It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humming causing me sleepless nights!! Taos hum? at set times every night?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Have you had ringing in the ears? Loosening teeth? Headaches? Could be retaliatory m/w like Anon stated. Also phyberDragon's comment is good... you have a lot of LF transmitters in the 10-25khz range in your area...

IMHO
Rgds

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My aunty started with these symptoms recently, but these symptoms began at exactly the same time next door put up a new sky dish/sky box. Also her dog is also suffering from the noise, and will actually bark the moment to noise begins. Again it only comes on at set times between 11pm and 6 am...any ideas?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

I am so pleased to find someone else who hears it! I live in western USA and it starts about 10:30 PM and get louder and louder, I eventually fall asleep. waking through the night several time and the hum is there only not so loud. At approximately 4:00 AM it gets louder again and then fades away in about 45 minutes. every night except Friday and Saturday. I believe this is high flying airplanes doing night manuvers from an airport near here. None of our military or civilian airports have flights all night. This has been going on for about a year , at least since I began to be really annoyed at not sleeping.
Eash person I have talked to has reacted as if I were crazy or having an episode of somekind . I really dont want to take sleeping pills but I am beginning to sleep during the day and am very cranky.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Have your household electrics checked; there could be hot spot in a junction box. Also have the sockets and switches seen by a professional, something may have loosened. Also a phone line next to an electrical cable can cause magnetic fields and harmonics with the associated hum.

One of your appliances could be defective, even a mains powered digital clock and that can cause similar effects as above.

In these situations the cause of the hum is usually the effect of the electromagnetic fields generated and your increased sensitivity over time so you may hear it and visitors to your home may not.

Alternatively, there could be an external source such as cooling systems or a factory, in which case you are ok and learn to ignore it or play your radio quietly on the AM channels to mask the noise while you sleep.

If that doesn't help, you might call the local municipal authorities environment safety department and see if anyone else has noted the hum. They only take action if a few people say the same thing.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Interesting thread - I'll be checking out the stuff about the hum here. I'd heard of the Taos hum but didn't know there was anything like it in the UK, much less London. Which part of London do you live in/

I can suggest one thing that might work: Bose, I think, do a set of headphones that cancel noise: by feeding through the headphones the inverse of the soundwaves from outside, they cancel out external noise and allow people to use headphones to listen to music at tolerable levels in noisy environments.

You might be able to plug them in with your CD player on, but not actually playing anything. Might be worth checking out.

EDIT... oh well, I've read more of the link now and if it's not an acoustic problem my suggestion above is worthless. Sorry...

[edit on 7-2-2009 by rich23]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There's been loads of threads about the hum. I live in the NE of England and can hear this hum every night and sometimes even throughout the day, but it's not as bad then, as it's drowned out by other urban sounds. At night it's a different story, as it drives me insane and most of the time, it's impossible to sleep.

I started to hear this sound about 2 years ago and it's mainly a monotonous humming droning sound. However occasionally it changes, sometimes to a high pitched pulsing sound. The worst thing about it is the effect it seems to have on you. It passes right through me and makes myself and my bed vibrate. There's no getting away from this sound and wearing ear plugs makes it even worse. I wake up every morning after just a couple of hours sleep, feeling absolutely drained.

I've noticed the direction of the sound seems to change throughout the 24 hour period, in a arc like movement and seems to emanate from an inclined upward angle. I would love to know what's causing it, as I can only speculate as to what it might be. I can hear the sound now, and it's seems to be coming from the NW, but when you move your head around, it seems like it's coming at you from every direction. It's a annoying Weird sound, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I also have a high hearing range. My dentists office has a horrible hum . He said he has had a few others that hear it too, and asked me to help find where it was coming from. I could identify the room but not the source. I can NOT go in that room as it hurts my head.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Funny thing, I was just thinking about this last night. I've always had a little humming sound in my ears. But lately it's been getting louder and keeping me up. I turned off everything but it still went on all night tell I left the room. (From being annoyed...)
Everyone has been posting intresting theory's and idea's on it though.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

Hi, I live in Brandon, FL, (near Tampa) USA, and have been experiencing something VERY similar, it started out as a almost nightly vibration in July 2008, by December 2008 I began hearing a very low frequency pulsing sound, a lot of times it started after 3:30 AM. Well, originally I thought the vibration was caused by a water pump (A large water main passes by my house), but then the sound started last December from the North, I was convinced it had to be a factory. Sometimes it was a vibration, sometimes a constant hum, sometimes a oscillating hum, and sometimes it felt like needles poking my ears (still does sometimes, in fact this morning) I never had direct evidence at this point, just educated guesses.

But something changed in Aug 2009, the exact same phenomenon started occurring from the South. It was a this point I KNEW it was an antenna or mobile machinery of some kind, because factories do not get up and move, my bet it was antennas.
Well, after more 3 months of HELL, I have figured it out, I have traced the sounds (in the last 3 months, their direction has been changing practically every night) to CELLULAR ANTENNAS, I AM 100% SURE, BECAUSE THE SOUND IS COMING DOWN FROM THE TOP OF THE STRUCTURE, AND I WAS THERE!! (2 different days, 2 completely different places, same type of awful sounds!) I originally thought it was TV antennas in distant locations, but by trial and error discovered two sources less than 3 miles from me.

I too am cursed by having my sleep destroyed by this sound/vibration, but I am blessed that I can tell the direction, maybe I "learned" to hear it after spending so much time outside my house trying to figure out what it was! (try to sit outside, maybe you will "learn" too)

Where I go from here, I do not know, if it is cell towers AND I KNOW IT IS, where can I move without those abominations??

IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE, BUT HIGH FREQUENCY MICROWAVE CELL TOWERS IN BRANDON, FL ARE CREATING AWFUL LOUD LOW FREQUENCY SOUNDS (I think the vibrations are the effect of sound slamming into buildings) NOT EVERY ANTENNA, JUST PARTICULAR ANTENNAS AT PARTICULAR TIMES! FOR WHAT PURPOSE?!?!? IS IT A SIDE EFFECT OR THE PRIMARY SIGNAL (NAVY TESTING ELF etc) I haven't met anyone else that can hear this, yet my life has been ruined by this CELL TOWER NOISE!!!

Why can't anyone else hear it??

I hope that this helps, I would not wish this insomnia-inducing misery on anyone, but if helps you to understand your problem, I am more that willing to illuminate the insects of the world that create misery for other humans.

P.S. I have been posting in the Yahoo and Google hum forums, those are also good places to get feedback, though everytime I post a major discovery/change in the "Brandon Hum" it seems like the phenomenon changes!
With this weird sound, I think a smidgen of paranoia is in order!

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Shaken2008]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have been having this happen to me for the last 4 years.

It starts at 1:45 am and it resonates for 5 min, stops for 1 min, starts back up for 5 min, stops for 1 min, does this cycle for a period of 2 hours

It is always the same tone frequency, it always has the same pattern to it.It is loud Not like a low barely audible hum, it is not like the Exploding head syndrome (i have that also), but more intense like an airplane flying over very low.

After about the first month of hearing this i talked to my Doctor about it (because of it keeping me awake), he ordered some hearing tests and an MRI.
Both came up normal. he had no explanation aas to what it could be.

after about the second month i started keeping a log book of the times and durations of the humming. Starting on April 15 2005, For 1681 nights i have recorded this. every night it is the same sound starting at the same time running for the same duration.

I have moved twice in those 5 years Once for 2 years to a different city. the sounds remained.

Now i did live in urban (city) settings up until 14 months ago, now i live in a remote rural area, so that rules out noise from traffic, radio towers, cell towers, and no overhead power lines close to my house. (driveway is 1.3 miles long) and my power is underground.

I have tried unplugging everything in the house, disconnecting the power meter from the house, even went as far as having the electric company unhook the lines from the transformer, nothing changes this.

Also i go camping and sleep outside alot. So that rules out electrical noise.

Is it something from the government trying to program us? I dont know! Is it beings trying to communicate? Hmmm Doubt it!.

All i know is that i have lost 140 DAYS worth of sleep in the last 5 years to this.

1681 x 2 (hours per night)=3362/24(hours in a day)=140.08 days

Just wish something could explain this.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hmm. I've never had anything this bad but I can pick up noises people can't.
Like we have a really old TV in this room, and when it's switched on I can hear it beeping and buzzing. Sometimes it's pretty much whichever way I sit, but sometimes I can cancel it out by moving my head.
That happens other places and has been loads of random things that've done it, really.
I suppose theres just so many waves and vibrations going on around us all of the time that sometimes they get horribly noisy and end up stopping us sleeping and stuff.

I hope you find a way of stopping the sound getting to you though, I have bouts of insomnia, generally from nothing (or stress) so I know how nasty not sleeping can be, so if there is a cause for this, something really should be done about it!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I know this is a long time after the main post was written; I have been experiencing this hum for the past 3 months (North Cornwall), I thought it was a psychiatric or neurological issue at first (explosive head syndrome, auditory cortex dysfunction, imagined subjective psychotic episodes.... etc) I asked if others could hear it, one person said they could (but quite frankly I felt that they were going along with me to ease my angst), another person who worked all of his life in Acoustics and sonic science dismissed me as dreaming it up, which added to my initial fear that it was all in my head, but did not convince me, nonetheless, that I was wrong - this sound is a deep, pulsing, vibrational throbbing sound that invades every aspect of my sensory world once it begins. It is below, above and through any other sound, so the suggestion that we block it out with other things, like music, TV, chanting would not work - it pervades everything, is deeper in resonance than everything else. I have kept quiet about this for various reasons, namely that I do not want to appear like an attention seeker or as being melodramatic when I claim that this awful noise affects my quality of life, as well as the frustration I feel when I am dismissed. I am not typing this in hope of a magical solution as much as to contribute to the discourse on the topic, with a view to a least help anyone else suffering from it know that they are not alone in these feelings and they are (hopefully not) going mad, unless, tongue in cheek or not, we are going collectively mad. I do not believe this to be imagined, and neither do I believe it to be merely a subjective sensory hallucination or epiphenomena of some inner dysfunction. I believe it to be external, if detectably sourceless (for now). My experience of it agrees with some of the thread comments here, that it is worse between 12 and 4am, and then it continues in sporadic and often unpredictable (in occrence and endurance) bursts. I am not sure how relevant this is, but I heard the same hum in Yorkshire, UK as well as Cornwall UK, in the same year, which also led to previous fears that it was a mental or psychiatric problem. I was convinced of the objective existence of this hum after reading hundreds of comments and articles on the phenomenon that entirely match my experience of it - I would imagine it to be counter-science if we sit back and accept that hundreds of people are experiencing this in some hysterical bent, without taking on board the possibilty that this hum has a 'real' (vs imagined or self generated) source. I wish I could contribute with solution rather than repetition here. I wonder if there is anyone who has heard this hum more recently. Either way I would love to know what it is, even if I could not do anything to stop it. Thankyou

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: triaxrob

Good day and best wishes to you... I just wondered if you still suffered from this 'orrid hum?!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join