It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

burglar held by ghost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A burglar who broke into a house claims he was held captive by a "supernatural figure" for three days without food and water, officials said. Police official Abdul Marlik Hakim Johar told The Star newspaper the house's owners found the 36-year-old man fatigued and dehydrated when they returned from vacation Thursday. He says they called an ambulance to take him to a hospital. The man told police that every time he tried to escape, a "supernatural figure" shoved him to the ground. Abdul Marlik could not immediately be reached and other police officials declined to comment.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That's awesome. He probably has a mental illness. Still what an awesome story.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is an odd one indeed i definitely want it to be true i really do but the fact is it probably isnt its more probably the work of a delusional mind or maybe someone trying to get some publicity (if its the last one it worked tbh) although you never know really anything is possible i definitly believe in ghosts and the supernatural and its definitely possibly that this couldve happened hell the guy couldve been scared to death at the possibility of a ghost right in front of him and been so terrified to move so he probably couldve left the house but didnt out of pure fear.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Interesting story indeed. I wish they had more information!

I would say that if it was a ghost, then the homeowners have someone protecting them.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
We lived in a block of flats, which had a ghost. It would reside with us and one of our neighbours. Anyway, we were having trouble with one neighbour, who was harassing us.

We knew we had something in the flat, as my husband caught something on the CCTV in the hall. Unfortunately, we weren't recording at the time, as we were in.

Our neighbour was causing real problems for us. Apparently, it went into their flat immediately the other side and began turning an analouge television. It was turning their lights on and off.

The neighbour came to the door and begged us to take the ghost back and for it to leave them alone.

The history on the property went several hundred years. Apparently, a house had stood where the block of flats were built. I am not sure how true it was; but the house apparently fell into a hole that led to some tunnels, which had been used for mining. Anyway, I was told that the occupants of the house perished.

Whatever the reason, the block of flats,especially ground floor, were known to be haunted. The neighbour on the other side had seen his apparition near her bed, but when she moved out-it seemed to harbour at ours for a time.

I do believe that spirits that can interact are capable of protecting a property. If it was a family member, who died in the house, who hadn't moved on-they would naturally be protective from the other side. Without knowing much about the house and the spirit, it is hard to say what it's true nature is.

I wonder if the family were aware of the spirit. It wasn't happy with the intruder.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A very interesting thread! thanks for posting. I believe in ghosts, spirits and the supernatural world 100%. If this is a true story then the supernatural entity could be a poltergiest. But then it could be a mental illness the burglar had? lol... star and flagged!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is very intersting, how long ago did this happen? Maybe some hope in them releasing more info.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i really think the guy just has a mental illness
Really

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I admit it sounds a unbelievable being their is no evidence of anything prior to this incident. I wish there were some paranormal researchers over there that could check it out.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Sounds like he has some sort of brain problem, like many people have said. However, it is one cool story.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Wow... Really intersting!! Thats a protective ghost.. at least the house owners dont have to worry about buying a guard dog, they have a guard ghost ^^. hehh... good thread though!

new topics

top topics

join