It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is evolution the counter to Jesus?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Darwinism has been dead for decades man...

We're on Evolution now... there's a difference....

plz research.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Info you're wasting your time, the OP asked one question to which I answered. Now they are just looking to bash Christians and Jews...

For those that missed it the answer is

Bible says Man's Sin brought death into the world. evolution says Death brought Man into the world.

Now surely you all are bright enough to see the contradictions there...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
I am sorry if I lead you to believe I wanted to debate evolution, I don't. I don't know why this thread progressed after my answer quite frankly. The OP did ask one question did he not?

You claimed what I said was ridiculous. All I did was try to clarify. Let me call your opinion ridiculous and see how you react.

Why is evolution and Jesus counter to each other?

Well I answered it, end of story adios amigos see ya later alligator... Now if the OP continues on we will know he was NOT seeking an answer to his question but rather a fight about Jesus... We shall see!

You claimed original sin to be the reason. And evolution actually works in birth, not death. And so your entire answer was false.

I am not going to argue or debate evolution with someone not skilled in 6 Scientific fields cause we know your answer already.

Have a great day though!

Yeah, silly me. I'm obviously beneath you.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

More Reductio ad absurdum... sigh...

I really had higher hopes for you independent...

You can't even argue a point of view without resorting to logical fallacies.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

No evolution works through DEATH, the weaker or less fit species MUST DIE OFF for evolution to work, funny you don't know your own theory and what was I thinking to think you guys could grasp the concept of contradiction...

I am truly sorry for overestimating you!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Consciousness exists, grows, expands, transforms, transcends. Is there any reason why consciousness can't permeate through all of existence?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

You need to understand evolution before you try and argue against it...

please read this lecture by Steven Hawking: www.hawking.org.uk...

after you have read that... and understand what he is saying... than perhaps you will be able to understand what you're really up against.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Stephen Hawking don't believe in evolution no more you should keep up... He has gone over to I.D. he thinks Aliens seeded the planet now...

I understand the theory better than you this I guarantee you...

Edit - I must go to bed now I shall find your answers in the morning. Til Then

[edit on 12/13/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

No evolution works through DEATH, the weaker or less fit species MUST DIE OFF for evolution to work, funny you don't know your own theory and what was I thinking to think you guys could grasp the concept of contradiction...

Mutations come from birth. Survival of the fittest happens on earth now even without evolution.

I'm truly sorry you couldn't read what I typed because the normal theory of evolution IS NOT MY THEORY. You don't want to debate or understand what the person is even saying, can't waste your time with that, but then you proceed to call them ignorant? You sir are the ignorant one by definition. Don't even take the time to listen before making an opinion.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Than he has a really strange way of saying it... By posting that lecture on his personal website...

Doesn't make sense to me...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
WOW -some pretty 'heady' stuff there... A couple of simple rules to consider- 'Live and let live...' or how 'bout - 'Do unto others ..etc...'

F&cking chill and be decent to all- and you will eventually find some comfort in the knowledge that we can ALL share in one state of conscientiousness !!

We don't have to make this look hard!! Peace >d

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Sorry f this answer bothers you, but nonetheless it is true...

Now for this thread question... The reason evolution and Jesus can't coexist as it would do away with the Bible, for you see the Bible says that MAN BROUGHT DEATH INTO THE WORLD WITH SIN...

Evolution teaches DEATH BROUGHT MAN INTO THE WORLD...

See the conflict? Or shall I draw a picture?

This is the saddest example of an English speaking person's attempt at comprehending English writing I have ever seen.

The question is not "Why can't Jesus hang out with Evolution?" That is not even remotely close to the point of the OP. The rest of your claptrap it pointless since it responds to that very premise which was never posed.

Thanks for offering to draw a picture but if you are going to condescend to me, I suggest you not do it in a post that demonstrates you inability to even read what I wrote to begin with. Basically, dont call me stupid in the middle of a post so stupid it makes my head hurt. Go back, re-read the OP and try again.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I think your argument is ridiculous when taking ALL of Scientific History into account. Every Great Scientist in history was a CREATIONIST. Shall we go through them, or just a few?

Einstein -Creationist
Galileo - Creationist
Newton - Big Bible Believer Creationist
Pasteur - Creationist

Is that enough? Would you like the more than 1/3 of today's scientists that are Creationists too?

Have any sources on that? I am afraid I am going to have to call BS here.

The most amazing thing about these threads is the people just make their own posts up as they go, they ignore History, Archeology, Science and Truth....

Second paragraph, meet first paragraph. Apparently one of you is a liar.

But hey it's your posts HAVE AT IT, but always remember what the wise man said "It is better to be quiet and let people think your an idiot than open your mouth and prove them correct".

These are not your post's that I am responding to but ours? Everyone here is posting but you? Your lies may comfort you but until you back them up, they are still lies.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
" Why is evolution the counter to Jesus?

It's not.

In order for evolution to be true, it would have to be an ongoing thing, which it is not. No one has ever looked out their window and seen evidence for evolution, ever.

No, it is not. I know that, you know that, most of us know that. Unfortunately, this thread is for those couple that contend the opposite to be true. This is for the people that came to my thread about god and decided to throw evolution at me to counter what I proposed about god. Well, I was not talking about evolution, just god. I was a little confused as to why evolution had to come up just because god came up. So, if they feel that is the balancing act, here is a thread to flesh that insipid little idea out in and for me to laugh at them for it.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

More Reductio ad absurdum... sigh...

I really had higher hopes for you independent...

You can't even argue a point of view without resorting to logical fallacies.

Last time I checked. You created whole threads based on logical fallacies.
LOL.
Keep up the crusade NJ.
, awesome stuff bro.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I am sorry if I lead you to believe I wanted to debate evolution, I don't. I don't know why this thread progressed after my answer quite frankly. The OP did ask one question did he not?

Why is evolution and Jesus counter to each other?

That is not what I asked and even if I did...

Well I answered it, end of story adios amigos see ya later alligator... Now if the OP continues on we will know he was NOT seeking an answer to his question but rather a fight about Jesus... We shall see!

So since I am not asking the mods to close this thread after what you thought was an answer, there is something nefarious in my intent?

DUDE, you got the question completely wrong anyway but why would your answer be the end of the thread? Who are you and what is so special about it that it should be the end of this thread?

Try to answer the actual question posed in the OP and see if you can end the thread with that, all mighty one who cannot read.

I am not going to argue or debate evolution with someone not skilled in 6 Scientific fields cause we know your answer already.

Have a great day though!

and here I was charitable enough to argue with someone who has no reading comprehension skills. I guess I am just more giving than you. Christians are so easy to be morally supperior than. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

reply to post by nj2day

I posted that not whomever you accused, but you haven't been right all night on this one so why break a perfect record...

I ANSWERED THE QUESTION, NO MORE HERE PEOPLE MOVE ALONG...

I am really starting to enjoy watching you brag in post after post about how amazingly you ended this thread with the post to end all posts when you did such a poor job of getting what the question was. You are fun.

I am also very curious as to why you believe that your answer would end this thread even if it were an answer to the actual OP?

[edit on 14-12-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Here is another interesting tidbit:

A SCIENTIFIC DISSENT FROM DARWINISM
“We are skeptical of claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the complexity of life.

www.discovery.org...

Darwinism is Christianity's straw man. Sorry, but science continued to progress and discover things but feel free to argue that we are the center of the universe and flat as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Info you're wasting your time, the OP asked one question to which I answered. Now they are just looking to bash Christians and Jews...

For those that missed it the answer is

Bible says Man's Sin brought death into the world. evolution says Death brought Man into the world.

Now surely you all are bright enough to see the contradictions there...

FOUR, we have four times that you have stated that you answered the question, thus ending the thread.

Four times I am telling you that you read the question all kinds of wrong, your answer did not apply, even a little, and you cannot end my thread because you replied to something.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You have an interesting interpretation of how evolution works. I am not even sure where to begin here. Where do you learn evolution? Christian books?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join