It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The S has HTF in Canada-Must Read

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

I live in Alberta too, in the middle of no where, seriously, and even out here this past year there has been a tremendous increase in police presence. I read about a year ago on the net that this was going to beging happening, and now it is evident.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Do you have any futher proof of more police presence? Are you in oil patch country? Pipelines nearby......Tell us more especially location

reply to post by Avalon Child

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I did hear about this a few days ago, I think the BBC was reporting on Canada Parliament being suspended?

I was in Holland last weekend and this was all over BBC. Don't know anything about protests though.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I live near Toronto and I barely see the police
let alone any military at all.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb
[I would not be surprised it the US decides to take a few of Canada's provinces, namely the food and oil producing ones. ]

Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba are contenders

The Europeans wouldn't stand for it... unless they're traitors and part of the 'deal'

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Though it is very relevant that the worlds global financial meltdown thus far does seem to effectively move in swathes of turmoil and democratic deconstruction of the PTB. I have read through a majority of the posted articles of interest, there does seem to be a dilemma for the Canadians, but I don't see a bearing factor for absolute economic fallout. They have some problem's with certain individuals that wan to initiate their own ways of thinking and concluding to problems, even if the individuals seem to be in affiliation with the so called NWO, the USA populations wouldn't stand for such atrocities and we would be heard for the side of the "Common Wealth" of the Canadians and not some uppity Parliament guy trying to pull the wool over the US's or even the Canadians eye's.

As the Conservatives feverishly cobble together a budget they've conceded will produce some form of deficit, government is in limbo with the Liberals, NDP and Bloc holding 163 seats in Parliament to the Conservatives' 143.

www.upi.com...

And as far as the represented seats of the possible vote outcome, there may be "Big" changes in the seating oppositions arrangement.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by warrenb
[I would not be surprised it the US decides to take a few of Canada's provinces, namely the food and oil producing ones. ]

The Europeans wouldn't stand for it... unless they're traitors and part of the 'deal'

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by warrenb

HMMM....North North Dakota!!!

Seriosly though, I see several Cannucks here saying they see NO military presence. I need to see reports of that other than this e-mail. I saw this read as an "e-mail: from a "friend" as a vid clip on a different site. Needs to other, independent confirmation, not just a viral spam e-mail.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by WSPfan]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I had always thought it was not a good idea to put in a stimulus package until one knew EXACTLY what the fallout would be.

And we only need to look south and east to see what a failure THAT is.

Could it be, that Harper suspended parliament so that he wouldn't HAVE to come up with a stimulus plan that the 'coalition' parties kept harping on? (no pun intended).

I get the impression that the liberal and ndp are desperate for a stimulus package 'cause that's what every other country seems to be doing. With no apparent luck.

Just my loonie's worth.

Edit: I'm in Vancouver BC and there is NO increased military presence. And I'm surprised since you'd think they'd be practicing for the Olympics in 14 months.

[edit on 2008/12/12 by juniperberry]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Never going to happen.

Canada kills with kindness! The guilt soldiers would feel invading this country be so overwhelming, they'd just drop dead. This is why we don't waste insane amounts of tax dollars on our forces.

Even if a few managed to survive, they would have to face our secret army from our secret alliance with the chinese mwhahahaha! Our colleges are already filled with the secret chinese soldiers just waiting for the command.

Anyway, you guys know that Canada is the puppet master of this planet right?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Canada regularly runs mil-games. There are plenty of reservists, and they occassionally get some extra training.

The PM is not the equivalent of the President. The Prime Minister has far more sweeping powers than any President.

The PM did not close government session. He requested it. The Governor General closed the session.

The Governor General's position is generally regarded as a title only. However, while it isn't usually used in a powerful way doesn't in any way mean that it is not a powerful position. The power's are merely not used. The closest equivalent to the GG's basic normal diplomatic use in the USA would be Condolezza Rice's position.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Further - Canada doesn't NEED a stimulus package. Unlike the USA we already went through our "readjustement" economic phase. Our banks did not have the same problems as the lack of regulation in the USA.

The stimulus package ideals are being pushed by manufacturing sector that doesn't want to re-tool and wants to continue being rewarded for really bad decisions and even worse marketing. A little market spanking is in order to get their heads out of their asses.

People here are buying fewer LARGE gas guzzlers. Big surprise. However as overall sales go they are still buy about the same amount - in cars. Duh. Apparently the ONLY people who didn't realize how stupid this Big-Freakin-Gas-Guzzling-BS is was the auto execs.

Canada, unlike any of the other nations effected, is very well insulated from the problems that occured. Unlike what you hear all the time, Canada isn't completely dependent on the USA. This downturn proves it too. And it proves out what Paul Martin said - our economy acts like a small Asian economy. Without the corruption.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The original poster doesn't understand how Canadian Government functions.

Canada is a constitutional monarchy that is also a parliamentary democracy. The head of state in Canada is the Queen who is represented by the Governor General. The sovereign (the queen) or her viceroy (governor general) open and close Parliament. When Parliament is not sitting no new Governmental business can be transacted. Only those items that had were approved in the house and the senate prior to the end of a government's session (Parliament sits once a year and is opened and closed by the Governor General), or in the most recent case prorogation).

Therefore, the idea that our Prime Minister can now do what he wants is entirely false! He has no power to enact any new laws or programs what so ever.

He also has no power to direct the military in any fashion since the head of state for the country is the Monarch (remember the queen governor general thing) and is the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, who swear an oath of allegiance to her. Have you ever noticed that military personnel do not salute the Prime Minister and do Salute the Governor General? (the Prime Minister does get salutes from police forces such as the RCMP).

Senator Eugene Forsey has provided a comprehensive explanation of how the Canadian Government functions at this website. www.parl.gc.ca...

There is no clandestine conspiracy here folks!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Oh that's right! We made arrangements an entire YEAR ago to ensure that we rode this out with less damage than it would have been.

This is why Harper doesn't appear to be 'moving'. It's 'cause he doesn't HAVE to and any further 'fixes' may only exacerbate the problem.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Further - Canada doesn't NEED a stimulus package. Unlike the USA we already went through our "readjustement" economic phase. Our banks did not have the same problems as the lack of regulation in the USA.

The stimulus package ideals are being pushed by manufacturing sector that doesn't want to re-tool and wants to continue being rewarded for really bad decisions and even worse marketing. A little market spanking is in order to get their heads out of their asses.

People here are buying fewer LARGE gas guzzlers. Big surprise. However as overall sales go they are still buy about the same amount - in cars. Duh. Apparently the ONLY people who didn't realize how stupid this Big-Freakin-Gas-Guzzling-BS is was the auto execs.

Canada, unlike any of the other nations effected, is very well insulated from the problems that occured. Unlike what you hear all the time, Canada isn't completely dependent on the USA. This downturn proves it too. And it proves out what Paul Martin said - our economy acts like a small Asian economy. Without the corruption.

Canada has recession proof type economy. It's a lot of raw materials.

Anyone stating the US would invade Canada is over the deep end.

Also why is the US the bad guy here? Our government got away from the central bank NWO people for at least awhile. The Canadians have always been under the thumb of these people.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashodi
I live in the capital where this is going down, and I can tell you there is no protests and no military whatsoever here.

yes but he said western Canada (left). my guess is near Edmonton or Calgary. can anyone conferm this (i live in edmonton, havent seen any military, but i work a night shift so i am asleep most of the day)

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
New Brunswick Canada here , all bases quiet and closed bases still inactive , no active protests , No real action ever happens here though . Have been watching.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
which city do you live in in western canada? is it Juneau? jk, but seriously what city has the military buildup taken place in?

PLEASE NEED TO KNOW NOW OR ASAP

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokecrops
which city do you live in in western canada? is it Juneau? jk, but seriously what city has the military buildup taken place in?

Juneau? Did Canada invade Alaska all of a sudden?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Now this is something I can believe. The method behind his madness. I really couldn't see how he would have just gotten in as a minority government yet again, and then pretty much did a move to fold his government.

If what you're saying is true, then we can expect some major event very soon for them to capitalize on their martial law crap.

This means, to me, the fight is on. Bring it!!!!! THE PEOPLE WILL PREVAIL. NWO DIES NOW!!!!

As you can see, this stuff makes me angry, and I'm thinking a bullhorn like David Jones uses will be my next purchase.

The very reason it is happening in the first place, because of emotionally irrational unstable folks across the globe.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join