It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chakras and Kundalini in the Bible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I realize I might step on some toes with this but I would like to pass on an idea that a member and I were talking about in private to the rest of ATS. We have noticed that within the BIble are several passages that could be interpreted as references to chakras or kundalini, though called by different terms since it is described by a completely different culture.

We remembered first the verse in the Bible where Jesus, or perhaps one of the disciples says that if a man has 1 demon cast out of him, then he is at risk for 7 more to come in (If someone knows the exact passage please speak up!)

It was no coincidence to us that one has 7 chakras, and here there are 7 demons mentioned. Perhaps this is a description of either the chakras being out of balance, or "parasites" attatched to the chakras.

Then also there is the description of the "fruits of the spirit:"

* love (agape);
* joy (chara);
* peace (eirene);
* patience (makrothumia);
* kindness (chrestotes);
* goodness (agathosune);
* faithfulness (pistis);
* gentleness (prautes);
* self-control (egkrateia).

www.spirithome.com...

If we consi9der kindness and gentleness, and patience and self-control as the same thing, this leaves us with 7 emotions, which are is very similar to attributes as asscribed to individual chakras as described here (a bit long to quote)

I also see a possible paralell between the Pentacost and a possible kundalini awakening. (Once again if anyone knows the exact verse I would appeciate this.)

Though I am not a Christian I do not entirely discount the Bible. I beleive that it does describe things commonly known to other religious traditions, and perhaps other posters can chime in with other possible correlations.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Leviticus 26: 21 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

26: 24 Then will I also walk contrary unto you, and will punish you yet seven times for your sins. 28. Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

Mark 16: 9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

And I think this is the one you are referring to is in Luke 11 (am sure of it, but can't find it right now.. just skimmed through)

Interesting to note:

Revelation 4: 5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thank you.

The one about Mary Magdalene is great.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Note as well the possibility of the "Seven Churches in Asia" and "Seven Seals" of Revelation as having the same significance.

"As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up."

The early Gnostic Ophite sects were well aware that the New Testament can be interpreted as a guide to Kundalini. Do you suppose these "heretics" had it right all along?

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hi,

Thought I'd give the two verses that I am aware of off the top of my head that specifically refers to the kundalini.

And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. Numbers 21:8

The pole being the spine. The next verse is from the new testament.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: John 3:14

Then, there are references to "healing in wings" due to the snake being lifted up to become that which is like a bird... i.e. spirit, angelic, etc.

As for the chakras, the number 7 is referred to 503 times in the bible I use most frequently and 562 times in the KJV. LOL, let me know after you research each of those.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The reason why there are so many religions teaching the same thing is because at one point and time we where one people, knowing the truth of God. Over time the truth was perverted, and God gave the truth and the promise to the jews to carry until the time of Jesus. Life is in the blood, that is why they had to give a perfect sacrifice for all their transgressions in the old times, so the animals perfect life could cover our sinful life, but it was only a covering of atonement. Jesus is the manifested Word of God and his Father was God, so God's perfect life was in His blood. That is why He is called the Lamb of God, because the Lamb was used for the atonement sacrifice.

Before Jesus death God had an earthly tabernacle. In the back of the temple was a room where they placed the ark of the covenant. Once a year the High priest could go into the presence of the Lord by entering through the veil, and if he had not done the proper sacrifices he would die, that is why at the end of the robe he had bells and he had a rope tied to his leg, so they could pull him out.

When Jesus died the veil ripped from top to bottom, that was a sign that the enmity between man and God was gone. God's life cleanses us from the inside out now instead of just covering us. Jesus once told a woman that there was a time that people would no longer go to Jerusalem to worship God, but would worship in truth and spirit, that is because we have now been enabled to become the temple of God where he now lives within us.

Here is the point I am making. That Kundalini is a spirit, that trys to rob God of His glory. It is not the Holy Spirit of God. When Moses went to Egypt the magi there produced snakes just like his from their staffs, but like always God overcame there magic practices with real power, so we know that satan has some power, which copies God's, but at all times satans ways take people away from God. About Chakras I believe I understand more about it all the time. I used to practice Riki, Qi Gong, and Martial Arts, so I have seen how we can channel power. We where created to be possesed by Gods Holy Spirit, (which is why people can become possesed by demonic spirits) and He made our bodies to be a temple. I believe the Chakras are different gates in this temple. Look at the original tent that was used to place the ark in, it was in the shape of a cross, but so is our body. In the tent there where different sections. I will get back to you once I learn more about this subject.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The scripture you are looking for is Matthew 12:43-45

It actually states that when he gets rid of the one evil spirit, that spirit leaves, goes and gets 7 more. 7+1=8. 8 symbolizes a new beginning in the Bible.

People would be surprised at what is really referred to in the Bible.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
How in any way is Jesus talking about a new begining? Careful friend it is clear that if you add anything or take anything away from the gospel you will be accursed, and if you know what the curse of God is, you would tread lightly on such subjects. If you really want to know the scripture and what is says you need the Holy Spirit to teach you, and you need to learn the Jewish culture. People always think they can figure out the secrets of the scriptures, but those secrets are held by God for the born again.

What Jesus is saying that when a man is freed from possession that the demons will bring others that are stronger and overcome the host. Our body was created to be possessed by Gods spirit, and when we dont have it others can enter in. The way they take control of us is by our agreements/covenants, because what we agree on we obey and what we obey is our master. The strong man it is refering to is a person with a strong mind, and our mind is bound when we are snared by our unholy desires and sin.

If anyone needs scripture to back up my words I will get them for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kvmclain
The reason why there are so many religions teaching the same thing is because at one point and time we where one people, knowing the truth of God. Over time the truth was perverted, and God gave the truth and the promise to the jews to carry until the time of Jesus. Life is in the blood, that is why they had to give a perfect sacrifice for all their transgressions in the old times, so the animals perfect life could cover our sinful life, but it was only a covering of atonement. Jesus is the manifested Word of God and his Father was God, so God's perfect life was in His blood. That is why He is called the Lamb of God, because the Lamb was used for the atonement sacrifice.

Before Jesus death God had an earthly tabernacle. In the back of the temple was a room where they placed the ark of the covenant. Once a year the High priest could go into the presence of the Lord by entering through the veil, and if he had not done the proper sacrifices he would die, that is why at the end of the robe he had bells and he had a rope tied to his leg, so they could pull him out.

When Jesus died the veil ripped from top to bottom, that was a sign that the enmity between man and God was gone. God's life cleanses us from the inside out now instead of just covering us. Jesus once told a woman that there was a time that people would no longer go to Jerusalem to worship God, but would worship in truth and spirit, that is because we have now been enabled to become the temple of God where he now lives within us.

Here is the point I am making. That Kundalini is a spirit, that trys to rob God of His glory. It is not the Holy Spirit of God. When Moses went to Egypt the magi there produced snakes just like his from their staffs, but like always God overcame there magic practices with real power, so we know that satan has some power, which copies God's, but at all times satans ways take people away from God. About Chakras I believe I understand more about it all the time. I used to practice Riki, Qi Gong, and Martial Arts, so I have seen how we can channel power. We where created to be possesed by Gods Holy Spirit, (which is why people can become possesed by demonic spirits) and He made our bodies to be a temple. I believe the Chakras are different gates in this temple. Look at the original tent that was used to place the ark in, it was in the shape of a cross, but so is our body. In the tent there where different sections. I will get back to you once I learn more about this subject.

you say "that kundalini is a spirit"... FROM a spirit? the kundalini OF a spirit?

your terminology is throwing me off. are you speaking of the kundalini of the antichrist? ... because he is not the only one with energy within his being. i'm kinda reading this as though you are saying kundalini in general is bad and am trying to clarify your meaning here.

top topics

join