It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Daniel's Prophecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have been reading Daniels prophecies and most of the time I understand them. I thought it would be good to start a discussion on his prophecies.

To start with I will start with this prophecies that I was hoping help with.

Daniel 9 v 20-27
The Seventy "Sevens"
20 While I was speaking and praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel and making my request to the LORD my God for his holy hill- 21 while I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice. 22 He instructed me and said to me, "Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding. 23 As soon as you began to pray, an answer was given, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Therefore, consider the message and understand the vision:
24 "Seventy 'sevens' [c] are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish [d] transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy. [e]
25 "Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree [f] to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, [g] the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. [h] The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' [j] he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. [k] " [l]

What I understand about this scripture is that Daniel is prophecies about stopping sin and remaking Jerusalem. What I don't understand is what is The Seventy "Sevens" or seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens

remember it said

24 "Seventy 'sevens' [c] are decreed for your people

help and understanding thanks and Godbless

[edit on 12-12-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I hope you don't mind me suggesting to you a book that explains the book of Daniel in a very clear way. It's published by Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm a JW, but the book is not only for JW's. I think you could really benefit from it and it's FREE!

The title of the book is: Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy!

For information on how to get a free copy go to:www.watchtower.org...

The book of Daniel is one of my favorite Biblical books. It's so relevant to our times!!!! Understanding it is crucial IMO

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I went tot the site and they're asking on the site if I want a copy to go to the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses. do you think you can find a number for San Jose CA so I can ask for one. Matter yet. Sents you a JW do you think you can find me a copy and send it to me. I would apppreate it!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
oops, sorry this post was meant for another thread

[edit on 13-12-2008 by holywar]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Yes, I'll get you a copy on Sunday and mail it to you on Monday. Don't worry about the shipping cost

How do you want to forward me your mailing address?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
here's a thought:

And on the seventh day he rested. The seven or seventh day has become associated with the "holy day" or "sabith" day. It could be taken as a particular holy day, and/or as a number of sabath days and/or a period of time.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Holy i sent you a U2U thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This passage prophesied the death of the Messiah (who would later be Jesus Christ) to the very year.

Seventy 'sevens' is an idiom for a set of seven years. So seventy sets of seven years (490 years) would be the total fulfillment of this. It's a peak-to-peak prophecy, with the Messiah being 'cut off' (another idiom, meaning murdered or killed) at the end of 69 sevens. The final 'seven' is the tribulation. We're in the time gap of the church age between the 69th and 70th week. The 70th week begins at the signing of the convent between the Antichrist and Israel.

Here is an article I wrote about it (scroll down to the timing by year):
www.thedevineevidence.com...

And here is a video another member here, Bigwhammy, made on the subject:

[edit on 12/13/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I also notice alot of the use in Daniel like 3 time 3 and 3 score or something like that I don't have a bible to put scripture But later today I will put more Daniel scriptures for discussion.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

That's just King James English. Translation issues.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Are you saying that the 666 thing is the same as 333 thing??? That would make sents because I have KJV and a NIV and when I went throw Daniel I swore it said 333 thing first. When I went to NIV 666 lol Cant believe I didnt see that one. LOL Thanks

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I would recommend not going to the Watchtower site, it's Jehovah's Witnesses and Masonic in nature...

The 70 7's is the total of the Jewish hold on the Gospel, the 62 7's is one 7 year period short of the 70 7's.

Now let me explain, Daniel was telling the Jews when they would go back and rebuild the Temple, when they would get their Messiah, when they would Kill their Messiah and when the Gospel/Word would be removed from them and given to the Christians. If you read further you will get the whole prophecy of 1260 years...

The 70 weeks or 490 years as one day is a year in prophecy are the first 490 years of the 1260 year prophecy, this prophecy didn't start as told in Daniel until the rebuilding of the Temple Order which Historians have.

Here is the 69 7's - Date of Messiah's teaching start

then Messiah is cut off at 69 1/2 7's so his ministry was 3 and 1/2 years before he was hung

the full 490 years or 70 7's is the date that the Apostles fled Jerusalem because they Stoned Steven for teaching Christ's teaching...

Many so called Protestant Churches teach dispensationalism which is made up by John Darby, in 1833, this is where the supposed Rapture comes from the teachings of. All wrong if you read Daniel in context and in History.

the first 490 years of the 1260 years was given to the Jews and some churches take that last week off and add it to he end, NOWHERE in Daniel's Books does he say to take 7 years off and add it to the end...

the Prophecies of Daniel all cam true EXACTLY as Prophesied so far. Daniel does talk about the end and the reign of the Anti-Christ but the time of him is only 5 and 1/2 MONTHS not years as Jesus said in several Places...

Hope this helped!

[edit on 12/15/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
the Prophecies of Daniel all cam true EXACTLY as Prophesied so far. Daniel does talk about the end and the reign of the Anti-Christ but the time of him is only 5 and 1/2 MONTHS not years as Jesus said in several Places...
Hope this helped!

I got to look at some scriptures to respond or question the rest of your post. But for this post can you list scripture that proves that its not years but months????? please Just carouse. God bless.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Surely I would love to give you the verses and information... Also there is much good teachings on this subject available online in video lectures by Dr. Walter Veith in his Total Onslaught Series on Google...

Mt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

Mr 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect’s sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

I MAY HAVE MISQUOTED FROM MEMORY - It appears it is 5 months not 5 and 1/2 - Sorry my memory sucks from back pain medication...

Re 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

Re 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

And to show the Rapture isn't Biblical let's see what Jesus Said in Mark about the gatehring of his elect and WHEN it would happen...

Mark 23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
24 ¶ But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yes exactly.

In Revelation dealing with '666,' The KJV phrases it as 'Six hundred threescore and six.' The NIV and other modern translations phrases it as 'His number is 666.' Both are the same thing: 666. It's just modern English vs. Old English.

Same thing as Daniel, only the number is not 333 like you mention. In the KJV it is actually stated as 'seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks' while the NIV and other modern translations state 'seven sevens and sixty-two sevens.' It's also the same thing: 69 total sets of 'sevens' (seven years).

The Old English is more confusing since most people won't know the amount of a 'score,' which is equal to 20.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ashley then I am confused why has they changed number in the other versions. Better yet what does the Greek and Hebrew say?????"

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The numbers weren't changed, just the English used to represent those numbers. For instance, 10 can be represented as:

X
..... .....

Etc. But the value is the same. Three score is the same as 60. As for the Greek and Hebrew, I can't reproduce the characters but both Greek and Hebrew are 'alpha numeric' languages where the same characters representing numbers are also used to represent the alphabet. Let's use Roman numerals as an example since it's the most common. 'X' is a letter as well as the number signifying a value of ten.

But I assure you, the actual ammount was not changed in the English translations.

'Six hundred, three score, and six' is saying 600, 60, and six, therefore 666. It's the same number, just represented with language differently.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The reason this is done in the KJV is so no one can mistake the numbers, they give them each three ways.

3 and 1/2 years is 1260 days - A day for a year

70 weeks (a day for a year) is 490 years and is cut off in the beginning of the 1260

I should post the part of the Bible that says in Prophecies a day is a year.

Eze 4:6 And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year. [each…: Heb. a day for a year, a day for a year]

And the part that says the first 70 are all together and given unto the Jews...

Da 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. [finish: or, restrain] [make an…: or, seal up] [prophecy: Heb. prophet]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ok I will post the next Daniel Prophecies to talk about that I am carious about.

bible quote
Daniel's Dream of Four Beasts
Daniel 7 v 19-25
19 "Then I wanted to know the true meaning of the fourth beast, which was different from all the others and most terrifying, with its iron teeth and bronze claws—the beast that crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. 20 I also wanted to know about the ten horns on its head and about the other horn that came up, before which three of them fell—the horn that looked more imposing than the others and that had eyes and a mouth that spoke boastfully. 21 As I watched, this horn was waging war against the saints and defeating them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom.

23 "He gave me this explanation: 'The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. 24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. 25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time. [a]

My question is what kingdom is this fourth kingdom. Who are the ten kings of what kingdoms?? God bless

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The fourth Kingdom is going to be the Antichrist's one world end times government. Contrary to the others that dominated most of the known world, the AC's government will be the most powerful and will completely encompass the entire world. The prophecy alludes to this by stating how this government will be different than the rest and will devour the whole earth. Compare this to other scripture, mostly in the New Testament, which makes it clear this will be a true one-world government.

And no one precisely knows who the ten kings/kingdoms are but if I had to GUESS, it would be ten divisions of the earth under the Antichrist. For instance, think of our 50 united states under one federal government. Likewise, the earth could possibly be divided up into ten zones/sectors (kingdoms) and led by ten leaders (kings) that all report to the head (the Antichrist).

If I am correct, it will be something like this. The nations have already been divided up into ten sectors by the club of Rome and here is an actual diagram of their divisions. We may be closer than we think:

top topics

join