It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Larry Silverstein mean by "Pull It"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm so tired of official story parrots claiming things like "Larry Silverstein meant pull the firefighters out of the building" that I have decided to put this one to rest once and for all.
I could have spent even more time debunking this 'debunk attempt' but it's not worth the time of energy it would require because it's simply nonsense and is painfully clear that this is absolutely false.

First of all...
The Larry Silverstein "pull it" quote comes from the PBS documentary "America Rebuilds" and the argument that “pull” is not used to mean “demolish” a building is belied by the other footage in the PBS documentary.

According to FEMA, NIST, and Frank Fellini, the Assistant Chief responsible for WTC 7 at that time, there weren’t any firefighters in the building.
Second of all the term "pull" IS industry terminology for demolishing a building that was used long before 9/11.

Here is Stacey Loizeaux who has worked for Controlled Demolition Inc. since the age of fifteen, her father, Mark Loizeaux, and her uncle, Doug Loizeaux are president and vice-president of the company.

In this interview she uses the term "pull" no less than four times, directly and obviously talking about building demolition.
PBS NOVA Interview with Stacey Loizeaux

Here is another link proving that "pull" is an industry term used even prior to 911.
Was the term "PULL IT" and industry term prior to 9/11 ?

The insurmountable problem with this explanation of Silverstein’s statement is that there were no firefighters inside WTC 7. Dr. Shyam Sunder, of the National Institutes of Standards and Technology (NIST), which investigated the collapse of WTC 7, is quoted in Popular Mechanics (Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report, March, 2005) as saying: “There was no firefighting in WTC 7”. The FEMA report on the collapses, from May, 2002, also says about the WTC 7 collapse: “no manual firefighting operations were taken by FDNY”.

Source: What did Larry Silverstein mean by "pull it"?

So now that the "kai bosh" has been put down on this one, let's move on to more important things, shall we?

[edit on 12-12-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

I wonder how much trouble Silverstein got into for letting this slip out? He aint the only one, Rumsfeld said in an interview that a Missile hit the Pentagon...

Chief of Fire and Safety of NY that morning said there was BOMBS IN THE BUILDING...

Every reporter that morning, including the Fox News guy, said they heard explosions going off...

A college in Mass. recorded 3 distinct explosions before the Towers fell, each one and their seismographs have been public.

And now with the NIST saying that building 7 fell as if it had no foundation, I think the Silverstein comment makes the case...

Demolition of a building is always started at the foundation so it will drop in it's footprint, as all the buildings did that day, but no buildings before that day ever had.

Good Post!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So, the quote that is being referred to is as follows:

"I remember getting a call from the Fire Department commander, telling me they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, you know, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is just pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse."

Mr Silverstein was talking to the fire commander.

Neither the fire commander or Mr Silverstein is in the demolition business.

Are you implying that the NYFD rigged the building with explosives and then detonated it?

If not, who rigged the building and who detonated it?

If Mr Silverstein was involved why would he say so on TV?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
He meant blow building 7 back to hell.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
....pull his finger?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

As someone who knows a few people in demolition, I asked them the same thing they all smiled and knew what I was talking about.

To "pull" a building is to "pull it down" or use detonation.

In laymen's terms: "Pull it" means detonate the placed charges.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

That is the video.

Mr Silverstein was talking to the fire commander.

You're right they aren't, but it's such a commonly used tern in the industry that even the firefighters, and lease holders of large buildings know it.

Are you implying that the NYFD rigged the building with explosives and then detonated it?
If not, who rigged the building and who detonated it?

Did I say that the NYFD rigged and detonated the building?
They "made the decision" to pull it, which is also a lie because it had to have been rigged prior to this, you can't rig a building with demolition charges on the whim of a fire commander and pull that building on the same day, these things take time.
Who DID rig it? well now, that is the big question isn't it?

If Mr Silverstein was involved why would he say so on TV?

He made that statement on a PBS documentary called "America Rebuilds," and as to why he made the statement to begin with, I tend to lean towards: Because he was too stupid to realize what he was saying at the time, but who knows for sure.

The point is that if you read the information I provided it becomes clear that there weren't even any firefighters in the building. So the BS debunk attempt that claims they were referring to firefighters as "it" is obviously nonsense and a 'last ditch attempt' of official story parrots to use any tactic no matter how ridiculous to desperately cling onto the lies that the government sold them

Don't take my word for it, research it yourself and you will see.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
....pull his finger?

Yeah, see, I thought he had a whore under his desk who was dressed up like his hunchbacked grandma busy giving him a handjob using chaulmoogra oil...but now I realize that I just dreamed all that one time when I fell asleep while watching Larry King...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

As someone who knows a few people in demolition, I asked them the same thing they all smiled and knew what I was talking about.

To "pull" a building is to "pull it down" or use detonation.

In laymen's terms: "Pull it" means detonate the placed charges.

I understand it means to use demolition to bring a building down.
Which is why I'm laying this one to rest, it's ridiculous and absurd and it's time for this BS claim to die.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

Larry A. Silverstein (born 1932[1]) is an American billionaire real estate investor and developer in New York City.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you believe a real estate developer is clueless when it comes to demolitions, then I have nothing to say.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here is an email from Chief Daniel Nigro, the fire commander in charge of building 7.

Regarding WTC 7: The long-awaited US Government NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) report on the collapse of WTC 7 is due to be published at the end of this year (although it has been delayed already a few times [ adding fuel to the conspiracy theorists fires!]). That report should explain the cause and mechanics of the collapse in great detail. Early on the afternoon of September 11th 2001, following the collapse of WTC 1 & 2, I feared a collapse of WTC 7 (as did many on my staff).

The reasons are as follows:

1 - Although prior to that day high-rise structures had never collapsed, The collapse of WTC 1 & 2 showed that certain high-rise structures subjected to damage from impact and from fire will collapse.

2. The collapse of WTC 1 damaged portions of the lower floors of WTC 7.

3. WTC 7, we knew, was built on a small number of large columns providing an open Atrium on the lower levels.

4. numerous fires on many floors of WTC 7 burned without sufficient water supply to attack them.

For these reasons I made the decision (without consulting the owner, the mayor or anyone else - as ranking fire officer, that decision was my responsibility) to clear a collapse zone surrounding the building and to stop all activity within that zone. Approximately three hours after that order was given, WTC 7 collapsed.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit.

Regards, Dan Nigro
Chief of Department FDNY (retired)

He pulled his men back about three hours before the collapse because he as the ranking fireman was worried about collapse.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

"I remember getting a call from the Fire Department commander, telling me they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, you know, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is just pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse."- Larry Silverstein.

"For these reasons I made the decision (without consulting the owner, the mayor or anyone else - as ranking fire officer, that decision was my responsibility) to clear a collapse zone surrounding the building and to stop all activity within that zone. Approximately three hours after that order was given, WTC 7 collapsed. " - Dan Nigro, Chief of Department FDNY (retired)

Obviously one of the two is not telling the truth.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Obviously one of the two is not telling the truth.

It just depends on what time the phone call was made. If Dan Nigro had already PULLED his men back before he call Silverstein, then both statements could be true.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
I'm so tired of official story parrots claiming things like "Larry Silverstein meant pull the firefighters out of the building" that I have decided to put this one to rest once and for all.

Its posts like this one that ensures a never-ending source of humor and entertainment, if such can come out of Sept 11.

To think that Silverstein would, on national television, admit to knowing the building was rigged for demolition is really the absolute zenith of absurdity and hilariousness.

But, we've come to expect that from the Troothers, so full speed ahead!

[edit on 12-12-2008 by pinch]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
When I read the documents, I come to the conclusion that the NYFD was not involved in the demolition of any of the buildings.

I also have to conclude that the statement made by Mr Silverstein on TV was not about demolition of the buildings. I don't think that you become a billionaire developer by being stupid and blurting things out on TV.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's really weird. I cannot believe the official story, and the only alternative for me is that explosives were used, it was pulled. But this would be such a complex operation that I can't wrap my mind around it.

Were those buildings rigged after the garage bombing as a security measurement? Someone in the other thread had this idea, and somehow it makes sense.

But more important, Silversteins comment makes sense in this case:

They decided to pull it. That would mean it wasn't predestinated to get pulled, which would oppose a false-flag operation, and - as I understand it - that decision was done right there in this minute.

So, if they just there on spot decided to pull it, and it wasn't part of a plan, my only explanation left would be a "failsafe" mechanism, a security measurement that was already in place to be used if another attack after the garage bombing in the 90's occurs, to safely bring the building down, so it doesn't falll in a non-controlled way, falling onto other buildings, streets etc. - a HUGE mess.

They would never admit that they shot down flight 93, too. It would be VERY unpopular, so they cover it up. Makes sense to me...kind of.

[edit on 12.12.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Well, with Mr. Silverstein “lying,” Chief Daniel Nigro “lying,” to cover their behinds, who needs terrorist! They are probably part of the plot of bring down all the WTC. Once proven a lair (always a lair).

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink
reply to post by Wildbob77

Well, with Mr. Silverstein “lying,” Chief Daniel Nigro “lying,” to cover their behinds, who needs terrorist! They are probably part of the plot of bring down all the WTC.

So you now believe that the NYFD was involved.

I think that is rubbish.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pinch

To believe that Silverstein is an honest man and would not ever lie when he mad a Freudian slip, is really the absolute zenith, of absurdity, and hilariousness.

But, we've come to expect that from the Pseudo skeptics, so full speed ahead!

[edit on 12/12/2008 by cashlink]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wildbob 77:
You seriously think a fire chief ISN'T going to issue a letter saying something like that?
Yeah he's just going to blow a government coverup wide open...

For these reasons I made the decision (without consulting the owner, the mayor or anyone else - as ranking fire officer, that decision was my responsibility)

Well you just saw the video of Larry Silverstein saying he was consulted.

Also try reading the original post and the information provided in the links, according to FEMA, NIST, and Frank Fellini, the Assistant Chief responsible for WTC 7 at that time, there weren’t any firefighters in the building.

This ones dead, sorry.
Haul out all the letters and videos you want, it's obvious and clear to anyone with an I.Q. higher than jello that Larry Silverstein didn't mean firefighters when he said "it."

[edit on 12-12-2008 by ashamedamerican]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join