It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Dreams

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I've had the 'falling off a cliff and going splat' dream.
I just woke up and went back to sleep.( I did hit the
ground) I've also been shot ,one handgun wound in
a dream and the bullet wound felt warm.

S.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i had a dream once where my throat was cut, i could feel the blood gushing out of my neck, it was horrible, yet it felt so real

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I dreamed I was in a sword fight and by best friend came out of nowwhere and stabbed me in the back with a dagger, woke up pulled it out and I was fine.

God

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There may be some truth buried in this actually....

I had a dream once about a soccer game. My dreams are always weird where I get to switch back and forth between different things/scenes.
First of all I knew something bad was going to happen at the soccer game. But I wasn't at the actual game. I was just watching it.(not on tv, it's had to explain) I was at my house waiting for the # to go down. Someone was going to drop a big ass bomb (nuclear maybe) and they did. I see a big white flash at the field and that's the last time I switch to the soccer game scene. I'm now at my house and I knew the bomb went off. Nothing happens at first, but all of a sudden there's very violent shaking and my ears start ringing (very loud). I see the same white flash... then I feel pressure of some sort....and then nothing.

It's hard to explain. Not nothing like "blackness" just like missing time from that point of the dream until I woke up... but when I did wake it felt like it happened a really long time ago. Something like not being concious at all... but you'd expect for someone to wake up after dreaming something like that.

The screwed up thing to all of this is when I wake up my ears were ringing and I felt the same pressure from the dream. It was all so real to me that I was thinking to myself: OH @#$@ I made it, I survived!!! My first reaction was to call around to see if anyone else survived.( I realized before I made the phone calls thank god LOL) It didn't dawn on me for a couple of minutes that it was all just a dream. Usually you realize it was a dream a few seconds after you wake up. I even caught myself later on in the day almost asking people, "Hey did you hear about that nuclear bomb at the soccer game."

Weirdness.

Anyways, my point to this long boring description of my dream is this: I don't think I actually died in real life (for a few minutes) because of my death in the dream. Or that my body "shut down". I think the reason I went into that "nothing" sensation is because my (in the dream) brain knew that the bomb blast would kill me in real life. What my brain doesn't know is what really happens when we die. Because my brain couldn't concieve an actual death... it made up one... it just put me back into a dreamless state.

Or something like that. That could describe what people mean by the "shutting down" statement. Sorry this was so long... I tend to rant a bit when talking about dreams... because they are so difficult to explain.

?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndridCold
I remember someone saying a long time ago something about how while your dreaming and if you die in your dream like fall of a building and splat your mind thinks your really dead so your body just shuts down. ? I dont think this is true at all but anyone ever heard of this?

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by John bull 1]

(I know this thread has been idle for awhile, but I am fascinated by these types of dreams so I had to reply.)

I've had many dreams where I've actually died while in the dream state. Actually I have felt my soul leave my physical body during some of these horrific death dreams. I can tell you that there is a thin veil between life and 'after-life'...

But guess what? I'm still alive (I think).

I personally believe that when one dreams of death, especially their own, it is the subconscious telling us that change is about to occur or NEEDS to occur.

I've dreamt that other people have died... and they did die usually within the year [spoooooky]

Hope I've said something useful..

AngelIC

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I've dreamed that I've been killed only once, I took a wrong turn into a dead end street and some dudes used bats to break my windows and hit me over the head, I then woke up.

A technique I use when I am having a nightmare and my life is endanger or I am being chased by a monster/demon (or whatever), I close my eyes in the dream real tight and it takes me into another dream. It works everytime, except for the above dream.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
strange, I have never had a dream where I actually died, I guess somewhere in my head I dont want to die, so that in a way prevents "death" from happening in my dreams. Although I have "seen" many events in my dreams I seem to have yet to actually get hurt. Its like I am almost always an observer.

Now on the other hand I have had plenty real dreams that felt like they were actually happening, getting speeding tickets, fooling around with a women other then my wife, fooling around with a women who is a complete stranger, fooling around with an ex but in a setting that is unknown yet real. Getting arrested, getting into a fight, getting caught doing something I was not supposed to, etc. And all of these when I wake up momentarily I realize I am in my bed where I am supposed to be and that the events in my dream did not happen. Then I usually go back to sleep and either the dream picks up for a few moments and then abruptly ends.

Maybe for me this is the end of the line, no more rebirth. I think its possible to have past lives and at some point you are no longer reborn. This is dependant upon how old your soul is. The younger you are (soul wise) I think the more adapt you are at coping with "death" knowing that you will be coming back around to fullfill your souls mission. Where old souls have to cram everything in on this journey because there is no more coming back. And this makes me sad, sad to know that you will never feel the wind on your face, or the taste of your favorite food, or the sent of a beautiful women, or the soft touch of her skin. This makes you appreciate all life, whether an innocent bug or animal or a delicate plant.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I shot myself in the head with an AWP sniper rifle ;P
didn't die.

I knew it was a dream though.

Ummm..

But yeah i've died a few times in dreams, and come close to dying many other times. I like it. I think it's funny and makes the dream more enjoyable ;P

You wake up and think. I died again, and crack up laughing

I cracked up laughing mega wheni shot myself in the head with the AWP. I only did it coz FINALLY one of the d00dz i was shooting at became too good and i couldn't defeat him, so it was either let him keep slashing me playfully, teasingly, with an AWP while i couldn't get good enoughof a sho to kill him, and then die, or...dont let him kill me and me myself kill myself just out of spite to him. So aiming to my head... SPLAT!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join