It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Defeat for U.S. in Iraq !!! Must read!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just a side note on the Obama discussion (I don't want to derail this thread more than it has been already): What on earth would Obama have to gain by Blagojevich selling his Senate seat? Then, what would he have to lose? You can say all you want about Obama, but nobody can say he's stupid.

Now back to Iraq: I think this was all over the news at least a month ago, but for what it's worth, here's my two cents: We (the U.S.) got into a Vietnam-type situation by trying to intervene in another country's civil war. We would probably have been just as well off if we had left Saddam in power, but some ideologues decided we have to export democracy everywhere in the world. When we leave, the Iraqis will undoubtedly keep fighting each other and could very well end up with a theocracy like Iran's. The Iraqis have never had a democracy and we have experienced many of the reasons why. Some countries are not ready for it and some may never be.

As far as calling it a win or a loss for the U.S., I'd say it was a little of both. We haven't really reached our ultimate goal of establishing democracy in the region but we have defeated Saddam. Iraq will be in the midst of a civil war, but probably no worse when we leave than when we went in.

What's positive about this agreement is that no more Americans will be killed after our departure date and we will end our long and seemingly endless involvement in somebody else's fight.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Who Cares whether Obama is smart,slick,clever,cunning or beguiling...A United States Senate Seat is not for sale,whether it be for cash or favor...
God help this country....It is a sad thing when a generation is in awe over the oratory skills of an inexperienced trickster who never stood for this country or the people who fought and died for it....Let us the hope the process can survive the onslaught of change heading our way....

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Raid31

It's not a secret to know it's coming because after the British decided to
leave the empire business in 1945,the United States took over as a
new & young supper power and for more than (60) years until the collaps
of the Soviet Union and the RE-birth of the neo-Cons who wanted to do what JFK refused to do back then during the Cuban issue.
any way,The U.S. is taking the same road that was taking by the British,and we all know what happened to them after occuping almost the whole planet.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join