It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lowlifes and beggers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
so Im going down town the other day with a buddy of mine, and I go into the gas store for some snacks.

and then some woman walks up to my pals truck and starts talking to him.

I eye her suspiciously, but knowing my buddy, he could handle it. So I went in, bought snacks, went back and she was gone.

So I asked who was that?

my freind replies She wanted money.

This kind of bull # pisses me off.

I mean, its bad for the business, that some hag is wandering around their area, bothering potential custemors.

and the fact that this person must have had a serious blow in their educational carreer. That was their fault, to wander and wander, procrastinating their school work and ultimately failing in life.

It just pisses me off that people are so care free for most of their life then expect to be coddled like a crying child.

Expecting to suckle when they run out of their own steam.

so I say downt with the beggars

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There used to be a guy that would park his brand new pick up truck at my friends dad's work and walk down a few blocks in ragged clothes trying to collect money. If you can sit out in the sun all day hassling people for money, you can surely get a job.

However, homeless kids are a different story. So sad to see young kids without homes or anyone to care about them. My heart goes out to them.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
ya its sad that there are homeless children. But this person wasnt no child, she was atleast 30, or around there.

But I thought most homeless kids went to like a foster home or something?

I know someone when she was little was abused in an orphanage. I wonder what happens to homeless kids on average..

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
. If you can sit out in the sun all day hassling people for money, you can surely get a job.

You think its that easy for a hobo to get a job? Think again. Who would even interview a person that has on ragged clothes and stinks like hell? Though, I do agree its they're fault they got into that postion.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hell man, McDonalds hires retarded people (and puts them on the cash register which pisses me off).

They must be willing to hire homeless people.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
oh ya ive seen them people who havent showered in 5 years working @ mcdonalds.

It makes me wonder.... WTF DID THEY DO TO MY FOOD??????

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Hell man, McDonalds hires retarded people (and puts them on the cash register which pisses me off).

They must be willing to hire homeless people.

I called a guy a tard at McDonalds once and they threw me out, sure it was an insensitive but the dude was like severly retarded and yeah, bad experience.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
So eager to point fingers and judge, aren't we?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
God doesn�t live exclusively in the rich and successful, if you remember that God also lives in the homeless and the poor you may find some compassion for these people.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately its these kind of attitudes toward the homeless (the negative attitutdes of course) that keep them the way they are. Most of the people who bitch and moan that they are scum and need to get a life and get a job would never hire them because they are homeless. Kind of a vicious circle that probably wont change untill humans on the whole learn some compassion and become decent towards one another, but thats probably a long time off.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm aware of very few jobs one can get without a home address, a checking account, a clean credit history, a clean criminal background check and a valid drivers license...but then I haven't tried McDonalds yet.

I do know they look at you funny when you apply for a minimum wage job when your last employment was 6 figures. It happens more and more these days.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I do know they look at you funny when you apply for a minimum wage job when your last employment was 6 figures. It happens more and more these days.

How ignorant of the population to think that a 6 figure white collar exec wouldn't be out of a job. RANT, you should give seminars to starry eyed college kids like me about reality, I'm sure it would be a serious wakeup call. Then again it would have to be privately funded since no college wants kids to see the truth and take their tuition to a tech school.

You were in marketing correct? When are you going to tell us about the marijuana marketing schemes of big tobacco like you enlightened us about the MADD agenda? Ah well, another thread someday, maybe?

Back to topic: How hard is it to spare a little change you selfish bastard?! If I buy a 12 pack at my local store in South Carolina I usually come home with 6 after giving half to the rock-ers as well as the change I got after the transaction. Sick of beggars? It may not be your fault you are confronted by beggars but 6 out of 10 didnt choose to be there. I have friends that ran away from home and now fight for food. This rant is selfishness to the extreme, and if I was a religious man would liken it to Satanism. Disgusting. #ing sickening.

[Edited on 4-14-2004 by insite]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sickening?

Give me a break. The places I have been, the bums are not just homeless folks looking for a break, they are huslers or just plain bums.

There are quite a number of ways for these people to get off the street, to include government programs, charity programs, churches, etc.

Feeding and throwing money at the situation will do nothing to make them more eager to actually do something.

I think the 6 out of 10 figure is not true (at least from my experience). I'd say it's more like 1 out of 10.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Let�s just say that all of the people on the street are hustlers, drug addicts, alcoholics, thieves, lazy, stupid, mentally challenged or just plain bums. They are still human and deserve to be treated like humans. Jesus taught us to love everyone.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Let�s just say that all of the people on the street are hustlers, drug addicts, alcoholics, thieves, lazy, stupid, mentally challenged or just plain bums. They are still human and deserve to be treated like humans. Jesus taught us to love everyone.

There is a big difference in throwing them change (which I do NOT think is a good thing) and doing something positive.

You could refuse to give money to these people your whole life, help one of them get off the street, and you would still be more generous than most people.

You can only help those who want it. From my experience most don't want it.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Gotta go with Jethro on this one. Yes there are some out there that need the help, but there are others that make a DAMN good living bumming money. There was a series of articles last year about "the Shakey Lady" in Toronto. She had this down to an art. The sad looks the shakes, etc. A reporter followed this and it led him to a nice condo with leather furniture, late model GM car, oh, she had it so hard. I'm nit saying that some don't deserve your compation, I'm saying that some absolutely don't. You decide.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I dunno. You know a crack addict when you see one. There is a lady on my corner I see all the time. I never give her money because I know she is on crack. She could go to the shelter and she could get help. But she wont. The only thing she wants is crack. Her brain is chemically changed. I never give her money b/c she will only spend it on drugs. I know that not every homeless person is an addict but a lot are. It seems to me that we really need to curb drugs to put a dent in the number of homeless people in the streets.

Other than that, just buy a hungry man a hot dog.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It might not seem right, especially since I KNOW I'm feeding crack addictions. At least they aren't out robbing and killing people for money. I know ya'll won't agree with my stance on the issue, but you don't know what it's like in the area I'm talking about. Government programs? Please. There is no sign of government anywhere around this place, it's anarchy; rural hell. A third world country. These people don't have a car to get them to a job, not like anyone would hire them anyway. It's called the "Dirty South" for a reason.

Besides, and I'm going to get flamed for this, IT'S SPARE CHANGE! What are you going to do with it anyway? Put it in a jar never to see it again. At least that's what I do with the change I can't give away to someone. Stop trying to justify your selfishness with stories of people who abuse the generosity of others, especially if you aren't even the generous ones being abused! It seems like I'm the only one here who actually gives away change so I should be the one who's concerned, right?

To me it is sickening that ya'll wouldn't hand over your damn spare change based on the principal that it's yours, you earned it, it's yours and you might be potentially getting scammed. I myself am not going to refuse to give away a dollar to someone who potentially may really need it.

As a side note, I think there's a geographical factor that's causing the difference of opinion. If ya'll could see the way of life I'm talking about, you would immediately understand. At least I hope that's it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebeagle
Other than that, just buy a hungry man a hot dog.

That's an awesome point. Usually when I do that they look as pissed as someone trying to get soemthing could look. But I feel better about doing that than giving them change, though I usually just give them change anyway. More often than not I will buy a thirsty man a beer.

Some may consider me anarchist but I value personal responsibility, freedom and equality in the highest regard. If I give a man some change and he buys crack with it, that's on him, not me.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There are a lot of reasons for people to be homeless. Yes, some choose it, but most don't. Those who are 'drunken bums' have probably become like that because of the lack of humanity they receive from the general population. If I see a homeless person, I will normally always give him or her something, even if its just a bit of change. The only time I didn't was when I was verbally abused by someone who was already three sheets to the wind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join