It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Littering on the earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Notice in many cases a cop wants you to litter if they tell you to put out your cigarette when not even near any ash trays?

Yeah, one shouldn't expect to have to pick it back up once it is distinguished since it can just maybe burn still. Plus, one should not have to just get your hands messy with a mashed on cigarette or even then get germy hands once it had contact with the ground.

But why do you think cops allow one their cigarette littering at least?

I thought littering was illegal with no acceptions. Where in the law in the U.S. or in the police task is it written that cigarettes one is allowed to litter? And if a cop tells you to drop your cig and put it out, then can you get that cop in trouble with the law for extorting you to break the law?

Maybe one's case can get thrown out or charges dropped if a cop arresting you breaks the law by making you break the law. Maybe by that the cop can get deemed a crooked cop.

And also, what about the biodegradable/enviornmentally friendly stuff... Can one throw it anywhere on the ground in a city since it is says it is biodegradable/enviormentally friendly?

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Notice in many cases a cop wants you to litter if they tell you to put out your cigarette when not even near any ash trays?

LOL, does this happen often? Why do consistently smoke in areas where its prohibited?

Yeah, one shouldn't expect to have to pick it back up once it is distinguished since it can just maybe burn still. Plus, one should not have to just get your hands messy with a mashed on cigarette or even then get germy hands once it had contact with the ground.

LOL, really? You must be really paranoid. Are you sure its just cigs yer smokin?

I thought littering was illegal with no acceptions. Where in the law in the U.S. or in the police task is it written that cigarettes one is allowed to litter? And if a cop tells you to drop your cig and put it out, then can you get that cop in trouble with the law for extorting you to break the law?

If you have enough time on yer hands to attempt to get a cop in trouble over a cig butt, then seriously find a new hobby other than smoking in front of cops.

Maybe one's case can get thrown out or charges dropped if a cop arresting you breaks the law by making you break the law. Maybe by that the cop can get deemed a crooked cop.

LOL....this whole post is killin me. The idea that cop would be labeled crooked for tricking you into littering a cig is beyond absurd. Charges dropped? LOL Like yer gonna have a trial over a cig! LOL

And also, what about the biodegradable/enviornmentally friendly stuff... Can one throw it anywhere on the ground in a city since it is says it is biodegradable/enviormentally friendly?

Thats actually crossed my mind once of twice. Not sure if it's illegal, I imagine it is since everything is technically biodegradable. Some things just take a few million more years to break down than others. If I happen to have a "biodegradable" substance then I usually just toss it, but I don't do it right at a cops feet like some people.....LOL

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

When i was in high school not long ago (2 years about) cops would actually ticket us for throwing our ciggaretes on the ground and even spitting.

It wasnt as if we gave the cops a hard time for anything but still they would come out of nowhere and give whoever they wanted a ticket since there was no ashcan where everyone smoked.

It belive it all depends on that specific regions budget. If they cant afford to take down the big drug dealers they have to resort to give tickets to kids for spitting.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Have we seen an increase of police officers forcing people to throw their cigarettes on the ground in the exact spot where they stand lately? And if so, isn't the most probably reason that people are smoking in prohibited areas?

I'm not sure what your gripe here is.

Did a big mean officer make you put your cigarette out?

new topics

top topics

join