It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blagojevich: Scandal or Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The Blagojevich thing seems a bit fishy to me. The fact that he had just started a boycott against Bank of America and the very next day, after a three year long investigation the feds all of a sudden have enough evidence to arrest him.

And the fact that the MSM is talking about it nonstop since it happened, drilling into our minds that he is this horrible person who has done horrible things, even slandering his wife. When the MSM spends so much airtime talking about one certain subject it makes me weary and unsure if they're telling the truth. I mean, they didn't spend this much time on Ted Stevens or that congresswoman that was accepting bribes or the New Orleans congressman that was bribing people.

It could just be the fact that Barack Obama is involved because of the senate seat thing or it could be completely true, but IMO it's a coup staged by the Big Banks. No doubt they are going to replace him with someone who will do there bidding, preferably make those workers at Republic go home and resume doing business with B of A.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Total Reality]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I believe it was both. First most politicians are corrupt and do unspeakable things and are rarely held accountable. He probably was doing many of the things mentioned. The flipside, he pissed some very powerful people off so they called him on it. If he had stayed complacent he likely would have sold a senate seat etc... and we never would have known. Instead he stood up...

Personally i have no idea because all i have heard are transcripts, not the actual recordings which i doubt i ever will. What i do know is there are too many coincidences when it comes to this sort of thing, and i truly believe he was taken down for the Bank of America thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Obviously, the guy is a first-rate ass. He is clearly corrupt. In that there is no argument:

Copy of Complaint

However, reading the transcripts, he clearly sounds like a person who is not the least bit concerned about the law. He may well be narscissistic, delusional or sociopathic. OR he may have had reason to believe he was above the law, as most politically well-connected people are. In fact, he knew other people around him - who were also under investigation for other matters - were being tapped, yet he was unconcerned.

After reading the complaint, it seems to me that other people were tipped off as to the wire-taps or focus of the investigation. Some people were warned off of wheeling and dealing but not Blagojevich. He had been under investigation for three years with no indictments, yet the day after he makes bold public statements against B of A, he is arrested in his home. Nice theatrics. Most aacused white collar criminals are allowed to turn themselves in.

Why was Blagojevich allowed to operate this way, so openly and for so long - until now. Is it just coincidence that his take down was the very next day after criticizing B of A?

This sort of backroom dealing is Politics 101, regardless of whether it's right or wrong - it's reality. But someone changed the rules on Blagojevich mid-game.

[edit on 11/12/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Obama is in this up to his neck. If he didn't make contact with the govenor then someone in his staff did. Heaven help that person if they ever talk about it. The Clintons are ruthless, but I'm afraid that Obama may even surpass them. If people start disappearing or turning up dead, be afraid. Be very afraid.
Hell, be afraid anyhow, 'cause it's only going to get worse.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I also find it very odd that Blago was being investigated for 3 years that only when he threatend BOA was when the Feds moved in.Clearly they demanded that something be done about him before others get the same idea.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You may want to check out this ongoing thread - which is pretty much along the same lines as yours....it has TONS of info (links) within the thread that you may want to read

Illinois Governor Who Suspends...

[edit on 12/11/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This one is a deep rabbit hole, methinks.

I DO NOT doubt that he was actually corrupt and deserved what he got.

But I also DO NOT think he would have been so much slapped on the wrist if it wasn't for the BoA affair.

I also think that him being from Obama's home state and having very close ties to him is a plus, for certain people.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Here's some food for thought. Obama denies that he ever met with the Gov to discuss the senate seat so I guess these news stories are just fabrications or grossly mistaken:

freerepublic.com...

www.illinois.gov...

and a screenshot from KHQA
www.stoptheaclu.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't believe he's completely innocent either, I just think that the timing is too coincidental. It's so obvious, but I guess they would have to make it obvious id they wanted people to get the message. No doubt it was directed at certain people because most wouldn't catch the subtle coincidences or put the pieces together.

The Obama thing is mysterious and it really disappoints me. I don't want to believe that Barack Obama met him about the senate seat for some corrupt reason. I want to believe that he had no idea what Blago was trying to do, but what are the odds of that really, that he had no idea? I don't want to believe it but those articles you gave, Kords21 tell a lot...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I fully agree with your post.

Blago is as corrupt as they come. Typical Chicago politician.
He was humming along and someone didn't like what he did with B of A.
So he's going down.

No one should think that this guy is some innocent fella who was set up.
He's a CORRUPT fella that had his corrupt-political shield taken away.

As someone here said - Next headline on him will be - 'suicide by three self inflicted gunshots to the head and drowning by jumping from a bridge into the river'.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by kosmicjack

As someone here said - Next headline on him will be - 'suicide by three self inflicted gunshots to the head and drowning by jumping from a bridge into the river'.

LOL you're probably right, sadly. I wish there was some way we could right to this douche bag though and ask him what he thought of it. No doubt we'd be on a list somewhere if we did that though.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Chicago Tribune

That is a link to the affidavit.
Take special note of pages 62-66.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Inside the Blago Tangled Web

This is by Chris Matthews. He actually reported like he used to - before he got that 'tingle down his leg' and became a loon. Enjoy the short video. Inside Gov. Blago's tangled web.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Seems weird to me also, that Blago is using the defense that he didn't do anything and is telling the press he can't wait to be able to talk to them and he has a lot to tell them. He could just be a douche bag or delusional but IMO if they had tapes of him and all this evidence, 1) he'd be indicted right now and 2) he wouldn't be saying he didn't do anything and be so willing and ready to talk to the media.

Also, they're being so secretive about the investigation, right after they come out and make this huge deal about it. It seems they F ed themselves over in coming out with this now that Obama's staff is being implicated.

Does this seem strange to anyone else?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Texas Darling Blog Has screen caps and documenttion of THREE different webpages that have dusappeared since this Blago indictment began.

All 3 of them discussed Obama's physical meeting with Blago during the days just after the general election.

If only the Chicago Tribune had not forced the investigation to end early we might have gotten all the information.

Why would 3 different news services completely remove evidence of Obama's meeting with Blago - if there is nothing to hide?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
did you guys notice, they kept playing the same footage from day one on day two and nothing new on day 3... they got to him and told him what to say. how much you wanna bet....
OBAMA is as bad if not worse than the previous in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
'Bama boy is up to his neck in this. There are reports that his chief of staff talked to Blago 24 times regarding the senate seat.

But the tingle up my leg MSM will just gloss over this or not report it at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There's def. something weird and not right about this whole thing.. Obama has to be more in on it than they're letting show, or at least his team, which is just as bad. and the fact that they're not releasing the findings of the investigation until during the holiday week? Supposedly because Fitzgerald told them to, which is the same line that the Bush team used...

This is going to ruin some people's views of Obama, it certainly did mine, but he shouldn't have ran under such an enormous promise of change and gotten people's hopes up. That makes me more mad than him actually doing something corrupt.

BornPatriot:
What footage are you talking about? of Blagojevich?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join