It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING GM plans to shut down all plants in 01/09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is from a telex read on CBC news......in Toronto, Canada.

I will type it.

How are things looking down at the TSX?

Jeanie "Huuuh??Danial, first i should tell you about some headlines we are seeing here.....The Canadian Auto Workers union Official as said on TV that he has been told by General Motors Canada that all operations in North America at GM will be shut for the entire month of January ...

She goes on to report that Canada will shut down for two months in 2009. Jan. 09 and Feb 09

[edit on 12-12-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Good now get rid of the UAW and then file chapter 11 so they can restructure and come back leaner and meaner.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
OK Here is a source.

GM to shut down during January

GM to shut down during January

Automaker says all operations will be closed during the month

TORONTO — A Canadian Auto Workers official says General Motors has told him today it is shutting down every one of its operations in North America for the entire month of January.

Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222, told CTV Newsnet that GM has announced its car plants in Oshawa, Ont., east of Toronto will shut down for the entire month of January and the first two weeks of February.

Buckley says the union has been asking Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his government to send GM, Ford and Chrysler a strong signal they understand the crisis — and that they want to be part of the solution.

But he says they continue to sit back and see what happens in the United States.

Buckley says what happened in the U.S. last night is absolutely devastating.

www.winnipegsun.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Exactly. These Unions are making far too much. I am a regional sales manager for a $5+ million region and I don't even make what some of these auto workers do.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by KnoxMSP

Yep..Those greedy American workers. Oh...at least they work rather then sitting behind a desk leeching off of the workers. lol

The market seems to have shrugged off the news.

Flahartey, or whatever his name his says not to panic.

The CTV news lady seems very shaken, her voice is shakey. edit Make it the CBC lady.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Yep..Those greedy American workers. Oh...at least they work rather then sitting behind a desk leeching off of the workers. lol

Well I love my country and I'm as patriotic as the next guy.

But I feel that if they keep doing business as usual then let them fall.

I think it's time for the unions to go they were needed back in the day but I feel they have outlived their usefulness; we have laws and regulations now.

Auto bailout of the big 3

UAW

Chapter 11

Restructuring

Build- Better looking, More fuel efficient, More reliable vehicles

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

But I feel that if they keep doing business as usual then let them fall.

Yea.. my comment was meant as a stab at those in Congress/House/leaders of the UAW and the Execs at the big three. They sit, talk, eat, drink, fly around the world while families are wondering how in the hell they are going to make it through Christmas.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Please add to existing thread : Here

Thanks

thread closed.

top topics

join