It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC says conspiracy web sites are contributing to mental health issues

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda411

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
I will admit that the people that taunted him on the web may have helped hasten things but he was still sick all on his own.

Therefor, conspiracy web sites contributed to his mental health issue.

Thank you.

Oh, come on Yoda. Are you really that desperate to prove your point? What if this guy went to the bowling alley and he ran into some people that didn't like him and they taunted and made fun of him. Would you then say that bowling alleys contributed to this? I fail to see how conspiracy websites contributed to anything especially when I read this:

He left many postings across the Internet on websites such as nazi.org, offering public insight into his thoughts and the hardships in his life that led to his depression and fascination with dark imagery in the months and years prior to the shooting.

He came to the internet with these kinds of thoughts because of hardships in his life that led to all of this depression and fascination with dark imagery. It was already there. It just seems like you are grasping at straws to prove an opinion based article as fact because you can't accept that it's not. Can you prove this wouldn't have happened if he never came to ATS? He obviously had plenty of problems before he decided to start getting on the internet.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I will admit that the people that taunted him on the web may have helped hasten things but he was still sick all on his own.

Thank you.

How do you conclude that from what I said? You are delusional at best, my friend.

Maybe if you did not truncate my quote to pretend I said something I did not, you could feel good about this but it is just a low blow. I was hoping you would be smarter than this. I do not know why. I said that people that taunted him, people that could have been at school, in the neighborhood, on AOL, on ABC.com, or even a conspiracy site. So how does this prove that conspiracy sites contributed to his mental health issue? It proves someone with mental health issues needs to be treated.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy
This jumped out at me instantly...

Wikipedia:
Weise expressed frustration with being forced back to the Red Lake region and was considered an outsider by many there. Troublesome behavior eventually led the school to put him in a home schooling program in 2004. He was apparently taking medication for depression and was seeing a therapist. He attempted suicide in 2004, describing his experience in a post made on the website Above Top Secret: "I had went through a lot of things in my life that had driven me to a darker path than most choose to take. I split the flesh on my wrist with a box opener, painting the floor of my bedroom with blood I shouldn't have spilt. After sitting there for what seemed like hours (which apparently was only minutes), I had the revelation that this was not the path. It was my decision to seek medical treatment, as on the other hand I could have chose to sit there until enough blood drained from my downward lascerations on my wrists to die."

Seems to me that this is proof that he tried to kill himself at least once before even joining ATS. What can yoda blame that on?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Oh looksy here people beat me to it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and plenty more posted in search. Oh an the fact that its amazing many on here are on depression drugs and im not surprised.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

reply to post by meadowfairy

Seriously, save that for another thread. Whether he was schizophrenic or not, or whether you really truly believe Marijuana can trigger this, it is unrelated to the conclusion that is made.

Why? If pot contributed, how is that not as relevant as anything else that contributed. Chances are better that the pot had an effect than anything on any conspiracy site. Why do you pick and choose? Some things need facts to be true, others do not need facts to be factual? This is relevant because it contributes to mental health issues even though there is no evidence for that and there is evidence that pot has adverse effects on people who suffer from schizophrenia but that is not relevant?

link   

Thank you.

How do you conclude that from what I said? You are delusional at best, my friend.

Maybe if you did not truncate my quote to pretend I said something I did not, you could feel good about this but it is just a low blow.

I didn't make anything up. You said it yourself. Thanks for the lovely debate, but you have successfully proven my point. I really appreciate it.

As for the relation between marijuana and schizophrenia, start a new thread if your that solid on the belief however I know many people who would disagree with you.

link   

Seriously, save that for another thread. Whether he was schizophrenic or not, or whether you really truly believe Marijuana can trigger this, it is unrelated to the conclusion that is made.

Stop nitpicking what i say to suit your views and ignore the fact about prescription meds linked to suicides you are the weakest link goodbyem, noone can get through to you....

link   

This is conclusive evidence linking ATS as a negative influence on Jeff Weise's mental health issues.

ATS didn't cause the negative influence, but rather Jeff Weise's choice to post on this and other (nazi like sites) is what contributed (if you choose to be in consensus that websites are influencing people negatively) to his accelerating illness.

If a person is looking for something to "kick it up a notch" they will find a place that they can get the feedback they desire.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
ATS didn't cause the negative influence, but rather Jeff Weise's choice to post on this and other (nazi like sites) is what contributed (if you choose to be in consensus that websites are influencing people negatively) to his accelerating illness.

If a person is looking for something to "kick it up a notch" they will find a place that they can get the feedback they desire.

Nazi like sites can be considered conspiracy based websites if they promote delusional conspiracy theories which support Nazism.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I didn't make anything up. You said it yourself. Thanks for the lovely debate, but you have successfully proven my point. I really appreciate it.

As for the relation between marijuana and schizophrenia, start a new thread if your that solid on the belief however I know many people who would disagree with you.

LOL. OK if that is how you want a win, go for it. I prefer to actually win rather than just claim I did. I not only did not prove your point but Kratos smashed it to pieces. I wish I could thank you for a lovely debate but you have not been honest or factual so...ya know.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

You are right, the "angel" just proved that he is a liar. He changes standpoint by the minute, trolling away to keep the argument going. And he is working hard, the poor boy - over 100 posts just today!

Let's hope his Duracell batteries runs out soon.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl

Nazi like sites can be considered conspiracy based websites if they promote delusional conspiracy theories which support Nazism.

I have never really thought of nazism as a delusional conspiracy theory, but I suppose it is all about the choice of language used.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thank you.

Nice debate Yoda!

Look forward to your future posts.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

This is conclusive evidence linking ATS as a negative influence on Jeff Weise's mental health issues.

Exaactly listen to this lovely lady Yoda she knows what shes talking about and light picks up on things pretty quick you cna learn a few lessons.

He did come to those websites on his own accord and it was his beliefs that directed him to the sites suited to his purpose.

If you know that many forums are based on actual beliefs or favourable topics for eg, pregnant mothers go to a mothers forum then you are likely to understand they will find the websites suited to them or their beliefs.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this discussion it was a lot of fun!

I invite you to start a new discussion surrounding Marijuana's link to schizophrenia - an interesting topic which I have to sincerely disagree with.

Angel, thanks for the entertainment. Ultimately you have conceded to defeat, unknowingly admitting to the contribution to the individual's mental illness. I hope you will also concede to your personal vendetta against me and others, as it is a poor contribution to the important questions at hand.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Thank you meadowfairy, that was a very nice statement.

May I add you to my friends list?

I don't want to derail, so feel free to u2u.

IA

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Thank you meadowfairy, that was a very nice statement.

May I add you to my friends list?

I don't want to derail, so feel free to u2u.

IA

IA yes you may
Thankyou!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Interesting points of view on this subject! Makes a great read!

IMO, if you pile up enough garbage in the alley eventually the garbage goes over the fence and back into your yard.

In other words, keep reading all that conspiracy stuff and soon enough, you actually begin to live it, breath it, and unfortunately, love it. And if your already over the line of mental instability, more conspiracy from websites can definately contribute to increasing the mental health problem.

Too much of a good thing isnt necessarily a good thing.

That also works in reverse btw.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

He did come to those websites on his own accord and it was his beliefs that directed him to the sites suited to his purpose.

If you know that many forums are based on actual beliefs or favourable topics for eg, pregnant mothers go to a mothers forum then you are likely to understand they will find the websites suited to them or their beliefs.

Exactly. Next, I guess we'll hear about how women become pregnant when they visit a women's forum about pregnancy. This guy already had these issues and therefore, you search for places with people who think like you so you have people to discuss those things with.

What we have here is someone with an ego so big as to make it impossible to admit when he's wrong to the point of ignoring defeating points against and restating the same opinion over and over until someone buys it. I'm pretty open minded, but there just aren't any believeable connections here to even ponder any further.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220

Exactly. Next, I guess we'll hear about how women become pregnant when they visit a women's forum about pregnancy. This guy already had these issues and therefore, you search for places with people who think like you so you have people to discuss those things with.

What we have here is someone with an ego so big as to make it impossible to admit when he's wrong to the point of ignoring defeating points against and restating the same opinion over and over until someone buys it. I'm pretty open minded, but there just aren't any believeable connections here to even ponder any further.

Yes this would be easily thrown out off court believe me.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join