It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost in my house? Please read,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I had the most odd yet profound experience yesterday. I can't write very well so bear with me.

Let me preface by saying I consider myself to be one of the largest skeptics on this site and don't buy into most stories. I very often ridicule most accounts on here and well I guess here is your opportunity to do the same to me.

Yesterday 12/11/08 around 3PM PST, I was standing next to my kitchen table which has a chandelier hanging above. Nothing special about the chandelier its a 6 light 2 foot wide piece. My older son is sitting at the table doing his homework, he's in the 1st grade so we need to help him read the homework on what to do. My wife is also standing next to our son reviewing what he is doing. My younger son (2) is in an adjacent playroom watching elmo on TV.

I decide I want a cigarette so I walk to the kitchen counter about 20 feet away to take a cig out of the box, and my wife exclaims did you move the chandelier or bump it? I said no. I turn around and sure as heck the chandelier is moving in around 6 inch arc's. My wife and I look at each other and starting talkking about what in the heck could make the chandelier move. My wife is getting sorta creeped out, and I ponder a little bit, and wonder if perhaps anyone is upstairs. I go upstairs look in the 4 bedrooms, baths, etc. Nobody up stairs. come back down, the chandelier is still moving only it is slowing down like it should be. I have 3 other chandeliers in the house (2 downstairs and 1 upstairs), and no others are moving at all. So I rule out earthquake (i live in so california where quakes are pretty common). After 4 or 5 mins the chandelier is nearly stopped. My wife and I jokingly yet uneasy say its a ghost.

I decide to finally go outside and have my smoke. I am smoking just outside the french doors, they have pretty large windows so I can see my wife and son doing homework. I turn around and chuck the smoke in the steel bucket, turn back around and come back in. By now my wife has opened up the fridge I guess to see what perhaps she would like to make for dinner. When I come through the door, I notice the chandelier is moving yet again, only this time in much larger arc's. Maybe 8 inch arc's now. I am offically freaked out at this and scream my wifes name, she looks to me and she turns white and says, please tell me you moved the chandelier.

I retort back, I swear I didn't move the chandelier. At this point I have goose bumps all over my head, neck and arms. My older son understands whats going on, and says Daddy I think we have a ghost in the house and starts to cry. I take both kids and wife out to the front yard and we talk about what the heck has happened.

Anyway, I have tried duplicating the chandelier move by opening up the french doors, and slamming them, front door same thing, I even tried fanning the doors to see if wind/vacuum could do it, nope. Went up stairs and jumped up and down where directly beneath me is the chandelier. I checked the AC vents and when the AC is on it doesn't move the chandelier. Nothing I do can produce the chandelier to move.

Now, I don't believe in ghosts or other things, but perhaps I should rethink my stance on that. I absoultely have no idea how the chandelier could move on its own and am still freaked out. After living in this house for 5 years nothing like this or even remotely close has ever been observed.

Any thoughts? Thanks and take care,

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What you experienced is a ghost. AKA spirit of the dead. It doesn't mean it is an evil spirit, as long as you guys have never used a Ouija board or anything to "summon the dead" then it's probably a relative =].

Relatives often watch over their living family members the best that they can after they pass on. It can be a spooky thought but they certainly mean no harm. Even if it is not a relative, they mean no harm.

You probably surprised them by recognizing the chandelier was moving, and therefor they realized that you could see what they were doing! So they did it again to reassure you someone was there!

If you did use a Ouija board or attempted to summon the dead (really doubt you did), you potentially could have brought demons into your house. Demons LOVE Ouija boards because it opens a door for them to enter our dimension.

Edit: 3AM is usually the active hour but it seems you had one exactly 12 hours prior

[edit on 12/12/08 by blowfishdl]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Could be something, could be nothing. It's really difficult to say on a single incident of one object moving. I wouldn't panic at this point, but seek to understand with curiousity, keeping eyes and ears open to all possibility (not just 'it's unexplained and therefore must be a ghost'). It's always a good time to check yourself and family spiritually as to where you are, what you believe in for this life and the afterlife. Feel free to U2U me if you'd like some help diagnosing this. Maybe something is trying to 'wake you up' or maybe indeed there's something not so friendly wanting you to live in fear and intimidation. Keep a tab on the thread please and let us know of new events should they happen. My recommendation for now is to not incite or show fear to your spouse and children. If they need a steady anchor, it sounds like likely you're the first candidate.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Interesting. Could have been a ghost yes... could have been something more mundane (though what that might be besides what you have considered already... *shrug*). I've had my own ghostly encounters so I won't dismiss that possibility out of hand.

You might want to ask your youngest son if he's seen anything odd.... or encountered people in the house who shouldn't otherwise be there. Many times it seems, when things like this happen a young child is present or nearby. My own daughter used to tell me of a man she would see in our yard.. who would talk to her. The only problem was there was no man in our yard. The dog saw to that. He was a Doberman... and not very friendly with strangers. When asked to describe this man... her description matched the last man to live there (and die there as it turned out). As far as either me or my wife knew, the only person to live there prior was an old lady who recently passed before our buying the property, but turns out she was a long time widow who's husband had died there. So I can't explain my daughter's encounters in any logical fashion.
With your youngest being two, he may not be verbal enough to give a coherent answer to your question... then again he might be... and you might be surprised at what he has to say. Other than that I don't know what advice to give.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Resinveins]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Stockburn

Hey Stockburn! We have both been around here for some time and we have both been about on the same level of our feelings.
But I will give you some advice if this starts to happen again.
Get out a camera and start snapping off photos, and see if you cant pick something up!
That way if you get something to pop up in a picture you can post it for us. And then you will have been vindicated by a picture of either an orb, or other type of object that we can see with tangable evidence to your exp.

I lived in a house that was close to a hwy. And many big trucks would drive past my house, and that in itself would make parts of my house shutter! And things would move and creak.

There could be a chance that a large truck or something large drove by your house and created that effect.

It could also be a spirit of some kind.. I mean Im open to that. I know what I know.. But I always know that your not the kind of person to just jump in with some wild claim.

You have been around long enough for me to take your claim to heart.
So first we have to know if its a neg energy you are dealing with.
Or postive energy you are dealing with.

There is also the kind of energy that has no agenda and passes therw sections of our reality and has some effects on our objects here..

You see we are not the only beings that take up this space in time.
There are other beings that live what seems to be a layer over and under us at all times!

We are surrounded by this energy we can not see taste or touch.
But sometimes we can feel them, and they can manifest themselfs enough to move objects in our current zone of reality!

So get that camera ready, and put it close where you can snap off as many pics as you can..

Just maybe you can catch it!! And it would be so great to see that here!

AS you well know, many will just say.. Ahhh this guy is just messing around.
I know better.. Ive known you on here for a long time.. A few years infact.
And I know that your not the kind of person to just make a post to mess around or to play any games..

So with that I hope you take my advice and start hunting for what ever has come to your home..

How long have you lived there?
What kind of history do you know of the house.

DO you live close to a HWY? Or any type of road with heavy traffic?

And also did you lose anyone close to your family any time withint the past few months?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Well, well, this is a turn-up !
Stockburn 'freaked-out' ... whatever next ?

As other posters have said this is not necessarily paranormal activity ... it may simply have been some kind of natural vibration in your kitchen (that didn't effect other parts of the house).

If it was paranormal (as in a ghost), maybe they're not as keen on having a chandelier in the kitchen as you are !!!

But seriously, if it is spirit activity the easiest way to be sure is ask it.

This is not as silly as you might think. You and your wife stand in the positions you where standing in when this originally happened ... but I would make sure your son is not around ... sounds like you 'freaking out' scared the bejeebus out of the poor little fellow (get a grip man) *slapping your face to stop hysterical girly screaming*. Once you're in position ask if there is a spirit in your home and if there is can they make the chandelier move again to prove there presence (don't forget to have a camera / camcorder at the ready - so you can post any results here).

If it moves ask it to answer a few more questions by moving the chandelier in response.

If it doesn't then chances are it was a random (and natural) vibration.

Woody

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Blowfishdl: Never used an Ouija in the house. My wife is dead set against them, she states her great aunt had an episode with one at one point in time, and never used one again. I don't really have any more info on that, unfortunately she has passed so I am unable to elaborate. I have used an Ouija many times usually at the Colorado River with "buddies". I have also done "other" activities "in my house" without my wife or kids present in the house. That being, using a candle to summon demons (mostly for farce or I should say I curiosity), I created a thread on ATS perhaps a year ago?, on this, I even video taped it. Not sure if it still exists. Just my luck huh?
I am 100% positive Saint4God participated in the thread.

Saint4God: I believe you might remember we had a conversation on just that. God, demons, religion, etc. I may have to re-read what we spoke about. Perhaps you might recall the video I created? Again, probably not, as it was quite some time ago. Always good to hear from you.

Resinveins: My younger son 2.5 speaks but doesn't really articulate well, kinda like his old man.
I will say this, the next morning when I was typing in the message to ATS, my little guy was pointing to the chandelier but only saying one repeated word. "Light", yet he did say it with a whisper to me while pointing at the chandelier. That was quite odd considering he really wasn't privvy to the episode as he was in a different room, till I yanked him.

Zysin5: I am quite perplexed on why this account hasn't brought out the slammers. I guess I am lucky. For the record, it is 100% true and my wife and older son can account for it. I do thank you for your support, I try to be as up front and raw as possible, it's a fault of mine.

I am also extremely angry at myself for not taking some snaps or video. I really don't have an excuse other than it was such a bizarre experience it really didn't even occur to me to do so. The only thing I really thought about was "is this really happening?", "am I dreaming?", "No way this is happening". A sure let down from my side, as I am always the yahoo who says show me proof.

Answers to your question: I have lived in this house for 5 years, bought it after selling the house in Anaheim for a larger house for the budding son. I don't really know much of the house history. I do know this, or rather taking the realtor word for it. He said the previous owners would take in kids, kinda like a half way home? Anyway, when I bought the house, there were telephone wires everywhere, and I mean all over the outside just draped into spider web alley. It's not a large house, 6 bedroom, but the telephone wires were just a cobweb. Other than that I have no idea on history of the house.

I do not live close to a major highway or even a highway, I am 3 houses away from a school literally, and most people drive very slowly down the street. There are many signs with "school" on them. 25MPH, etc.

It's so odd you ask that question about losing someone. That was the first thing that went through my mind. But no, no losses in a few years, thankfully. The kicker, it spooked me, so I called my folks this afternoon. I Bs'ed around with my father and then spoke to my mom. I said, how you guys doing? Is Sergeant doing ok (their dog)? Bs'ed again, and then began to tell my mom (speaker phone sucks) the full account (I think my dad truly thinks I'm insane now). My Mom got serious (which is rare), she said "That was Papa's (My Dad's Father, my gramps) birthday. He doesn't like something or something needs to change. Now that my friend, gets me thinking. Can this be real?

Woodwytch:

I know, I know. I deserve it.

I will say this, there is no way, after experimenting around, that this chandelier can move without some form of real input. I mean the arcs were 8 inch to one side and 8 inch to the other. It looked like a violent chandelier swinging. I can't think of anything that can produce such results, even an earthquake

BTW, I tried 30 minutes ago to see if "any spirit" was around. No such luck, albeit my wife was sleeping so it was not the two of us, just myself. I did snap some pics, but I haven't looked that them yet.

Anyway, take care, and if you read this far, sorry for my rambling.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hi Stockburn,

Don't rule out telekinesis on the part of your older Son. He was concentrating on his homework and may have certain 'talents' which both you and he are unaware of.

Just thought to suggest this angle. There is more mystery in real life than we ever imagined.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity...what was the weather like at the time? Clear? Rainy? Daylight? Dusk? Nighttime?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I lean towards what you and your family experienced to be paranormal phenomenon. Since the time of the experience, has there been any more happenings? I would keep a camera nearby and ready to take photos if and when this happens again. Thanks for sharing your experience and keep us posted.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
I created a thread on ATS perhaps a year ago?, on this, I even video taped it. Not sure if it still exists. Just my luck huh?
I am 100% positive Saint4God participated in the thread.

Probably

Saint4God: I believe you might remember we had a conversation on just that. God, demons, religion, etc. I may have to re-read what we spoke about. Perhaps you might recall the video I created? Again, probably not, as it was quite some time ago. Always good to hear from you.

Your memory is better than mine
, though the name looks familiar and had made a few comments on Ouiji board threads. It's fairly agreed here at ATS that they're a bad idea, with each of us having some kind of account as to why.

My Mom got serious (which is rare), she said "That was Papa's (My Dad's Father, my gramps) birthday. He doesn't like something or something needs to change. Now that my friend, gets me thinking. Can this be real?

Chances that it was on his birthday 1:365. Changes it was someone in the family's birthday who passed away if you knew eight of them 1:46 . Those are pretty good odds considering people buy lottery tickets with a chance of winning of 1:1,450,000.

BTW, I tried 30 minutes ago to see if "any spirit" was around.

Careful about inviting or provoking spirits. That could certainly cause trouble. Thanks for the updates and responses.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Was it windy when it happened?
Can you take a picture and post it of the room and chandelier?
Could you have rats in your ceiling space pulling on the electrical cable?
They are strong little creatures.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
argilla11: Something I never even thought about. Definately worth looking into. Thanks.

DOcean: It was a typical sunny and clear, yet starting to cool off mid afternoon. I would guess 70's or very high 60's temperature.

intrigued2: I have not seen antying unsual, and I have been very alert, perhaps I am being to suspicious, I really don't know. But absolutely nothing out of the ordinary has happened since.

Saint4God: I don't know much much on odds, it just was so bizarre the way my mom stated, ahh, no worry its just papa, it was his bday. That is just so unlike my mom its not even funny, yet she was serious.

habeas corpuss: No wind. I had also thought of that. It was a very mild day, rather typical of southern california. Here are some pics. I doubt they are in order of taking, but I snapped a few when Zysin5 said don't forget a camera (or rather I read his words), and then when woody said see if you can "ask" them/him/her if they are still present. The images are date/time stamped.

I think the images are rather large so you may need to lick on them. Some will show the french doors, I believe most will show the chandelier.

Take care all, great night to all.

PS, seems the click images are not working. Here is the url's directly for them:

i360.photobucket.com...

i360.photobucket.com...

i360.photobucket.com...

i360.photobucket.com...

i360.photobucket.com...

i360.photobucket.com...

[edit on 12/15/2008 by Stockburn]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Saint4God: I don't know much much on odds, it just was so bizarre the way my mom stated, ahh, no worry its just papa, it was his bday. That is just so unlike my mom its not even funny, yet she was serious.

You'd know best what's out of place, just tossing some ideas out there. That way you can critically eliminate things that it couldn't possibly be.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." ~ Arthur Conan Doyle

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hi folks,

It happened again. 1/08/09 @ around 5:00PM. I was working under the chandelier on the kitchen table. Just drawing up some model rocket controller plans. This time the chandelier was moving even more than before, in swinging arc'd circles that were powerful. Not just a pendulum effect but also in circles. Went on for a good 4 minutes. My wife witnessed it also from the kitchen stove where she was cooking. I quickly ran into the hallway where I can see two other chandeliers, and they are not moving. My wife and I just stood there looking in shock.

After the chandelier was nearly stopped, I steadied it with my hand so there was no movement, and did what Woody said to do. I specifically said "If there is a spirit or ghost in the house, please move the chandelier again". I repeated this statement 4 times, and believe it or not, it did move again, but not with the force it previously did, but in smaller movements, perhaps 2" or 3" arc's.

I snapped around 20 or 25 pics right after the incident. I have one with an orb in it, but I am tend to believe the orb is a dust particle, lens flare etc as the flash was going off on alot of the pics if not all of them.

Here is the picture with an ORB at photobucket, has to be dust or lens flare in my opinion.

The odd thing around 8PM or so there was an earthquake around 12 miles from my house, magnitude 4.5. Shook pretty good being so close. I was in the kitchen when it happened with my son who I was just about to put to bed. First thing I looked at after the quake stopped, was to see if my chandeliers were moving. Nope, they weren't if they were it was not enough to tell movement.

So with that said, I believe I just confirmed "something" is in my house that I can't explain. What else can I do?

Is there anyway to find out detalied history of a house?

Thanks and Take care,

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The fact that it happend again is pretty neat if you ask me.

On News Day I usually have some friends over for snacks and board games. We take pictures and have a blast. Well just after my one friend arrived, before we even cracked open the champagne or beer, she began taking pictures in my kitchen of everyone there. Now... nothing was visable on her view finder of her digital camera, but when she uploaded them onto her computer, she noticed several pictures had the large orbs all over the place. They were not dust... they were much too large. She took about 10 pictures in about a 3 or 4 minute span in the same area and the orbs were only in 3 of those pictures.

I have have some odd experiences in my home, nothing that would really cause much alarm, but just some unexplained activity. This is the first time I have seen any kind of orb in a photo. once I can get them from her, I will try to post them here for you all too see and give me your opinions. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. But it has been quite a while since anything odd hs happened here.

I definately believe in ghosts, I just don't think they make themselves known as much as people belive they do. If there is something going on in your home, maybe someone is trying to tell you something. Check the wiring in that lamp. Maybe something is trying to warn you of a fire hazzard? I have heard of things like that heppening before. Usually things like this are done with good intention, not bad. Just double check that and let us know what you find.

In the mean time I wil try to get those pictures of my orbs uploaded for you to see!

top topics

join