It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day The Earth Stood Still

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This movie is a remake of an older film, as most people have heard. I have not seen the older film, but there is one thing I can gather, this movie is:

A complete globalist agenda.
(spoiler)
It promotes the increasingly shaky theory of Global Warming, and towards the end, kills off a large section of Humanity. It makes a point to mention religion, and then thoroughly disregards it to mention the "universal religion" which EVERY alien movie seems to promote. It also promotes lying to the public, and only late in the movie do the people even realize what's going on when the orbs actually appear. Yes, there is rioting, but that is inevitable.
(/spoiler)
This is a very disturbing trend.

Happy Feet had this same idea. I noticed this first when they openly showed Gray Aliens and a UFO in Indiana Jones. Wanted glorified humans with godlike abilities. The list goes on and on.

Now, the problem I have with this is simple; I believe they are conditioning us. Not every movie is "evil and globalist" but suggesting ideas to us, making us doubt our respective religions and morals seems to be a prevalent theme. I really want to emphasize morals because everyone wants religions gone. They want corruptible, immoral humankind to make laws and morals for the rest of humankind. That doesn't work.

I believe that is why we need religion. It is to keep us from killing each other. I know in both the Bible and Torah, they speak only of helping your fellow man, and yet, Christianity and, more notably, Judaism are blamed for the problems in this world.

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE YOU COMMENT
I'll give you an example:
I have a history teacher who is relatively old. He's just a good guy. He was raised in the 60's and so on, and has the friendly attitude you hear in movies from that time. He's stated that he doesn't see movies with sex or cursing, and has only drank and alcoholic beverage once, on accident. He's seen all of the United States (excluding Hawaii) and has been to Europe many, many times. I can't think of a more moral, wise person. He tells every class that he loves them, even though he doesn't know them. That is important and I'll tell you why:

He is a exact image of what Jesus wanted for humanity. A worldly, respectable person who does not judge, and shows only love and respect.

If there is only thing all three major religions can agree on, it is that.
Now, do I have to tell you what religion he is? Does it really matter if you live your life like that?

[edit on 12/13/08 by Sickle_And_Hammer]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
"The Day The Earth Stood Still" is actually straight out of the Bible. I don't know much about it but 2012 fools use it for their Nibiru arguement. If you ask me, gravity would not stop the rotation of a planet. Of course they will rebuttal anything you throw at them.

I have not seen Happy Feet, but Kung Fu Panda had nothing to do with religion.

Is there a specific religion you are hinting towards?

The Bible for many is a series of metaphorical stories shaping life-morals rather than legitimate factual stories. Only extremists take it further than this.

Now I have never been to Hollywood, but if Hollywood is conditioning us for religion they sure F'ed up with the Mickey Mouse crew. They also F'ed up with a lot of other movies that involve mass murder (have you seen Wanted yet?).

I believe there is rarely any motivation behind movies besides revenue and entertainment. A few movies that I can say are motivating are Fahrenheit 9/11, Super Size Me, and Religulous. All 3 are movies that did not make it to our local theater, and we had to purchase from the store.

You can bet your bananas that "The Day The Earth Stood Still" will make our theaters because Aliens are increasingly popular, increasingly Christians are playing along with it, and the original screenplay writer from 1951 won an Oscar.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I agree. I also think that at the primary stage, religions such as Christianity and Buddhism (not the only ones) agreed that love and compassion was the one answer. I assume that it wasn't Jesus' or Buddha's intention for such hate and blame to eventuate from their preachings...
It's where the minds of humans have taken these simple ideals and distorted them to madness, to what we see all too often today.

So i think in that way people have "sinned", which means to "miss the point". The point of all of this has gone right over peoples heads.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Dude, seriously, you need to put in *SPOILER* tags if your going to give away part of the movie like that.

Some of us still like to be surprised.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I agree with you, Blowfish, on the fact that is just about money. But, since it is about money, then it's easy altered.

Kung Fu Panda was a good movie, I saw it, and although I guess I'm too old for it, I liked it. The more I think about it, the less I see the negative messages in that movie, I'm going to edit that one out.

I have seen Wanted, although I thought the movie was pretty stupid. I suppose that's because I had just finished watching the 1954 classic "White Christmas".
Really night and day...I mean, the entire message seemed to say that the only way to fix things was by killing people. The only way to save 1000 was to kill one. It also had the trademark "kill everything and have no respect for civilians" That we see in any movie that has guns...

I'm trying to make sense of this so I may not get it right the first time.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sickle_And_Hammer
I believe that is why we need religion. It is to keep us from killing each other.

Religion keeps us from killing each other? I suggest you hit the history books if this is a sincere assertion. You'll find that religion is very often the impetus for warfare.

I'll give you an example:
I have a history teacher who is relatively old. He's just a good guy. He was raised in the 60's and so on, and has the friendly attitude you hear in movies from that time. He's stated that he doesn't see movies with sex or cursing, and has only drank and alcoholic beverage once, on accident. He's seen all of the United States (excluding Hawaii) and has been to Europe many, many times. I can't think of a more moral, wise person. He tells every class that he loves them, even though he doesn't know them. That is important and I'll tell you why: He is a exact image of what Jesus wanted for humanity. A worldly, respectable person who does not judge, and shows only love and respect.

You provide the following evidence of morality and a wise mind: a friendly attitude, avoidance of cinematic depictions of sex and adult language, abstention from alcoholic beverages in any amount, travel within the U.S. and Europe, and a habit of telling "every class he loves them, even though he doesn't know them." Moreover, you believe that this is the exact image of what Christ had in mind for humanity's ideal. I must tell you, nothing on that list would make it into my list of principal characteristics of a wise and moral person. You seem to have the delusional version of morality that so many Christians have, in which sex and common liesure activities come to the fore of what is and is not immoral. Personally, I'd be more inclined to look to philanthropic activities, activism and participation in community, compassion and tolerance, honesty in personal relationships (among other factors) when judging an individual's morality. Whether a person is tolerant of sex scenes in movies or has a drink on occasion is not a likely concern of mine. I would imagine that the biblical Christ would use the same meter.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sickle_And_Hammer

I believe that is why we need religion. It is to keep us from killing each other. I know in both the Bible and Torah, they speak only of helping your fellow man, and yet, Christianity and, more notably, Judaism are blamed for the problems in this world.

[edit on 12/13/08 by Sickle_And_Hammer]

Your ignorance is astounding, religion is repeatedly responsible for some of the the worst atrocities in human history and is aslo responsible for removing the individuals personal responsibility for his own actions. Try thinking for yourself for a while. Anything that makes people question a belief system (and that's all it is, a way of thinking) that has brought us to the current state humanity is in is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I went to see this film tonight, now the first impression I got that someone is trying to show us what we are actually doing in real life from another perspective, as if they are telling us if we don't stop doing "this", "this" will happen, somewhat like in the Abyss.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sickle_And_Hammer

I completely disagree with your assessment of this film. There was no mention of global warming in the movie. Only that humans were killing the planet. I do not believe or have seen any evidence to prove or even strongly suggest that in the course of the existence of earth, Mankind is sole or main cause of any temperature changes. However, I think it is quite obvious, that we have been a very destructive force to the planet, the biggest IMO is ground and water pollution.

As for the religion aspect, I have only seen the film one time, but I don't recall anything about the alien calling out religion, only saying that "nothing ever truly dies, it just changes." I don't see that as disregarding religion. The only mention of religion in the movie came in the form of new reports on the reactions of religious groups, thinking that the UFO was a sign of the apocalypse.

I also don't think the movie was promoting lying to the public. How does portraying a government a an ignorant bad guy, hiding information and lying to the public "promoting" the lying? If anything, the movie suggest that governments do not faithfully or accurately represent or act in the best interest of the people. So, unless the globalist agenda is to get people to dislike government, then this movie did nothing to further that.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sickle_And_Hammer

*cough*
Your delivery that this is what the Jesus character wanted and did, is exactly why we shouldn't follow religion as little as we should allow immoral people governing us.
For some reason every religion believes that it is saved, that it is the true path to peace and the ultimate answer. But the fact of the matter is that as soon as you create an ideology you're going to have nutcases swarming in because they either suddenly found something to occupie their time or give them a sense of control or hope in their life. A reason to exist.

No religion has the right to put its name down on something as COMMON as being nice to eachother. You don't need to believe in some religion to follow that train of thought. As soon as you present a set of rules that questions some of the most basic yearnings in a human beings life you are stepping across a line.
It might be that the person you know has lead a good life and is happy. But on the other hand you could easily have a person that was equally nice who fornicated all day every day, drank two bottles of wine and only stay around his or hers little community.
Happiness is what you make of it yourself, not what others or some ideology tells you to.

The few basic rules you just need to follow is: treat others as you wish to be treated. You don't want your things stolen...? Well don't steal yourself. You don't want to get raped, get killed, etc etc. Well just follow that code yourself. Do you want people to question and look down upon your view that abortion or sex before marriage is bad? Well don't question those who has the opposite view then...
Don't need any religion to tell you that, if you have half a brain.

The message in "The Day.... " is still the same as in the old one. Mankind is morally bankrupt... no religion, for 2000 years, have changed that. And mankind will continue to be morally bankrupt. Not because of religion or an eventual lack hereof, but because of ambition and greed and our quest for everlasting life. (just look at religion... when you die you go to some paradise... blah! If that isn't yearning for everlasting life I don't know). Because we take life for granted and think we have a right to exist.

The only time mankind can live peacefully and start caring and respecting eachother is when we realise that we WILL come to an end, wether we like it or not and just make sure that the time we have left is fun and enjoyable. Regardless of it being 100 or 10000 years. We are not particularly special, we're a fluke in an evolution that has existed for a very very very long time before us and most likely will continue carelessly on without us, once we're stardust again.

[edit on 14/12/08 by flice]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

So, unless the globalist agenda is to get people to dislike government, then this movie did nothing to further that.

You got it bud.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown known

Then well done! Governments were having such a hard time getting the peoples of the world to dislike them, I am glad they were able to sneak that little angle into this film.

new topics

top topics

join