an intelligent being the exact way we are today.

Modern science has proven against creationism with the use of historical artifacts, namely fossils.

Regardless of science, Evolution does not prove or dis-prove the existence of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ stands for a lot of great things that we all believe in.
- Standing up against the government
- Believing in yourself
- Not being afraid of death
- Love your family and friends

What it does bring question is the Bible statement, "God created us in his own image" (Genesis 1:27). Evolution is the counter to this verse, but I do not know whether Jesus Christ himself made this statement or one of his so-called apostles did.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The word for created is not a correct translation....

Bara means' to fill' to fatten' to make something out of something that already is...not to make something out of nothing.

Im not saying every word is truth...but if you are going to take it as truth...one should study each and every word.

Peace,
LV

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
And I agree....even if there are falsies found...it does not disprove God or Jesus in any way.

What it does prove to me is that Gods nature might not be what many think it is, wrathful and damning because we are not worthy due to Eve's screw up and bla bla bla...

LV

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I wonder why would there be any counter to Jesus? Is evolution truly the opposite of God's acts of creation? Seeing as how we have to take so much of what we think we know "on faith," why do some behave as if the tenets of their faith are supposed to be everyones' truth? Do I have to accept the tenets of others' faith as fact? True faith is what you believe in for yourself - not what others tell you to believe. Faith is irrational, otherwise it would not be "faith." Faith is sincere belief in what can't be proved. In faith, what does it matter what an individual believes for themselves? Who here can prove anothers' beliefs wrong or right? What difference would it make if God's existence could be proven to everyone's satisfaction? Would it make everyone believe "correctly?" Would everyone then behave as Christ's teachings directed? Would we then all have to believe the same? I don't think we know anything for sure. Everything ever proved scientifically is vulnerable to change upon discovery of new information. Why does it matter if the world was created by a big bang and evolution or God? How will proving one or the other theory change anything in a meaningful way today? What if both theories are wrong? I like how Einstein thought: every time he discovered something new, he thought it showed him something more about the way God operates. Science and God's existence are not schools of diametrical opposition. For me, some force is the cause of the inception of the Universe and all that has ever and still exists. Whether that force is something that deserves our worship is one question, and whether the fruits of its creation deserve our respect is for each of us to decide for ourselves.

There seems to be a lot of "Bill O'Reilley" wannabees. They can't pass up an opportunity to be crass and crude while they profess their faith with so much arrogance. Then there are those who feel they must be crusaders when it comes to religion. They themselves give God, Jesus and religion "a bad name." It seems to me that if they really had faith in God and Jesus' teachings - whether he truly existed does not matter - they would be following them without exception and at all times.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

In responce to the OP (I know it was 4 pages ago but obviously your question hasnt been answered yet).
If your looking for "proof" of God your not going to find it. God isnt someone that can be proved to someone but rather, you have to experience his love for yourself to truly believe. You have to be able to open up yourself to the idea that some being is out there that is so much greater then ourselves - thats why they call if faith, there is no evidence you can go and read from a book.
But if you are looking for God, look for him in a local church, there are some churches it will be hard to find him but there are others out there and through their actions God will hopfuly become a real person to you.

Why have smart sucessful people in my church given up their jobs in finance and IT (to some extent, as well as a few other professions) to come and work full time (or part time) in the church either freely or on a minium wage? There is no logic in doing this, giving up well paying jobs for working in a church probably seems kinda stupid to most of you... but the difference is that they have experienced God in such an incedable way that they will do anything (not just them but many others in their own way) to further the kingdom of God on this earth.

Anyhow, just my 2c on the matter. I hope Ive answered some questions.

[edit on 14/12/2008 by funky monk]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda411

You seem to have trouble staying on topic, so please [to both of you] stay on topic for the sake of abovetopsecret's hosting space.

Perhaps you should alert the person who started the thread and let them handle it.

Evolution is not the counter to Jesus. Evolution is the counter to creationism; the belief we were created by an intelligent being the exact way we are today.

This response is off topic and shows that you did not read the OP. Please stay on topic if you are going to post within this thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join