It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 12/12/2008, full moon - anything happening with you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
So it's 12/12 and a full moon, just wondering if anyone is having more activity as far as dreaming, astral experience, OOBE, meditative, these things. Because I had an OOBE in the early AM that was really unexpected, I haven't been particularly meditative but I have been very peaceful lately, internally.

My OOBE went on for no more than 20 seconds. Had to open my spirit/dream eyes rather manually and managed to go outside through the wall in my room and float across the ground at about running speed. Felt like I shouldn't be going that fast and sortof wanted to just go back to my body, it faded out like a dream would. It seemed to be a weak sort of OOBE.

I have been getting more sleep lately because I've been sick and as many of us into meditation/spirituality know sometimes the best thing you can do for common illness is just get a ton of rest. So I didn't really feel like I "deserved" this OOBE but I found myself in the halfway state and just used calm persistence to "get out" and didn't try to force it.

Just kinda neat that on this 12/12 the moon is full and tensions are rising. If things get crazy out there today just celebrate it, the world is changing. Or atleast OUR world is! And you know it.

I don't know what the world will do in 2012, but just imagine how much more we will have grown and learned by then, regardless.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
i had a strange dream about the countdown to Xmas starting from today

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i had dream that i won a car!!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I had a whole stack of crazy dreams last night.

However, the only bit I can now explicitly remember (I've been awake for a good few hours) was that I had my old job back. Well, my old old old job, the one I enjoyed the most.

Ah well, I can dream.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A countdown.. interesting, I was thinking earlier about it being 13 days

My actual dream was mainly my cousin on my dad's side standing twice as tall as me and bigger, obviously terrifying but had a sense of benevolence about him.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The moon has a gravitational effect on the earth as evidenced by tides and waves. It is thought that this 'lighter gravity' is somehow sensed by the body causing an increased brain activity or physiological excitability (see police reports and info regarding violent crimes during a full moon). Whether these connections present a valid case or not, I don't know but it would be interesting to ask an astronaut who journals their dream experiences and other effects. My bizarre dreams over the past few years seem more entertaining than concerning, but that's probably a demonstration of my shift in attitudes towards routine and personal death.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I had a harder time getting up today than normal. Been groggy all day. Normally I'm a hyper little ball of never ending energy. That's about all that's been off today.

Was gonna meditate some later, only do it at night when the house is quiet.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
hmm, I've had really bad PMT, cant help but think that big ball of bright white light aka the moon (super moon tonite) has played a role.

Its also MAJOR windy around these parts (Midlands UK) - car alarms keep going off!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I had a full 13hours of drinking alcohol nearlt twice as much as i have ever manged and i wasnt even ill the next day..... i mean seriously i am sometimes ill after 3hours of drinking im a real lightweight.... it was a good day.
On a more serious note i didnt know it was going to be a full moon but i noticed it when i was out and it seemed quite impressive. We had the day out (12/12) planned since the 10/10 and there was 14 people realy looking forward to it all that time, maybe there was somthing about that date or just a coincidence i dont know.

Unfortunately i did try and project but ended up falling straight to sleep, but the night before i became lucid for the first time which mad eme realy happy!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Very good to hear carlitomoore. You certainly made some kind of a breakthrough there. If I were to suggest anything it would be breathing exersizes, or just taking time to focus on your breath when you meditate. Obvious probably, but just in case. Just a feeling I get from what you say. But you will breathe smoother in your sleep, the breathing exercises will have you doing this automatically after a week or two. I started with the one where you breathe in for 10 seconds, hold breath for 10 seconds, exhale over 10 seconds and repeat.

People have told me I am a very quiet sleeper. It's from doing all this stuff. But if you can tone your breathing down, then you tone down your heartrate, stress, noise, you are flat out using less energy and this makes it easier to stay asleep throughout a dream cause if your heart starts beating fast that alone will wake you up.

At least I think that has something to do with it. BTW I'm no stranger to drinking myself and being on this sort of path you will find on good days hangovers to be non-existant and overall it helps you deal with that sort of pain (which is very related to attachment) and pain in general. Oh how I could cure my friends of some nasty mornings if they EVER listened, rofl.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Novise]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Thaks for the advice. Its funny..... i only even educated myself about astral projecting a few weeks ago. I have always been intrigued by dreams etc but had never even heard of the ways of controlling them.

The one thing i have had trouble with is breathing. I try and releax but when i breathe through my mouth i seem to breath faster and cant control it, and when i breathe through my nose its too loud to relax as i have an allergy to somthing and my nose is slightly swollen inside.

I though it was just me with the breathing, but it seems from your advice and others that breathing is one of the biggest factors in getting totally relaxed and that may be what is holdng me back.

Il practice the excercises, thanks again! And sorry for de-railing youre thread with my problems, wont happen again!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Haha no problem on the derail wasn't much going on here anyway.

I breathe solely through my nose unless I am sick. If you want to breathe through your mouth, at least when you are relaxing then it might help to suck in like you would with a straw a little. This again is more controlled and mouth and throat wont get all dry so fast. I haven't done it much but im willing to believe that a person could continue this throughout sleep if they go to sleep like this and make this their normal way of breathing during the day.

Some say put the tip of your tongue at the roof of your mouth this can become second nature as well, I don't really pay much attention to this aspect though, I'm not even sure what I do in that regard!

Everyone sorta does their own thing. For me I got into a more meditative lifestyle primarily because I thought It'd help me with my dreams, and all the obvious benefits. I found something much more meaningful and it's really what sort of connects all of us that are into this stuff, eventually.

But yeah, as far as lucid dreaming, dream recall, astral projection - like most things you'll get out of it what you put into it.

top topics

join