It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas woman who killed kids acquitted

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Additionally, I think it is rediculous to believe that any Christian woman would actually think that she (a sinful woman by the tenant that she is human and has had time sin) should prove her loyalty by killing 3 relatively sinless children is beyond me.

That my friends is NUTS.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If I had kids and God told me to kill them, I would tell God to go # himself.

Why couldn't she do that?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Good point Faceless. That is about the best post I have seen on the whole topic. Not that the rest are irrelevent, but that one was to the point.

If my percieved god told me to kill anyone at all, I would tell them to screw off. I mean, isn't the whole idea behind religion (of any kind) to be kind to fellow man etc etc???? Then your god tells you to kill someone. F that. F the god.

This chick knew what she was doing was wrong. She knows that her religion has 10 commandments and one is THOU SHALT NOT KILL. THere is no (unless I, the all powerfull all knowing tells you to kills your kids with rocks) at the end of it.

Sick, yes, she is sick. Not knowing right from wrong, BULL#.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Additionally, I think it is rediculous to believe that any Christian woman would actually think that she (a sinful woman by the tenant that she is human and has had time sin) should prove her loyalty by killing 3 relatively sinless children is beyond me.

That my friends is NUTS.

Is this not EXACTLY the story of Abraham? Wasnt he a "sinful" man ordered by God to kill his kid to prove his loyalty? He is praised by all and considered the father of the Jewish people.

What is the difference?

AF1

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
George Bush thinks god told him to invade Iraq.

Theoretically isn't he insane too then.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Is this not EXACTLY the story of Abraham? Wasnt he a "sinful" man ordered by God to kill his kid to prove his loyalty? He is praised by all and considered the father of the Jewish people.

What is the difference?

Abraham never killed his son.

Genesis 22:1-2:7-12

Abraham Tested

1 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, "Abraham!"
"Here I am," he replied.
2 Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."
7 Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, "Father?"
"Yes, my son?" Abraham replied.
"The fire and wood are here," Isaac said, "but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?"
8 Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together.
9 When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11 But the angel of the LORD called out to him from heaven, "Abraham! Abraham!"
"Here I am," he replied.
12 "Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Abraham never killed his son

I know that, but he was told to and was GOING to, and is revered for planing an act that would get him put away today. How is he being willing to kill his kid ANY less insane than her? How do we know God was not "testing" her?

I think the bitch was nuts myself just stiring the pot a bit........LOL

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I think the bitch was nuts myself just stiring the pot a bit........LOL

Oh sorry I thought you misquoted the scripture. I agree this woman should endure the same fate as her children.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is great! I'll just wait for Bush to show up in Texas, kill him, then say god told me to, and I get off scot free! Wow, Texas has many great things they never show you in the commercial for it.

"Want to kill someone? Bring them to Texas, kill them, then say god told you to do it!"

Anyways, she shoulkd be killed. Anyone who kills that many people, no matter what should die. Sure if self defense not a problem, but killing helpless kids? Sorry, she should get injected with laundry detergant. So should Andrea Yates. Hey, both from Texas, coincidence? I think not. So is Bush! What does Texas put in the water? Dumb ass pills?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here is one for you:

Why do we put any criminal to death? It is because they have proved, through their actions, they they are harmful to the society that laws like the death penalty are suppose to protect.

So how does a woman that has admitted to killing her own children not get the death penalty? Is it because her sanity is in question? Should that really be a factor? If you kill, other then for survival, are you really a balanced individual to begin with? Perhaps we were wrong all this time and have sent hundreds of 'mentally ill' killers to their deaths because why would you kill if you weren't ill to begin with? Shame on us for all those we have exicuted!

I say fry the bitch before she becomes ill and kills another child!

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
George Bush thinks god told him to invade Iraq.

Theoretically isn't he insane too then.

DING DING DING DING!!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Now if only the other 292 millon or so American's could also connect the obvious links like AF1 has done, we might actually get something done once in a while.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Is it because her sanity is in question? Should that really be a factor?

I think it is all the MORE reason to put her to death. If she honestly does not know killing her kids is wrong it is even MORE scarier.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The sheer brutality of this woman by smashing in the heads of her children makes me want to cry. The other children had to watch their mother do this to their siblings and wait for their turn.

This reminds me of a man here in Arizona. He married a woman that had one daughter. He was driving to some location to do an errand and the little girl was crying for her mother in the backseat � I want my mommy, where�s my mommy�. The man was becoming irritated. After a few miles he pulled over and told the girl to get out of the car because her mommy was going to meet her on the side of the road. She gets out wiping her tears and the man dowses her with gasoline and sets her on fire and left to die a horrific death on the side of the road. The man then drives off.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I agree.

And whats the point of being alive if your insane? I'd want to be put out of my misery to be honest.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
The sheer brutality of this woman by smashing in the heads of her children makes me want to cry. The other children had to watch their mother do this to their siblings and wait for their turn.

This reminds me of a man here in Arizona. He married a woman that had one daughter. He was driving to some location to do an errand and the little girl was crying for her mother in the backseat ? I want my mommy, where?s my mommy?. The man was becoming irritated. After a few miles he pulled over and told the girl to get out of the car because her mommy was going to meet her on the side of the road. She gets out wiping her tears and the man dowses her with gasoline and sets her on fire and left to die a horrific death on the side of the road. The man then drives off.

DAMNIT JUST KILL EM ALL!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Not all Texas women are schizo.

Personally, I think death is most appropriate for this woman.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
"Because the lord told her to?"
~Cheese line of the week~

Why would the lord want this woman to kill her two children? I haven't heard of any sacrifices of this sort before. With rocks? C'mon now, that stuff is more along the lines of a satanic cult
She didn't know right from wrong.....hmmm she had three children with two at 6 and 8 and the youngest at 2. You'd figure she'd know right from wrong after raising three children for awhile. I know I would.

If I were in charge, I'd bitch slap her, tell her to wake the f*ck up, then give her the lethal injection. The whole story makes me sick

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned I would think the master of the universe would have a little more finese than to have her hit them in the head with a damn rock.

At least if she had taken them up to the top of a mountain, worn rags for clothes, built and alter, killed them, then burned them in sacrifice I could take her a little more seriously (like she really believed it).

I'm sure God has a better imagination than a stinkin' rock.

He did make women after all.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
As far as I'm concerned I would think the master of the universe would have a little more finese than to have her hit them in the head with a damn rock.

At least if she had taken them up to the top of a mountain, worn rags for clothes, built and alter, killed them, then burned them in sacrifice I could take her a little more seriously (like she really believed it).

I'm sure God has a better imagination than a stinkin' rock.

He did make women after all.

Maybe they were both just busy that day?

Sorry

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
(NPR)They had some official on or something, I suppose, that was trying to dispell an old rumor. She was saying, that most people who are innocent on reason of insanity have longer sentences than those who plead guilty or are found so.

Point being, they can legally do stuff to you in those hospitals. I'm talking about the staff, but you'd have inmates to worry about too. There are much worse things than dying. And the American penal system is supposed to be about rehablilitation.

On the justice side (my side), if she was in a prison, she'd have at least some rights whereas it will be different in an institution. She deserves no rights, her perception of right and wrong is clearly edit:unacceptable by majority of the world.

But then again, what's his name that shot Reagan gets let out every once and a while.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by icelid]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join