It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do when your child... begs you for a VeriChip?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
When your child comes home from school and says, "mom, can I get a chip all the cool kids have it they won't give me the job without it I won't get into college without it I won't get on the football team etc." What will you do when your girl comes home from Sex Ed and begs for a deadly HPV vaccine? What will you do when your child, seduced by propaganda, announces he enlisted in the army?

What can one say/do in those situations?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

When it comes to my daughter the apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree. I would say that she would probably reject the chip, and not succumb to the homogenization of humankind.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Home schooling sounds like a great idea doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Verichip or ANY peer pressure: My child will already have been raised to not feel the need to be like everyone else and to be unique and her own individual (because THAT is what is cool) and that the crowd is not always right nor is it always the "cool thing" to do whatever it is they are doing.

HPV Vaccine: She will know all about it and see that it is not needed for her. I wont hide everything about sex, including this. She will be raised to believe sex is a great thing - but its even better to respect her body and wait as long as possible and to be 100% protected.

College and military service will be her choice, as she will be an adult. I support military enlistment anyways.

Communication is ALWAYS key when raising kids.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
No worries with my older two (ages 19 and 18) and the youngest (age 13) will be no problem because she's afraid of her shadow. lol

Seriously though, we discuss this stuff all the time. My kids know which way the wind blows. They know that it's going to be hell to have to go underground, but it will only be a false heaven to conform.

Their father is another matter altogether. He's so caught up in keeping within the bounds of the law, keeping with tradition, maintaining one's place in society that I suspect he'll get it just so he can pay his taxes and bills on time.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
When your child comes home from school and says, "mom, can I get a chip all the cool kids have it they won't give me the job without it I won't get into college without it I won't get on the football team etc." What will you do when your girl comes home from Sex Ed and begs for a deadly HPV vaccine? What will you do when your child, seduced by propaganda, announces he enlisted in the army?

What can one say/do in those situations?

you say crap.. I didn't educate my kid enough. I loose.

but I think from a "choice" standpoint...it will be more for the "twenty-somethings" .. and will trickle down from there.
like the test they did in.. denmark was it?
like the most popular club downtown in some major city had a VIP line for chip-only people.
So you had to wait in this line that was like 5 blocks long in order to get in. or you could get in nice and quick and go to the VIP area if you were chipped.

I think from all the child murders going on.. they're going to start pushing stories.. where a girl goes missing.. but they FIND her and CATCH the evil villain because the girl had a CHIP!

and you'll see the sheepy paranoid scared s-less soccer moms all rushing to chip the kids.

then you'll get the kids of alzheimer seniors who go missing getting them put in them.

but for the "young adult crowd" .. it'll be you need one to do socially fun things.. or to be with the "cool crowd".. or to get free MP3s from redundant crappy pop band.

and i think the strategy to get the thirty-somethings - forty somethings into it..
is pretty much going to be the grocery / gas ticket.
like you get special deals on your tab at fancy restaurants or grocery bill or whatever.. if you have a chip.

it will eventually just be UNAFFORDABLE to NOT have a chip.

-

top topics

join