It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and manipulation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER

Ok, just for all you religious people first.

If youre gonna start saying that im gonna burn, because of what I have to say, dont say nothing. You believe what you want and ill do what I want.

For you religious people that can understand other peoples beliefs, feel free to express your opinion.

But I beg of you not to start threatening me with whatever.

So this is what I see.

Ages ago people couldnt understand why things existed.

So they created interestin storys to go with them.

Then, along came some people who thought....

well, perhaps since these people believe this, I could use that...

So they invented bibles or books or what you wanna call them, and hidden within them, are tasks or rights or whatever. And so, they could use that to manipulate poeple.

Then, someone invented a new Idea, to fight back against the tyranny.

Some kept to the old, some went to the new.

then they wrote that because they betrayed, they are evil and must be purged ( rusult: check out the middle east people. Wars for over 100s years Im geussing.).

So my point is, im thinking that religions were made to control people.

Like if you dont believe in this way, then you will suffer in the after life.

Just expressing my opinion.

I mean nothing against anyone.

I am simply expressing myself...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You start the thread by telling all the "religious people" not to tell you that you are going to hell. And yet you imply that only a small minority of us can accept other peoples views. Where do you live where people with pitch forks are knocking down you door and literally ripping pages from the Bible and putting them down your throat? lol , maybe if you didn't imply negative things about us all the time people would be more inclined to give you legitimate answers. Now on to your question, for this to be true it would need some one that actually wanted to accomplish this. For instance a man that wanted to make people do his will. Who would that be, for a motive, you need a perpetrator. Who is , or who are these people that tried to control society. It certainly wasn't the Government, so who was it. How was it so grand in scale? In other words are you saying that it was a conspiracy? Not trying to be rude. Please don�t get me wrong, but it kind of irritates me when you ask me to be nice, and yet you imply we are morons in your post. If you don�t know what I am talking here it goes, "Then, along came some people who thought.... �This I find to be very arrogant. If you don't like people trashing your beliefs, try not doing it to others.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by infovacume]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Catfish,

So my point is, im thinking that religions were made to control people.

Your view is not that far fetched. Religion is something invented by man (through satanic suggestion) to attempt to make God jump through man's hoops. Worship is the process of man reflecting the character of his creator by living his life in conformiity to the creator's revealed will. This is demonstrated in the lives of Cain & Abel (Gen. 4). These two brothers represent two classes of people that would exist until the consummation of all things. This is happening even now.

Yes, man has used religion as a means to control the ignorant masses for millenia. But I must ask that you not assume that the Bible was written as a means of control (although many use it in that way). On the contrary, it was written to convey to him the truth that will make him free. I say this because of experience, not theory.

new topics

join