It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can God be defined scientifically?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It depends where the debate lies on the subject.

God cannot be scientifically denied. Proof of evolution does not disprove the existence of God.

36% of scientists believe both evolution and God.

Creationists argue God created man the exactly same way we are today. Evolutionary science has done a very good job at disproving Creationism with hundreds of bones from human ancestry.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Can you give me one scientific fact that proves Evolution?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Show me one non human bone hat proves we came from a common ancestor to bananas...

There is ZERO evidence in Science of evolution as there is zero evidence of GOD scientifically speaking...

However there is no impossibility of GOD in statistics but evolution is statistically impossible

[edit on 12/13/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Can god be defined scientifically? Well, that depends.

No matter what you believe "God" to be, he/she/it is an abstract human concept that lies [partially; see below] outside the realm of "Science". Some believe he takes the shape of a man (or rather designed us in his image, yadda yadda), lives "on a cloud", and has a son. While some believe he is merely an intangible idea, that either:

1. Humans believe in, or;
2. Holds the Universe together (physically and/or metaphysically), or;
3. Both.

When you think of it in the way that God might actually be a "force", that is when it begins to sound a lot like progressive science, specifically quantum physics.

[edit on 12/13/2008 by prototism]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

this will be impossible... As a Theory goes beyond a single factoid.

A Theory is a collection of "facts" or observations... not a single fact in itself.

can you give me a single fact to prove the existence of subatomic particles? Or is it impossible, because Atomic Theory is also a collection of facts and not based on 1 singular factoid?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Incorrect... there is an abundance of facts supporting evolution...

Evolution is not statistically impossible... Instead, you are looking at the statistics backwards...

It is much more improbable that an intelligent consciousness created something out of nothing... (What are the stats on the probability of a supreme consciousness spontaniously popping into existence?).

edit: In fact, here's a simplification of why we know evolution happens, taken from a university website: anthro.palomar.edu...

You can start there to find your scientific evidence.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

A theory is an UNPROVEN scientific fact...

Evolution is Statistically impossible, and that has been shown through the Science of Math and Statistics and Probabilities.

To date GOD, nor Aliens seeding the planet has been Statistically disproved as evolution has...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ill try my hand at this,
I am one of the believers in god and science. Is there physical proof, perhaps. But it really depends on your meaning of God and what your looking for.

Her is How I sum up proof or at least my evidence to the case.

The Laws Of Physics. The fact that the whole universe is governed by a set of laws which dictate how things interact. Evolution, the fact that most animals have the genes to turn into to other things just by flipping these switches on and off depending on what works. (Look in to reverse engineering a dinosaur from a chicken) its pretty rad what they have already accomplished (because Dinosaurs evolved from birds, they still have the genes of the past, just turned off for now) www.acfnewsource.org... could find a better link but its a start.

See to me how in all the utter chaos of the universe and world from the biggest Star to the smallest Atom, each thing is ruled by a set of rules. Some we know maybe other we do not. I have a theory of the after life just being inter-dimensional, and us as a powers source just operating at a different frequency.. To me this order this proven science lends credence to a boss, a maker, maybe a computer programmer. (no not the matrix) but you take these basic elements and with different heats and pressures and compounds AND most of all a set of If then statements, built in to some atomic code you have ALL life, all Matter in the universe we know.

If that doesnt show proof of smarts and some sort of plan, I don't know what does. But thats my version of proof for what ever it is worth.

Coming from a computer program background, it sure seems like a Huge bio computer with a lot of If this does this then do that statements.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by blowfishdl

Show me one non human bone hat proves we came from a common ancestor to bananas...

There is ZERO evidence in Science of evolution as there is zero evidence of GOD scientifically speaking...

However there is no impossibility of GOD in statistics but evolution is statistically impossible

A common ancestor to bananas? Even if we had the fossil of the first living organism you would deny it had anything to do with our common ancestors. You are punching a brick wall here and being ignorant to a different point of view.

Well since you've already taken it; let's give you the floor.

How exactly is evolution statistically impossible? From my personal research evolution has extremely credible scientific evidence.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by nj2day

Evolution is Statistically impossible, and that has been shown through the Science of Math and Statistics and Probabilities.

To date GOD, nor Aliens seeding the planet has been Statistically disproved as evolution has...

LMAO Wow, what books are you reading, please link use to these proven Math and statistics. Evolution IS proven, at least Micro evolution is, Peoples argument seems to be on the Macro version. the ones where missing links seems to be, There are 9900 known species of birds there used to be NO birds, how did that happen , Magic? even if you don't believe we came from a common ancestor of an ape, you can clearly see how birds evolve into different species of bird cant you?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Can you give me one scientific fact that proves Evolution?

Do not let me stop you from starting that thread. Please stick to the topic.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by prototism

While I think you floated from scientifically to spiritually, you did it gracefully, so points for a good answer anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

again and again it boils down to "proof" people are alowed to believe what ever they want to. This thread isn't even worth responding any more. It's become clear the OP has an adjenda. I believe it is to try to make the self perclamed moron feel special. No abah englas.

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
reply to post by Incarnated

Ok, let's say I have issues. How about we agree I am a moron.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by nj2day

Such as the theory of gravity? relativity? silly unproven things like that?

Who's math? Show your work.

I do not believe that ATS is a dating service nor that God would be seeing anyone.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

No... your definition is wrong... There is no such thing as an unproven scientific theory...

Theories are theories because they haven't been DISPROVEN. Once a theory is proven, it becomes LAW.

here's a definition for ya :

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. A theory is valid as long as there is no evidence to dispute it. Therefore, theories can be disproven.

This is why religion will never be considered "on par" with scientific theory... You must submit a falsifiable hypothesis, which is then subjected to repeated testing...

If you can do that... and it will yeild positive results... than you may be on to something.

YOu also forget that Gravity is a theory... so is Atomic theory...

Do you denounce gravity? Or deny the existence of Atoms?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

again and again it boils down to "proof" people are alowed to believe what ever they want to. This thread isn't even worth responding any more. It's become clear the OP has an adjenda. I believe it is to try to make the self perclamed moron feel special. No abah englas.

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
reply to post by Incarnated

Ok, let's say I have issues. How about we agree I am a moron.

I understand he is asking for physical proof, but in my thinking this science points to a lot of lets say questions of why? Where and who? do I think god is floating on a cloud no, I think it is SOOO different then anyone can imagine and I think science and its laws and math that prove these laws seems a little to organized to be random. To me that's proof of something bigger behind the scenes. at least IMHO

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I liked your answer too. The first teacher that ever told me they turned from atheist to believer was my high school physics teacher. We became pretty good friends and would go on and on about how the more he learned about physics, the more the idea of god seemed possible, then probable, then something to really beleive in. Physics and god are the only times I have heard science and god intertwined and still been interested.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Your wrong that simple, I won't look at your site I have seen the world's smartest man Stephen Hawkins declare evolution to be a fairytale as well as many other scientists.

There is NO OBSERVABLE RE CREATABLE proof of evolution, and if anyone had some then they would be millionaires as there is millions offered fr Scientific Proof of evolution, to date unclaimed...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Try Archeology and GOD, Try history and GOD you may find they too point to GOD...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

A truly hungry man asks for a piece of food so that he might be full. A falsely hungry man asks for a piece of food only to have something to try to throw in your face.

The "physical evidence" is all around us. It only takes eye truly willing to open to see clearly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join