It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can God be defined scientifically?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There are so many threads on here that are arguing for and against the idea of God or god. It seems about 99% God but there are some others. Either way, it is argued in evolution, moral issues, politics, astronomy, even some of the religious threads.
Anyway, as long as it is a standing argument then we can examine it, put it to some knd of test can't we? I mean, there must be some set of evidence we can look at or test we can do. If god is a known fact, as has been claimed time and time again, then it is provable. The only way to truly know anything is to have it proven to you. Well, Let's go!
I have no idea where I would begin because I do not believe there are any gods at all but I am really hoping some of the nice friendly Christians and other pro-diety types can help.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Human understanding, the human mind set, the "human consciouness", thinking/understanding patterns can be measured in energitic wave forms. These scientifically measurable wave types are classicly named "Alpha", "Beta" and such waved frequencies. They range varried in between each test subject, man, but are there in all cases unless brain dead.

These energy signatures are our conscious thoughts in examinable and measureable, scientific, form.

We are each a lower leveled representation of the greater thing. "Create man in our image". That which you are using now to register the meanings of my text, the sound of the voice reading this text in your head, everything you know and understand is not a physical place in your matter brain. It is an electrical impulse within your physical system.

This is a perfect case that energy, in groupings, has consciouness and personalty. If all matter has energy, and all matter was measured together that might be the full consciou mind of The first source and center.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

What does any of that have to do with my OP? I can just hit alert for being off topic but I am willing to let you try and explain how you just offered any scientific proof of a god or even touched the subject.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
As science can't even decide on a definition of consciousness, or what consciousness is or what it means "to be", I'd say it has no chance to do so.

Science operates in only the action and reaction levels. Anything which does not follow action and reaction is rejected/ignored by science. The entire basis of Science breaks down beyond action/reaction.

It works very well in describing and working with the action/reaction of the universe, and I think people would be wise to realize it's limits.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

You have some real issues don't you? Try reading it again. It is a direct answer right in line with your original post of this thread.

Go ahead and flag it as "off topic", I'm sure the mods will get a kick out of that, and then quickly move this thread to skunkworks or Below top secret.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Ok, let's say I have issues. How about we agree I am a moron. Make it a little more simple for me ok. I read a bunch of stuff. Nothing about proving or disproving god or how any scientific method could be used to prove him. You babbled about energy and light. Who says that would prove any god? Go ahead and treat me like a stupid little boy and try to make it nice and simple for me.

Believe it or not, I started this thread to see if any decent answers arose. They need to actually apply and make sense.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

So what do you think has so many people still willing to believe in gods in the year 2008 when it is so obviously unscientific? Know what I'm sayin?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
reply to post by badmedia

So what do you think has so many people still willing to believe in gods in the year 2008 when it is so obviously unscientific? Know what I'm sayin?

Believing in god is not obviously scientific. Over 36% of American Scientists believe in both Evolution and God.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

There is more Scientific proof for GOD than Evolution, that is a fact.

Neither can be proven Scientifically, it is a belief, how would science measure faith or belief...

I look out my door everyday and I see GOD everywhere, that's proof enough for me. I feel sorry for those that don't see Miracles and GOD'S hand in things...

Hope that answered your question - The answer is NO GOD can not be proven scientifically.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I believe that God is basically existance, since there is obviously something rather than nothing, the something that exists is God, the creator and the creation. Since you can't create something out of nothing, God must of created everything from itself, hence everything is a part of God. And you don't need science to tell you that everything that exists exists. That is the one true highest creator.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

As you can not make sense of my statement that makes sense to others, as it has already drawn a responce, I will as you requested dummy it down for you.

Consciousness, thought, understanding, that ability to perceive interactions that dwells within you is energies. Namely what makes you yourself, the personality you have to live with, is accepted and defined in some forms of psychology and other scientific groups, as a collection of brain waves that can be measured and assigned names.

Your consciouness, the YOU that you know of, the "I THINK therefore I AM" is a collection of electrical impulses that rides the circuit board of the "brain". I'll leave it at that although the energy also is contained within other parts of the body and externalized from the physical form.

This is a testable scietific theory that reacts to cause and effect. If you're being measure and I show you a puppy I can generate electircal impulse tones within your mind through your perceptions into consciouness.

Thusly the physical form is not where consciouness resides. It is the collection of electirical impulses that makes you that smart person you seem to be. It is that collection of energies that makes up your personality.

Thus if you are a created form from the first source and center of all creation then the consciouness of the personality of God would be defined at all collections of a major higherarchy of meausreable electircal "energy" frequencies.

Now that's me dumming it down. The more I dummy it down the more words I'll have to use. If I were to try to dummy it down into one simple statement it would be:

It is written "Let us make man in Our Image", the Image is the conscious mindset. God is known as the great "I AM" shared with the philosopical idealisim as "I think therefore I AM".

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
I look out my door everyday and I see GOD everywhere, that's proof enough for me. I feel sorry for those that don't see Miracles and GOD'S hand in things...

Hope that answered your question - The answer is NO GOD can not be proven scientifically.

Although I'd like to think the best, I believe it is clear that this thread isn't a quest for truth but rather a adjenda riddle waste of time.

however you speak true enough when you state that is "enough" proof for you. God is real, and all one has to be is willing to see this.

Litterally "Proof" of anything can never be offered as if people want to believe the atmophier of our planet is made up of Orange Juice and candy, that's what they can believe and you can offer no "Proof" to their perceptions.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Neither can be proven Scientifically

Wow, these two statements in the same post by the same person...

Contradict much?

[edit on 13-12-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The proof is ALL AROUND YOU!

YOU are proof.

Consider what some scientists have to say

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

Contradict much?

They are not contradictory. As "Proof" the root term in understanding can not be forced upon anyone.

There is more Proof that ice cream melts on a warm day then there is that rain falls upward.

However if you want to believe that Icecream freeze harder on the hottest days of July and that the rain in spain falls upon the clouds, that's what you can believe an I can not offer you proof.

Proof is one of those words you have to watch out for, because if I simply refuse to see anything, you're "proof" doesn't prove a thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I think there is an agenda here too, but I answered the question the best I could and I am sure it is correct in his sense. If he wants GOD in a test tube dropped to prove he is susceptible to gravity I can't do that nor can I use any other known Scientific Law to prove GOD.

Scientific means Observable, Re creatable tests for the most part. We can Observe and Test Gravity therefore there is a Scientific Law of Gravity...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

I'm going to disagree, I believe God is proveable through science, many sciences in fact.

However, the point of facts is that you have to be willing to look unbiased upon the evidence and draw a logical perception of the evidence. That's where proof stands up.

As I've said, "Proof" is useless as if one is unwilling to see it they can be outside the WILL of God. They do have free will to see things the way they wish to delute it.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Can you give me ONE example?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sigh. You had me until the end there.

Originally posted by Incarnated

Thus if you are a created form from the first source and center of all creation then the consciouness of the personality of God would be defined at all collections of a major higherarchy of meausreable electircal "energy" frequencies.

How do you jump God into this equation? You just introduced a new variable without explaining where it came from. 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8 not 9 or 10 or 11 just because most of it is true. Please explain how God gets into your theory here.

It is written "Let us make man in Our Image", the Image is the conscious mindset. God is known as the great "I AM" shared with the philosopical idealisim as "I think therefore I AM".

I don't believe everything I read, do you?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by nj2day

Contradict much?

They are not contradictory. As "Proof" the root term in understanding can not be forced upon anyone.

Before I decide if I should be less polite (yeah, it is possible) or offer a handicap, I have to ask if English is your first language.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join