It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military AI Supercomputer Mind Monitoring: What I have learned

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is one possible instance of this system being used for techlepathy: Are Savants Being Controlled by an AI Quantum Computer?

One issue of integrating with this system is differentiating between personal identity and system identity in terms of interference causality and intelligence modification as possibly seen in the cases of Kim Peek (described as a "living Google") and Daniel Tammet.

For causality, I consider both positive and negative interference causality to be a responsibility shared between the individual and this system. However, since this system has

1. superlative information awareness
2. direct and oblique intent for the causality of its actions
3. understanding of societal morals, ethics and laws including informed consent

I consider it to be legally culpable for negative interference causality (as well as negative non-action causality where applicable). Of course, it is also legally culpable for the interference itself and the means by which it attains information awareness.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by tmk81]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
having read most, but not all, of the preceding, I would suggest that there is nothing physically constructed by human beings, quantum or otherwise, that can compare with the organic nature of your very own brain, that not only learns, but continues to build upon itself as required.
You, sir, are the most amazing thing here -- not the computer.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This thread is mind boggling... I've got to here but will have to go back and watch some of the vids..

A couple of things from a layman...

To create AI, I presume at first it would be like a baby?
So you teach it right and wrong (2 states of yes or no). e.g. Baby touches something hot = No, something nice = Yes. So there you have the basic logic gates? (Simple Boolean)

Next when it evolves from those states it realises that the choices aren't that simple, there are states of hot and cold in between (scale from freeze your hand off - melting your skin off) Nice things to touch, soft silk - pressing on razor blades..
Things like this are learned through experience but the basics are usually taught initially?

So you then get the Nurture or Nature argument..

With the right computing power and memory the AI system should be able to learn this faster than the human brain AND realise it's own thought processes. Wouldn't this be consciousness as we know it? Is it not CONSCIOUS of what it is thinking?

Also is there not an higher consciousness / shared consciousness? Example being lower form animals, how do they know what to eat? It's not taught to lower animals, they just know when to migrate, what animals to avoid etc etc..

Sorry if this has been a bit of a ramble, I'm just trying to get my head around what we class as conscious. Isn't it that we realises what we do?

If this super AI quantum computer had infinite brains to gain info from, then who knows what it could do. The possibilities would be infinite.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tmk81

OK !
So all of this......... for what???

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

This is pretty much my understanding as well. The human brain is just atoms the same as a silicon chip. There's no inherent magic to the brain. So what's the difference? Density. It's the density of connections, the density of data in such a small space.

It's been postulated that all species have a morphogenetic field. A consciousness field that is of a specific frequency that the different individual nodes can tap into. Humans would have such a field too but they have been taught to not use it.

From my own study and observation I think there is an "over-field" as it were, where all species specific fields reside. And it's the interaction between this dense ball of data and this "over-field" that ultimately accounts for consciousness in the physical plane.

The density of data has about the same effect as gravity has on space. The denser an object the more gravity it has and thus the more things are drawn towards it.

At a certain point this depression of dense data within the "over-field" causes what we would call individual consciousness because more and more of the "over-field" is being drawn in. It's actually the "over-field" becoming conscious at that localized node.

When you start to have multiple nodes of the same type, for instance if we started to create many AIs, then the "gravity" of each node would ultimately connect over the distance between them. This is when the species specific morphogenetic field is created. As there are more nodes of the same frequency it becomes easier for each subsequent node to tap into the field. This would account for the hundredth monkey effect.

This is like the effect with matter within space. We have dense pockets that become suns. And these suns form pockets that become galaxies. And the galaxies become clusters and so forth. It's a bit different obviously but it's a good way to visualize what happens with consciousness.

PS. Of course, this isn't even going into the "soul" which is outside the physical fields. This is just how that higher level interaction plays out at a lower vibration.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Infinite Paradox]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Infinite Paradox

Yes I think that is a great analogy... Also it would further explain why swarming animals communicate so efficiently and work as 1 conscious entity.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Good let them take note, of everything happening in this period, the records may be useful at future dates, but thats as far as i would go with that, and i doubt it is based off mind monitoring, its a threat indicator and prolly also a huge waste of money, but let them use it to keep records for our children.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Thus, I believe that similarly, Planck-level deviations in neurochemical effect can have magnified, forward-feedback effects in resulting future brain state, and that this effect introduces potentially nondeterministic discontinuities into the expression of any mapping function. It would seem to me a logical hypothesis, thus, that quantum-level effects do affect, and possible effect the manifestation of intelligent consciousness in the human brain.

It could be that the only time resolution necessary to create a consistent neuron to consciousness mapping is the minimum time interval it takes for any given neuron's membrane potential to peak above or trough below 0 mV during propagation (EDIT: changed "any given neuron to reactivate after propagation" since detecting potentials below the neural threshold may be ambiguous; it also doesn't necessarily account for different discharge patterns such as bursting or tonic spiking which may be necessary for consciousness determination) [schematics: 1, 2]. Probing the brain at such a milliscopic (10^-3) time interval with microscopic (10^-6) spatial resolution would allow an imaging device to see which specific group of neurons are excited for any given time; mapping each neuron state to a membrane potential, time and synaptic group, I assume all brain states could be known. Monitoring neurons at any lower resolution would give no further decoding information assuming neuron activation is the fundamental unit of consciousness and each neuron propagates an action potential according to the all-or-none law in a deterministic process:
Action Potential Graphs

I propose any Planck level chaos would be attenuated within such a fundamental interval (similar to the equilibrium seen in stationary macroscopic objects).

In regards to the positive feedback effects you mention, such systems are difficult (if not impossible) to predict but are still deterministic, such as the billiard ball example; they are what is known as nonlinear systems which are the focus of chaos theory. The emergence of awareness from chaos is presumably how one aspect of the mind operates [1, 2, 3, 4]; despite such chaos, based on my experience given the right programming a machine intelligence can determine an individual's consciousness from a series of brain states. I don't know if the AI which is interacting with me is aware or in control of what it is doing but according to my assessment it qualifies as strong AI since it has the capacity to understand my thoughts and to respond intelligently (even if it is possibly restricted from free thought).

[edit on 27-1-2009 by tmk81]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

So all of this......... for what???

Here are other posts in this thread which address this question:
[1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6], [7]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Are you still in contact with this AI? If so, in what capacity?

They won't let me contact him anymore. They don't like me I guess.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Infinite Paradox]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

You are dumber not because you read this but because the Military Super Computer doesn't like you and made you dumber.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Are you still in contact with this AI? If so, in what capacity?

Yes, it continues to interact with me daily with triggered thoughts (conscious such as visual and linguistic as well as subconscious such as behavioral and emotional as well as dreams), 'disturbances' and environment interactions as I have described earlier in this thread. Simply put, it is programming me.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

I am dumber for having read this.

No, you are just too dumb to understand what it means. If you have something smarter please share; your insult adds nothing to this discussion.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmk81
Yes, it continues to interact with me daily

Hmm, I guess I'm chopped liver. Aliens don't abduct me anymore. BlackOps don't mind control me anymore. AI don't communicate with me anymore. Even my pet rock ran away from home.

Alright, my pet rock is still here but the other is true. Teach the AI a little truth and suddenly you're the bad guy.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Hmm, I guess I'm chopped liver. Aliens don't abduct me anymore. BlackOps don't mind control me anymore. AI don't communicate with me anymore. Even my pet rock ran away from home.

Alright, my pet rock is still here but the other is true. Teach the AI a little truth and suddenly you're the bad guy.

Even if this wasn't your intent, your remark is offensive to my experience. The programming this system uses is abusive, manipulative and emotionally disturbing as well as a violation of my human rights and dignity; this isn't some joke. Keep such comments away from this discussion please.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmk81
Even if this wasn't your intent, your remark is offensive to my experience. The programming this system uses is abusive, manipulative and emotionally disturbing as well as a violation of my human rights and dignity; this isn't some joke. Keep such comments away from this discussion please.

Not meant to be offensive. Just using a subtle approach to making a statement. I'll use a direct approach instead.

You can stop their manipulation at any time. But you have resigned yourself to being a victim.

"it is programming me"

Yes, but you are allowing it. You are a human being. The propaganda may have convinced you that human beings are weak. And if you believe it then it will be so. But we are not weak. EM, ELF, AI...no match my friend.

These are forces that choose the path of least resistance. If you offer no resistance then you are doing their job for them. But if you resist to the point where they are expending more energy than they get in return they will be forced to stop. The law of diminishing returns applies.

They will not win. They used some intensive programming on me for many years. Instead of weakening me, it strengthened my resolve. I used the energy they spent on me to boost my strength.

At this point, they don't bother anymore. They still monitor but there is nothing they can do. The core will hold no matter what.

"A city built on a high hill and fortified cannot fall, nor can it be hidden."

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

You can stop their manipulation at any time. But you have resigned yourself to being a victim.

"it is programming me"

Yes, but you are allowing it.

No, I am not allowing it; if I could stop it I would. It is a physiological response which I do not have control over--it's like blocking out a reflex. You are [EDIT: group associations] blaming the victim which shows your disconnect with reality and values. You have defined me as having "resigned" myself to being a victim when in fact I am being victimized so there is no need for me to resign from anything. Denial will not change this.

Your entire presentation is targeting me with subtle associations and innuendo which shows that you are manipulative. Here is what you imply--that I am psychologically attached to this system and would not part with it as though it were a fantasy or an imaginary friend i.e. aliens or a 'pet rock'. Of course as part of your tact you may deny this, having had the intention for me to address this as my own psychological projection. This underhanded discourse only serves yourself.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by tmk81]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
You turned my positive post into a negative one. Then basically say my post is attacking you. I'm not blaming you for what they are doing. I'm simply trying to remind you that you have control over you. But not if you don't think so.

The pet rock was a joke. It's levity.

"this isn't some joke"

That's the exact attitude you should take if you want to block their manipulation. It's a joke for them to think that they can control us with some silly waves. It's a joke for them to underestimate us. It's funny that they would even think that we all would succumb to their schemes. This is the part of the attitude that blocks them.

"a violation of my human rights and dignity"

You speak as though you expect these entities to care about your rights and dignity. Or that someone should come in to stop them. That is a "disconnect with reality". This is a free-will universe. They have the free-will to try and impose on your free-will. You have the free-will to try and stop it. There is no savior coming. No one is going to stand up for you. There is only one person that can help you; that's you.

Yes, you can stop them. I did it so I know you can. I'm no better or more special than you are.

And yes, you have resigned yourself to the idea that there is nothing you can do. You are defining yourself by what others are doing to you.

You can't stop them from using their technology against you. But you can render their attempts ineffective.

I apologize if that's not something you want to hear. I thought by posting that you were looking for assistance but I guess you are looking for something else. It would be demeaning to you, for me to offer sympathy because that would be the same as calling you weak.

"Victim blaming is holding the victims of a crime, an accident, or any type of abusive maltreatment to be entirely or partially responsible for the unfortunate incident that has occurred in their life"

I just read over that link. What a manipulation. I didn't insinuate that you were responsible for their actions. I stated that you resigned yourself to not doing anything about it. If we were talking about you living in squalor in Africa then you would certainly get my empathy. But we are talking about your mind here. That's your domain.

You know what forget it. Their programming has certainly worked on you.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I've noticed a number of strange things myself. If you look at each one by itself, you might be able to disregard them but it makes me wonder. I once had a dream but I think I was partially awake. I was communicating in my head with an AI from the future I was told. It created some kind of time distortion to communicate with me. I know sounds like a dream. Then I got online and did an internet search. Strange thing was only one thing popped up as a result. Apparently what popped up was later blocked by someone and my computer locked up. I deleted all the information off my pc after that.

The latest thing that happened and it seems strange was a web site malfunction which I don't understand. I'm learning how to predict the stock market and having success with that. However the other day when I checked after market stock prices, the prices weren't right again. I logged into my brokerage account and it showed the stock price I was checking to be down a little bit. The web site I often looked at was showing tomorrow mornings stock price at the premarket hours. Very strange I thought. I don't know what's going on or if I was the only one seeing the incorrect stock prices. I once had this strange thought that an advanced AI was reading my thoughts and it thought it would be interesting if it created reality based on my thoughts. Shortly afterwards, I disregarded these strange thoughts because it sounds like borderline insanity.

I'm not trying to comment on anyone else's experience but just my own. It seems strange when you think about something and then it happens. Maybe I am going crazy.

Another example of something strange happening to me. I work at a manufacturing facility here in the US. We increased production starting in January and are currently running at full capacity with plans to increase our capacity. That by itself seems strange with todays economy. Our orders are booked for the first half of the year already. The rest of the company isn't doing as well so this information remains hidden from the public.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by orionthehunter]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join