It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSers in the NorthEast...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has ever been done before or even thought of but, as has been in the news:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The northeast has been hammered by a bad ice storm.

I, being a native of New England, would like to put this post out to give us a place to send our well wishes and prayers to our ATS family in the areas effected where they can view (after they get power back) that we were thinking about them and wishing them well.

We are a websystem of conspiracy theorists and UFO fanatics and religious buffs, but we are all humans first and foremost.

I would like to let all those ATSers in the NorthEast kow that as you go through this, you are in my thoughts and prayers. May your power return quickly!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I also wish everyone in the affected areas well, I heard theres big power cuts around,

Hopefully you and yours are all safe and well,

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Still over 423,000 plus people without power in the Northeast, streching over 5 states!

I have gone through similar storms in the NorthEast and I have to say, it's hard to imagine living without power until you do it. Going three days without a shower, cooking on a stove. It's a challenge in your life!

My heart and thoughts are still with you all!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
Still over 423,000 plus people without power in the Northeast, streching over 5 states!

I have gone through similar storms in the NorthEast and I have to say, it's hard to imagine living without power until you do it. Going three days without a shower, cooking on a stove. It's a challenge in your life!

Meh, if that's all they have to worry about, it's hardly a challenge.

So they miss Oprah for a few days, have to wear a sweater to bed at night and actually think about their power consumption, big deal.

Without power... read a book, live by candle light, converse and get to know other Humans. That actually sounds like fun to me.

The young and old need help to fight the cold during this time, but everyone else is just inconvenienced and need to get some perspective.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Much love and prayers coming from the UK.

I cant imagine how bad it is without heating or power in those conditions especially for the elderly and sick.

I hope the Engineers are safe too trying to resume service.

Stay safe everyone, check on your neighbours especially sick and old if you can, and maybe there is a golden lining to this cloud as such.

Some time without Hypnotic TV, a closer community feel and maybe some time not in the rat race rebonding with families.

Well you might have to cuddle up to stay warm.

Thinking of all in this situation.

Elf.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Jkd Up

Meh, if that's all they have to worry about, it's hardly a challenge.

So they miss Oprah for a few days, have to wear a sweater to bed at night and actually think about their power consumption, big deal.

Without power... read a book, live by candle light, converse and get to know other Humans. That actually sounds like fun to me.

The young and old need help to fight the cold during this time, but everyone else is just inconvenienced and need to get some perspective.

Yeah, sure... It's only below freezing. No running water... No heat... No power... No big deal there huh? (cynical)

Obviously you haven't lived through a bad NorEastern.

Besides... That could be easily stated by someone who actualy HAS power...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Still not going well up there. This is from MSNBC.com

"New Hampshire utilities reported roughly 117,000 homes and businesses still without power Tuesday, down from a peak of 430,000. Central Maine Power said about 25,000 customers were still in the dark and a spokesman said it expected to have power restored Wednesday. About 77,000 customers are still waiting for service in Massachusetts, state officials said."

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well, there is no love being shown to the ATSers in the NorthEast as yet another storm hit.

"Children got an early start on the holiday break as schools were closed from Nebraska to Michigan to New Jersey, New York and New England.

The storm had the potential to complicate efforts to restore power to New England homes and businesses still without power one week after an ice storm that toppled trees and utility lines.

Officials said about 10,000 customers in Massachusetts were still waiting for power to be restored, down from a peak of 350,000 in the immediate aftermath of the storm. A dozen emergency shelters remained in operation. In New Hampshire, about 33,000 homes and businesses were still in the dark. "
That was pulled off of MSNBC on Dec 19th @ 1:30 EST.

Mother Nature is not being fond to our brother and sister ATSers around the world. It''s being a quite crazy winter!

But you are not far from our minds here... In the Web. Where the weather never changes...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I live in Toronto and that storm is hitting us now. The first real storm of the season. Before lunch break the kids who went home for lunch were told "Don't come back". So now I have my two lovely angels (devils) home with me.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Would be great is some of you in the US ect could post some news of whats going on, I know there is really no coverage here in the UK of it,

I would like to be able to keep up to date with whats happening,

And again Becarefull and we are thinking of ya x

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here we'll be getting around 12 inches of snow. Started a couple hours ago. The weather report says there can be sleet/ice whatever tonight.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox115
I live in Toronto and that storm is hitting us now. The first real storm of the season. Before lunch break the kids who went home for lunch were told "Don't come back". So now I have my two lovely angels (devils) home with me.

I hope you have proper supplies, looks like it's gonna be a tough one. My best to you and yours!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Would be great is some of you in the US ect could post some news of whats going on, I know there is really no coverage here in the UK of it,

I would like to be able to keep up to date with whats happening,

And again Becarefull and we are thinking of ya x

That is one of the reasons I started this thread. This winter system is going to effect alot of our ATS friends. I just wanted them to know that we are thinking of them and also, let the world know that this was happening.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Here we'll be getting around 12 inches of snow. Started a couple hours ago. The weather report says there can be sleet/ice whatever tonight.

Well, if you know the drill then you already have the bath tubs filled with wate and canned food stuffs packed p. If not... At least fill the bath tubs. I hope the storm is light to you! Please be safe and careful! My best to you and yours!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I live in northcentral PA, along the NY/PA border. The ice storm from last week luckily went easy on us here, before hitting upstate NY the next day.

Today, the "big" storm was supposed to drop 14+ inches down here, but only left behind 6. Another lucky break I guess. I hear that it dumped much more upstate. Temps are dropping tonight too. I feel sorry for the folks in upstate NY still without power. I'm originally a NYer. I know what winters can do up there. Good luck to those who need it.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Sending good thoughts to everyone in the icy weather... be safe and warm. I would be interested in seeing photos if anyone there can post them.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This storm is in upstate NY right now. I can't imagine them getting more than this, with the current situation up there.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm in the area, and it's been pretty bad all around me.

Some folks I work with won't have their power back on until after Christmas.

But while the last storm and, so far, this one too, have slammed everyone in a circle around us, we have yet to get hit bad. The ice storm that crippled NH and NY was just a warm drizzle for us, and this 14 inch + snowfall has so far only dropped 8, and we're right in between the two.

I left work early today just to be on the safe side, because some weathermen were talking about freezing rain and sleet, and I didn't want the drive home to resemble ice skating.

But yeah - we haven't lost power and we can still get to the stores, the hospital, etc. (of course the stores are closed). For a couple miles in every direction it's pretty good, we've got the benefit of natural shelter and the mountain ranges create a snow/rain shadow here.

It's funny because fewer than 10 miles up the road, it looks like some bad sci-fi movie where the world turns to ice.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I finished shoveling the driveway 20 minutes ago. There was about a foot, maybe a little more. It's still snowing now, just not as heavy.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Just north of Albany NY and we lost power for two days and today we are getting another storm with more expected on Sunday......
Kinda like the mid 70's all over again...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join