It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poss. ghost encounter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just a little background, I am 28 and work security at a local hospital. It is a medium sized hospital, with patients being seen at all hours of the night. I typically work the night shift 10p-6a along with three other security officers. After 8pm, all external doors are locked except for the emergency department. One officer sits at that entrance and watches the cameras and monitors alarm status. The other three answer calls and patrol the buildings. Lastnight I was called to meet a paramedic and her partner on the second floor of the hospital because they left their clipboard and transfer forms in the morgue with a deceased patient they brought in earlier in the day. The morgue is actually located in the basement of the old building, but you have to go to the second floor of the new one before you can get to the older one. Anyways, we went there and they found their missing items and left. On the way out I felt like something pulled on the back of my shirt, but when I turned around nothing was there. I turned back on the lights and checked the room and there wasn't anyone there. I once again shut out the lights, but nothing happened this time. I locked the door, and as I was walking away I thought I heard a loud bang come from inside the morgue. The door was still locked, and when I opened it up I once again searched the entire room. All of the drawers minus two were empty, and the ones that aren't are locked from the outside to prevent anyone from tampering with the bodies.

I asked a few of the other people I work with, and they told me they have never had anything like this happen to them in that area of the hospital. I have worked there several years, and before that was an EMT for two.

I know it isn't my nerves playing tricks on me, because it doesn't bother me in the least. I am just wondering if it is in my head, or if something might be going on. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It could be either of your two options.
Something happened supernaturally, or somehow your mind is just playing tricks on you.

However, I think you know the answer. Follow your intuition.

There's no way to have a 100% way of proving your incident as one or the other at this point.
But, when something is unexplainable such as this... I tend to lean towards the supernatural as the answer.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by James979i

I wouldn't be surpised about a ghostly encounter at a hospital or morgue. If you do some searching on google, there are plenty of stories of ghost encounters that many nurses have expereince . Especially when it comes to old nursing or retirement homes, it seems every one has their own story or stories. Whether it be actually apparitions or call buttons being ring or pushed when the people who use to occupied that room are decease. Hell if you search hard enough you actually come across threads where police officers have come to calls where they deal with apparitions on call. I even remember one where the cop shot the ghost and it just walked right through him. Its crazy.

join