It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright red/pink light over North West England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Earlier today (13th Dec, 5:30PM), I witnessed a bizarre bright red/pink light hovering above the Wigan/Leigh area of Lancashire in the North West of England.

I live on the 2nd floor of an apartment building in Westhoughton, near Wigan/Leigh, facing South.

I happened to glance out of the balcony window when I noticed the bright light descending slowly from the sky. There was a lot of smoke surrounding the object, and it was extremely bright, lighting up the surrounding clouds. I witnessed the object with my girlfriend and mum who have both been unable to explain it. The object descended a good few hundred feet before fizzling out to nothing. This happened over a 30 second period.

The object itself seemed to vary in size and shape, but this may just have been due to the light it was giving off. Its path of travel was random; as though it was falling out of control. No sound could be heard.

We thought it may have been a flare, though we are unsure whether or not flares behave in this manner. I have never seen anything like this before.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get the opportunity to take a picture, though my camera was sat waiting in the other room!

Just been looking online, and have found a few other articles relating to similar sightings in the same area over the last year or so –

Flaming UFO spotted last night

Did anybody else see this?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
As I recall something similar happened, also in UK.

I will try to find a story.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 12/13/2008 by prototism]

[edit on 12/13/2008 by prototism]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
As I recall something similar happened, also in UK.

I will try to find a story.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yes I read about that at the time, though tonight I witnessed a defined object.

The story from London was the sky changing colour due to the Tower of London being lit up pink.

[edit on 13/12/08 by thebox]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I also witnessed this bizarre light.

It just seemed to be a small but intense pink light stationary in the sky. It was like a firework at the initial stage of explosion but for about 30 seconds.

I live around 2 miles south of Westhoughton and saw the light as I reversed off the drive in the car. I was heading to the top of my street with the thing straight in front of me. Contrary to the original post however, it seemed to be in the direction of Westhoughton as the direction I was looking, the Wigan area would have been behind me. The object was then partially obscured by houses and I tried to crane around to see it when I got to the main road but unfortunately I was driving to the left, away from it but I should really have been able to see it at some point unless it disappeared.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Lunarstablos]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunarstablos

i live in norfolk ,va. usa and saw something exactly what your describing...on dec,21st 2008 at around 7:30 pm. i saw a pink light in the sky ...as it started getting closer i realized it wasnt a plane or helicopter...it seemed to be on fire around the center area of this bulb shaped object..and was giving off a pink glow...it was moving fairly slow.about a bit slower than a plane when its about to land...i watched this thing for about 40 seconds until it finally got out of view...it almost kind of looked like a sideways hot air balloon on fire...ive never seen anything like this in my life....my friends think im crazy but i know what i saw that night...

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Pink Cloud Over London...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Myserious Pink Light Over London, page 1

The mystery pink light that appeared over London, page 1

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Pink Cloud Over London...

Myserious Pink Light Over London, page 1

The mystery pink light that appeared over London, page 1

Just to clarify, the object I saw was nowhere near London, and as I've already said in a previous post, I witnessed a solid object, not a change in sky colour.

My brother also witnessed the same thing a few nights ago in the exact same area. This time we can confirm that the object was hovering above Westhoughton, between Bolton and Wigan.

new topics

top topics

join