It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Musko" - Underground naval base in Sweden, pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Musko is probably the largest underground military facility in Sweden. It's a naval base mainly built under a mountain of rocksolid granite. It is impossible to destroy the base with any kind of bunker buster or nuclear weapon

Including 8 pictures -

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Great find! I'm very impressed. Where did the photos come from?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Wow a diamond amongst the rough.

Where and how did you receive this lovely gem of info.

Im sure there are other bases like this all over coastal europe.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

did anyone else notice this from that linked site, a dog "gives birth to a mutant creature" english.pravda.ru...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
look at the mutant this dog gave birth to from the russian site you linked
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Great base except for one problem.

It can be closed with one weapon a nuclear sea mine.

Just drop one a few hundred yards out from the entrance and no one can go in or out unless they want to become vaporized.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
exactly ...what I was thinking. I dont believe many of you are on the ball here. I remember a post about the Chinese having such a base on some island in the China Sea. Was thinking the same. A few heavy hits at the entrance and nothing gets in or out. If they are somehow able to open it with some speed...hit it again at the entrance.

The best place for survivability of a ship or sub it out at sea. What are some of you thinking??

Orangetom

[edit on 14-12-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Pretty thrifty for a WWII type base, but hardly nuclear survivable.
If nobody knew it was there it would be ok, but otherwise it could be either sealed up or breached with ease if one was to want to.
There couldnt be more that 50' of granite above the roof, not quite a mountain.
Even back in the eighties NORAD knew that Cheyene mountain would be breached eventualy, it would just take a little longer, a few minutes.
The Soviets deployed a warhead that was called a digger, im not sure what the actual designation was, but diggers were hardened warheads, around 100kt in yield.
These warheads would penetrate 10-15' into solid rock before detonating, and could carve out a 50-100' deep and several hudred foot wide crater in solid rock.
There would be mulitple warheads from different launch vehicles targeted at the same spot, but they would arrive at succesive times, with a several minute lag between each detonation.
And with an accuracy of 50' each warhead would land in the crater of the one before it.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Awesome photos!

I'm sure the US has bases like this in the Appalichian mountains. (Non-Naval, Of course).

new topics

top topics

join