It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Presence, not RV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I was talking to my friend, whose identity shall remain hidden, earlier today and he was telling me about remote presence and it seemed rather interesting. It differs from remote viewing because you actually create a "copy" of yourself and you can move around freely and stuff at least from what (s)he told me...

I was just wondering if anyone at ATS has ever tried RP'ing or has any links to more detailed information on how to do it

I apologize if their is already a thread on this but the new search doesnt work too well for me..

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This type of activity but it is difficult to know if Im really doing yet or if Im just being an idiot ....give me a month and Ill tell you... Im getting good at the meditation projection and lucid dreaming stuff...
You have to practice at least 20 minutes a day and at least an hour on days off to achieve results in these matters--But I do believe this is possible, it is just an altered state of awareness

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I havent heard of this particular form of projection.. Sounds interesting.

I would assume that it would be much more difficult than the other (already difficult) systems...

*google*

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I tried google, it didn't turn up any "good" resources on the first 25 pages (that's all I had time to look through at the time)....I tried to do what my friend told me to do to get started. I didn't get far enough to get to the point where you can move around freely, etc. but, I did get to the point where I could "see" even though I had my eyes closed to concentrate. The image isn't very clear, it was only a very poor black and white image but I knew I was doing it right because I could see myself....it was really awkward

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Your friend must not understand RV because what (s)he was referring to can be experienced through and categorised under both Remote Viewing & Out-of-Body Experience (Astral Projection).

RV can be with full sensory awareness, not just "viewing," so it's possible to move around, go through walls, smell the air, etc, but only within your "mind" (although you can experience what's termed in RV "bi-location" or "perfect site integration," in which you completely lose awareness of your physical surroundings and only experience the target location, as if you were there. (Many would think these are just other terms for when the RVer switched to a full Out-of-Body from the basis of RV)

Also, according to Robert Bruce (www.astralpulse.com) who's a respected and experienced Out-of-Body & Astral traveler the mind/consciousness/memory of the subject is "copied" and only the copy visits other locations/realms.

Bottom line is: RV, AP, RP, whatever you wanna call them, are likely all just variations (varying intensities) of the same.

[Edited on 6/4/04 by AquaBehemoth]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
unknown origins --what did your friend tell you? seems interesting

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
he was telling me about this form of projection and the things you can do with it...in essence it is creating a copy of yourself and well, projecting your "awareness" to this "copy" (which is an energy construct) and you can move around and sometimes even teleport or fly. you can also project anywhere (as usual with projections), but its easiest to start from a place you know pretty well, eg. your living room, bedroom, local donut shop, etc.
You're also supposed to retain all 5 senses during this time (I'm not sure if you can do this with all forms of projection) but vision can take quite a bit of practice to get right

I've tried it about 5 times between today and yesterday and was able to sucessfully do it twice (the other 3 I was interupted), it feels really weird at first until you get used to it, and if you try to walk through something, you feel pain on your physical body

as for how to do it, I'll ask him again for a more detailed description or internet site as soon as I can talk to him

top topics

join