It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we in something that is ALIVE??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xseanxxxthomasx

I can say with 100% certainty that we do not now, nor will we ever (in this life) have the true answer. Dr. Joseph Campbell once asked a minister how he could be so certain that his religion was the "truth". The minister said, "Well, not all religions can be right!" Dr Campbell replied, "Thats true, but they can all be wrong!"

Perhaps, if there is a "next life", that is where the truth shall be revealed. If there is no "life" after death, then, that is a truth in itself!

I believe that there is more, but I have only my thoughts, my own kind of logic, that tells me this. It is very probable that I am deluding myself, but it helps me get through the day.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Have you ever read Michael Talbot's "The Holographic Universe"? He does a great job of explaining his theory that just like a hologram, the whole contains itself in every fragment. Like a holographic plate that is dropped and broken into a thousand pieces, each piece contains a miniature copy of the original image on the plate. So it is that each grain of sand contains a perfect copy of the universe, you just have to look deep enough to see it. this is also an example of Eastern Philosophy. the Macro is reflected in the Micro.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I would like to say sorry for not posting but i was banned for posting in a manner that was not correct.

So i shall say sorry and thank you to the mods who did there job in a correct manner..

My bad!

Ok now let me state something here... The event horizon "look it up" is for me the ODD ness in life becouse its both small and big at the same time..

We are so small and so big we ARE the event horzion in many ways and to see life "yes im alive" or the universe is the same thing!!!

If we see it all around us "loops" infinity symmitry ect then we are indeed in something alive.

In what? I cant not tell you that. I Just know that we are indeed IN IT.. this is my point..

and as for maths, The reason we can not answer why we are here is becouse maths comes second to what we are asking..

What I mean by that is there is something that CREATED MATHS!!! yeah that was humans right after many moons of human evloution..

Well no we didnt.. the universe did becouse it made us it CALCULATED US so thefor it calcualted maths..

There is another way to figure out what we are in and im pointing to some kind of DNA here if that makes sens

See picture i posted "very simple" but gets the point across somewhat about the dna behind the structure of what it is we are in.

Like mapping the human genome we need to do this with the universe, maths will help us find it "the thing the universe is doing" but maths will never answer the question of why

DNA vs MATHS ^^)

hope that helps

keep it coming people

[edit on 19-12-2008 by theresult]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopup Dave

Im aware of it, and in ways I do agree but the important thing here

Is a hologram alive? no its not its just light lol

Im alive tho and so is the universe.. becouse if indeed we here then we are just a relfection of what? or apart of what?

Its about the question.... and thats LIFE, Life Self replicated it just like he said but im telling u that hologram he speaks of

IS ALIVE just like you.. i tried to simplfy it there but you get my point i hope.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by Hopup Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I see I posted the above reply after theresults said he did not use mathematics to come to a conclusion, so my question above is moot!
this then becomes a philosophical conclusion.

----------------------------------------------------

The birth of the universe and it's growth and development can be equated to the birth of a living thing. And that comes back to my previous post, which , condensed, says life is the way the universe becomes self-aware.

Yes it has become self aware and what are we? we are alive that means its alive.. its hard to understand what it is im trying to say but read what you said "THE BIRTH" .. you are more correct than you know

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I think we are saying the same thing, arriving at the same conclusion by using different means. Einstein arrived at his theories through thought and then proceeded to prove them through mathematics. He would visualize the problem while going on long walks, or doing chores. His mind was always working. In a sense, he was meditating while busying himself with daily tasks. I do this most effectively when I am painting, drawing or sculpting. I rarely think of what I am doing with my hands, they seem to have a mind of their own. You use math to help visualize.

The universe is like a large, many roomed mansion. This life we lead is in but one room. We are locked in that room until death opens the door to another room. Sometimes I think the room that death opens for me will probably be the bathroom!_javascript:icon('
')

My best friend just died Sunday night. He was a Lutheran minister. We used to meet every week for lunch and heavy discussion with another friend. I am the agnostic with a spiritual bent, he was the Christian and the third guy is the atheist, and all three of us are artists. Many lively discussion over the years that I will miss most deeply.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Im sorry to hear of your friends passing

And we I agree we do think alike, trying to say it is still hard becouse I know I can prove it but then I do wonder "will anything change?" and it wont maybe it will change me ??

But at the same time I know Im doing this becouse im asking the right question, im a humble kinda guy and its not a quest to know everything its just understanding for me, i care not for god or the end or the begining of things i leave that to others.

and thanks dave for taking the time to give your thoughts on this matter and doing it in a manner i very much respect sir

Thank you

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MakeSoap
My parents had to take me to see a psychiatrist back when I was 20 because I suddenly "realized" that I was living on a planet which existed in a galaxy which was in a universe that existed on a cell that was somewhere on my own body. Not only was I a small being living on this GIANT existing organism, I also WAS the giant organism on which I existed. I was God, I created everything in my mind, when I died so did everyone and everything else, existence began with my birth, and that's how infinity worked.

I try not to think about that so much these days. I doubt I'm right.

as my mother put it to me tons of times your right , its a scary thought but your right

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by onfiregirl20

and the thing is.. if you follow maths thats what its telling you.. lol

Thats why maths is a load of balls

we dont live on something that lasts for ever.. It you to small and stupid to understand WE DIE..

we can go on and on and on and on for a very long time BEING ALIVE... but to BE ALIVE.. well leave that alone its not even a real question lol

there IS an end.. not for it JUST YOU... oh and me

have a nice day

[edit on 6-1-2009 by theresult]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
You are talking about The All.

We are inside it, and we are a part of it. We are it. It all equals 0NE.

1 + 1 = 1
1 + 2 = 1
4 X 9 = 1
4 / 8 = 1

Get my drift?

I like to think that we are the flashes of light God is dreaming in his mental image.

Just like a human brain, except replace the neurons with stars and planets.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

yes we are if you want to put it like that,

i want to know the code to maths tho not god.. god is not even on my radar .. maths is tho or what makes maths work ; )

Im crazy i know..

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ok I had to place this here.. mods orders

maths

en.wikipedia.org...

A number (i.e., integer) expressed in the decimal numeral system is even or odd according to whether its last digit is even or odd. That is, if the last digit is 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9, then it's odd; otherwise it's even. The same idea will work using any even base. In particular, a number expressed in the binary numeral system is odd if its last digit is 1 and even if its last digit is 0. In an odd base, the number is even according to the sum of its digits - it is even if and only if the sum of its digits is even.

looping

en.wikipedia.org...

Pi is an irrational number, which means that it cannot be expressed as a fraction m/n, where m and n are integers. Consequently its decimal representation never ends or repeats. It is furthermore a transcendental number, which means that no finite sequence of algebraic operations on integers (powers, roots, sums, etc.) could ever produce it. Throughout the history of mathematics, much effort has been made to determine p more accurately and understand its nature; fascination with the number has even carried over into culture at large

bioligy

en.wikipedia.org...

An embryo (from Greek: ?µß????, plural ?µß??a, lit. "that which grows," from en- "in" + bryein "to swell, be full") is a multicellular diploid eukaryote in its earliest stage of development, from the time of first cell division until birth, hatching, or germination. In humans, it is called an embryo from the moment of implantation until the end of the 8th week, whereafter it is instead called a fetus.

DNA

en.wikipedia.org...

Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is a nucleic acid that contains the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms and some viruses. The main role of DNA molecules is the long-term storage of information. DNA is often compared to a set of blueprints or a recipe, or a code, since it contains the instructions needed to construct other components of cells, such as proteins and RNA molecules

elements

en.wikipedia.org...

The term is also used to refer to a pure chemical substance composed of atoms with the same number of protons.[1] Common examples of elements are iron, copper, silver, gold, hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, and oxygen. In total, 117 elements have been observed as of 2008,

symmetry

en.wikipedia.org...(biology)

Symmetry in biology is the balanced distribution of duplicate body parts or shapes. The body plans of most multicellular organisms exhibit some form of symmetry, either radial symmetry or bilateral symmetry or glide symmetry. A small minority exhibit no symmetry (are asymmetric).

In nature and biology, symmetry is approximate. For example, plant leaves, while considered symmetric, will rarely match up exactly when folded in half.

part 2

en.wikipedia.org...

Molecular symmetry is a fundamental concept in chemistry, as it can predict or explain many of a molecule's chemical properties, such as its dipole moment and its allowed spectroscopic transitions (based on selection rules such as the Laporte rule). Virtually every university level textbook on physical chemistry, quantum chemistry, and inorganic chemistry devotes a chapter to symmetry

part 3

en.wikipedia.org...

A symmetry of a physical system is a physical or mathematical feature of the system (observed or intrinsic) that is "preserved" under some change.

The transformations may be continuous (such as rotation of a circle) or discrete (e.g., reflection of a bilaterally symmetric figure, or rotation of a regular polygon). Continuous and discrete transformations give rise to corresponding types of symmetries. Continuous symmetries can be described by Lie groups while discrete symmetries are described by finite groups (see Symmetry group). Symmetries are frequently amenable to mathematical formulation and can be exploited to simplify many problems.

enjoy..

and this post was becouse i was called a hoax.. Questions?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I dont think i could have said that better..

LOL

I use maths to show it ; )

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

mods orders?? that was not mods orders, why would they want the same thing plastered all over ats, I think I've read this 3 or 4 times so far

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iwishicould

dude no matter how much we dont connect.. i still love you

happy?

no im not gay but i feel you dont understand me and that makes me

when i try so hard to show you what im trying to say

mods orders = u2u from a mod saying just update one of the threads you made.. so i did

as i pointed out in our u2u i made it just for you.. but becouse its on the sme subject the mod felt it would be wise to add it to one of my on going threads and listed them

I added it and im trying to follow ats rules..

[edit on 9-1-2009 by theresult]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

All things exist inside this universe. Light, Dark, Good, Evil, everything is "inside" this huge space, most people call it God because it created us.

You are an observer, and everything you see with your eyes is light and dark. Everything you sense with your 5 main senses is also light energy in a different form.

This means all of your thoughts, opinions, ideas, all of them were inspired by light, and dark. Everyone who exists is inspired by the light, and the dark, that their eyes see.

If I asked someone a question that involves using their eyes to get the answer, they will be getting their answer from light and dark that is, and isn't, reflecting into their eyes.

What color is the sky?

You are getting your answer from the light, and the darkness, combined.

You are getting your answer from God, in a figure of speech.

Math is a multi-tool for measurement. When you count something, you are measuring. When you mathematically calculate something, you are measuring.

What is it you are measuring? Also, with what senses are you using to get your answers?

You are measuring the structure of The All. Think of "The All" like a "kingdom" or a "large city". Everyone is a "temple", including YOU. If you measure how tall YOU are with math and numbers, you are measuring a temple in the kingdom of God.

To understand math and science is to understand The All, and the dimensions, and measurements of The All that is.

This is how math was created, or so Ive read. Someone got the idea that "if God is perfect then everything can be calculated, predicted, and or reproduced mathematically", and so the universal equations began.

No matter what way you look at it, Math is the measurement of the universe that created US. So you are measuring our creator, a.k.a. God.

People always get the impression that God is an entity inside the universe like you and I, that is wrong. God is the universe.

The title of the thread is "Are we in something that is Alive??"... Yes, WE are the object that is alive. You, Me, Everyone and everything that "exists" is a part of The All, and since WE are alive, and WE are a part of The All, then we ARE living in something that is alive.

In a manner of speaking, Earth is "alive", and Earth is another pixel in the total picture of the universe that we live in.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Good etherians, to know that there is Awareness of This as Oneness, is such a wonderment.

ATS is unutterable, almost invariant Ignorance. I love the slogan, or motto: very dry wry humor: there is no denial on these boards: those who deny ignorance, quickly leave. I'm here to chase them away.

Now, back to the Topic at Hand.

It's Known as The WORD, nor is this symbol, or allegory, or make-believe. And It Is Alive.

Wow, that day in the Colo. Rocky Mountains sure was something: took the spotlight of Light Illusion off my Mind, and allowed me to See & Know The WORD. Thanks terrestrial alien naga being (namesake).

Watching everyone struggle through the maze of illusion can shock the SoulSelf, but it is needed. It's just icky black manured dirt, with little seeds (ideas awareness) struggling to awaken and grow in the Dual Light they Sense.

I suspect you feel this, theresult, for you have a cryptic way about you.

Whoops, time to water the seeds of Being...gotta go.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join