It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Conspiracy Theories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

"The cornerstone of Icke's theories is that a malicious race of lizard people -- the "shadowy elite" -- rules the world and all its political leaders primarily by controlling the media and orchestrating fear-mongering catastrophes, such as Sept. 11. Icke said he already has speeches lined up for 2009 in Los Angeles, Mexico, Croatia, New Zealand and Australia.

"I knew about the mainstream media, and that the mainstream media has a stunning level of myopia so that only that which is in the mainstream will be presented," said Icke. "What the Internet has done [is that it] has allowed information to flow outside of the myopia. ... The Internet has been absolutely essential."

"After studying conspiracy theorists, Michael Barkun, professor of political science at Syracuse University and author of the book, "Culture of Conspiracy: Apocalyptic Visions in Contemporary America," said he thought image and packaging is actually key to attracting followers. "

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Wow ABC is really going after the conspiracy theorist lately. Are we getting too close to something? Why use Icke as an example of the truthers?

I hope his Reptilian theories aren’t the only examples given. *goes to read article*

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

What's Behind Internet Conspiracy Empires?
As Conspiracy Communities Grow, Mental Health Docs Are Left With Big Questions
By LAUREN COX
ABC News Medical Unit

Does Conspiracy Always Equal Delusion?
MacDonald cautioned that not everyone who believes in a conspiracy plot is mentally ill. They just may be suggestible or just suspicious of authority.

Why didn’t you ask him about the media influencing delusions Lauren? Anyone who believes everything they’re told just because it’s on the news isn’t doing enough of their own thinking and is certainty not questioning authority enough.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Wow ABC is really going after the conspiracy theorist lately. Are we getting too close to something? Why use Icke as an example of the truthers?

I hope his Reptilian theories aren’t the only examples given. *goes to read article*

Oh yeah. We are getting much too close to something. The 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY has been getting dangerously close to self-destruction, and the disinfo agents have been placed on emergency overtime. ABC is only one of the tools to be used against us. I'm surprised Popular Mechanics has not been placed on wartime emergency manuevers.

Poor jthomas has been getting extremely desperate of late and has been ordered to ruin all Truthers by disassociation with proven nutcases. Even though ordinary 9-11 TRUTHERS rarely if ever place the blame for the 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY on lizard people or reptilians nor do they order people to wear turquoise to ward off the lizard people and reptilians; jthomas would never be one to let truth get in the way of his wild accusations.

Throughout history, tyranical governments such as Nazi Germany and the USSR have attacked their own citizens, who have awakened and recognized and exposed their criminal acts against their own populaces, with accusations of mental health instability and delusion and insanity and mental illness. Those despotic nations have always controlled their own mainstream news media with which to attack their citizens. The United States of America will do no differently. ABC and Popular Mechanics and jthomas and many others are just tools to that end.

ABC NEWS

By LAUREN COX
ABC News Medical Unit
Dec. 12, 2008—

A man standing on a street corner with a sign reading "the lizard people rule you all," or, "my neighbors are spying on me for the government" isn't likely to get many supporters.

But give that man a Web site template, or let him produce some slick videos on YouTube and, lo and behold, he may have thousands of people across the world supporting him.

Such is the story of several extraordinarily popular conspiracy theorists and theories online today.

Take the victims of gang stalking -- a subculture of people who think their friends and neighbors are all secret government spies ready to turn them over to the authorities. The movement has recently spawned gang stalking support groups, forums and advice Web sites.

Or take the former journalist and BBC sports announcer, David Icke, for example.

Icke was laughed out of the public eye in the early '90s when he started wearing only turquoise and explaining that voices had sent him on an important mission to save the earth.

Decades later, Icke has written books, has fans in 47 countries and can gather a crowd of 2,500 people in a city simply by posting a date for a lecture on his Web site.

The cornerstone of Icke's theories is that a malicious race of lizard people -- the "shadowy elite" -- rules the world and all its political leaders primarily by controlling the media and orchestrating fear-mongering catastrophes, such as Sept. 11. Icke said he already has speeches lined up for 2009 in Los Angeles, Mexico, Croatia, New Zealand and Australia.

[edit on 12/13/08 by SPreston]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I am not surprised you missed the significance of the last two paragraphs I quoted and why Icke has it down to a science.

It's called the "sanction of the victim."

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPreston

Oh yeah. We are getting much too close to something. The 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY has been getting dangerously close to self-destruction, and the disinfo agents have been placed on emergency overtime. ABC is only one of the tools to be used against us. I'm surprised Popular Mechanics has not been placed on wartime emergency manuevers.

You must be in charge of "image and packaging" for CIT.

Poor jthomas has been getting extremely desperate of late and has been ordered to ruin all Truthers by disassociation with proven nutcases.

So, you're still upset that I showed CIT has no eyewitnesses to any jet flying over and away from the Pentagon?

Gosh.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

Who's really in control of the "image and packaging" regarding what happened on 9/11? The people who write conspiracy books, or the federal agencies that churn out credible-looking garbage with a bow on top?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Who's really in control of the "image and packaging" regarding what happened on 9/11? The people who write conspiracy books, or the federal agencies that churn out credible-looking garbage with a bow on top?

I'd say Federal agencies that churn out "credible-looking" garbage with a bow on top!

Just in time for Christmas.

The Pentagon security shack videos take the cake. At first the Pentagon wouldn't even confirm they were legit. Now after they been scrutinized for years, and found completely lacking IMO, jthomas uses them as his avatar to spite the "truthers".

Oh the irony!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinityoreilly
Now after they been scrutinized for years, and found completely lacking IMO, jthomas uses them as his avatar to spite the "truthers".

You missed that my avatar shows what CIT is claiming should have happened.

Ooops.

The laugh's on you, fella.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jthomas

Oh I got a laugh out of it too. You see, you yourself changed the "original" images, quite convincingly I might add, showing just how easy it really is.

Thanks for the "schooling" jthomas, I love you man. Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted by infinityoreilly
Now after they been scrutinized for years, and found completely lacking IMO, jthomas uses them as his avatar to spite the "truthers".

posted by jthomas
You missed that my avatar shows what CIT is claiming should have happened.

Ooops.

posted by infinityoreilly
Oh I got a laugh out of it too. You see, you yourself changed the "original" images, quite convincingly I might add, showing just how easy it really is.

Yes indeed. The disinformation and fakery of jthomas is just as good as the 'original' FBI/Defense Dept disinformation and fakery 'still images'. But consider this; since jthomas is an insider, perhaps he saw the original videos and 'original still images' before all the fakery and alterations and he is trying to hustle us with his recollection of what he remembered on them. Perhaps jthomas is the graphics artist who got the date/time wrong by 32 hours.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I loved the title of the article:

By LAUREN COX
ABC News Medical Unit

Great article JT... starred and flagged!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPreston

Yes indeed. The disinformation and fakery of jthomas is just as good as the 'original' FBI/Defense Dept disinformation and fakery 'still images'. But consider this; since jthomas is an insider, perhaps he saw the original videos and 'original still images' before all the fakery and alterations and he is trying to hustle us with his recollection of what he remembered on them. Perhaps jthomas is the graphics artist who got the date/time wrong by 32 hours.

Now you're in a real fix, Spreston. Not only do you have to provide evidence that any jet flew over and away from the Pentagon, you've got to provide evidence that the government altered the security camera video.

Now, the top image in my avatar, which you so kindly enlarged, is from Rob Balsamo's animation showing how the jet was "supposed" to have flown over the Pentagon. That image was from the animated part showing the view from the cockpit the pilots would have seen as the jet started to climb over and away from the Pentagon, according to Balsamo and CIT.

Using the animation, altitude, and timing Balsamo and CIT provided all of us in that animation, the bottom two pictures accurately portray what the security camera should have caught but didn't.

Now you claim that the government would have altered the video to prevent the jet from being seen in the video -- of course, a claim for which you cannot provide a stitch of evidence.

What's even funnier is now you've put your claims in a worse light by completely forgetting that actual living and breathing human beings would have been in position to see and hear the same thing that Balsamo and CIT claimed happened, meaning the scores of eyewitnesses that CIT cannot produce.

Did they erase the memories of everyone on the freeways and bridges and parking lots, in buildings, all around the Pentagon, and make them "forget" seeing and hearing a low-flying, LOUD, jet flying over and away from the Pentagon, SPreston?

Maybe that's why Craig Ranke is now saying: "So there is no 'CIT flight path' nor should there be because we were not witnesses to the event and we should not be required to speculate anything at all."

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Thanks, I'm happy to school you anytime.

Let us know when you've finally got evidence that any jet flew over and away from the Pentagon and when you've got any evidence that the security camera video was altered in any way.

Take you're time. We've been waiting seven years already.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Conspiracy's don't happen? Well what about the reason we got into Vietnam, this has been admitted now in Presidential Tapes released that no Vietnamese Boat shot at any American Boats in Vietnam, yet the MEDIA CONSPIRED WITH GOVERNMENT to tell us what they wanted to get us behind the war.

Hitler did it with the Reichstag Fire (damn communists)

the U.S.S. Liberty was an attempt at a conspiracy to et us into the Suez canal.

The plan called Operation Northwoods was a Govt. Conspiracy to get us into Cuba.

That's enough for now and for show of proof of Conspiracies...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

It's the same article as the other thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Let us know when you've finally got evidence that any jet flew over and away from the Pentagon and when you've got any evidence that the security camera video was altered in any way.

Has the Pentagon officially confirmed this footage?

Seeing as you registered about a year plus ago, the "waiting seven years" doesn't wash with me.

But I'm still willing to learn from you. Can you prove a 757 (flt. 77) hit the Pentagon?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Conspiracy's don't happen? Well what about the reason we got into Vietnam, this has been admitted now in Presidential Tapes released that no Vietnamese Boat shot at any American Boats in Vietnam, yet the MEDIA CONSPIRED WITH GOVERNMENT to tell us what they wanted to get us behind the war.

Hitler did it with the Reichstag Fire (damn communists)

the U.S.S. Liberty was an attempt at a conspiracy to et us into the Suez canal.

The plan called Operation Northwoods was a Govt. Conspiracy to get us into Cuba.

That's enough for now and for show of proof of Conspiracies...

What's your point? There have been lots of conspiracies. Your problem is that you haven't demonstrated that 9/11 was a U.S. Government conspiracy, much less that they're even a suspect.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Has the Pentagon officially confirmed this footage?

If they did, would you accept the Pentagon's word? Of course, you wouldn't.

Seeing as you registered about a year plus ago, the "waiting seven years" doesn't wash with me.

How many years ago was 9/11? Many of us started showing 9/11 conspiracy theories to be bunk back on Usenet and Indymedia early in 2002, refuting such charaxcterts as Dick Eastman and Gerard Holmgren. Where were you?

But I'm still willing to learn from you. Can you prove a 757 (flt. 77) hit the Pentagon?

You don't have to learn from me. All you have to do is learn how to reason, look at the evidence, and show us how any of you have ever refuted the evidence that AA77 hit the Pentagon.

The burden of proof remains on your shoulders, my friend, and we're still waiting.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

If they did, would you accept the Pentagon's word? Of course, you wouldn't.

What is the Pentagons "official" word on the guard shack video?
Is the question too hard for you to answer? You don't know me so don't make assumptions about me please.

How many years ago was 9/11? Many of us started showing 9/11 conspiracy theories to be bunk back on Usenet and Indymedia early in 2002, refuting such charaxcterts as Dick Eastman and Gerard Holmgren. Where were you?

Don't know those people or those sites so this spanking doesn't hurt, kinda makes me laugh. I was busy working and believing the lies the MSM was feeding me. I'm paying closer attention now and am more aware that all is not what we were led to believe.

You don't have to learn from me. All you have to do is learn how to reason, look at the evidence, and show us how any of you have ever refuted the evidence that AA77 hit the Pentagon.

You seem to want to include me with others, perhaps CIT? I'm not affiliated with anyone, just watching with an open mind balanced with the wisdom of not just going along with MSMs bought and paid for agenda that keeps people ignorant.

The burden of proof remains on your shoulders, my friend, and we're still waiting.

This line is the best! You shouldn't wait on me. And the John McCain line is tired and patronizing.

This thread is your way of trying to tie all who seek enlightenment on the 911 anomalies into one "nutty" group. Have at it jthomas, you seem to have found your online calling.

I try and be polite and ask for your help in understanding your position, and all you can do is misdirect my questions and belittle. Good luck to you.

/spelling/

[edit on 12/15/2008 by infinityoreilly]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join