It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 year old shot and killed by police in Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

thats good to be safe in your home and in front of a computer screen but if any person threatens the life of someone else then police have every right to protect themselves and others. it disgusts me that people can just sit back and say just wrestle the kid and if you dont get stabbed to death then good job but if you do get stabbed then it was a good try and who cares that your life was taken!!!!!!!!!!! wake up to yourselves and go play with fire yourselves!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It's all well and good until YOU lose a son or daughter to a wayward Police bullet......

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
It's all well and good until YOU lose a son or daughter to a wayward Police bullet......

I am pretty sure the bullet was not wayward. In fact the Police clearly state they fired upon this young man with the intent of stopping him from harming them.

Its all well and good to simplify the situation with comments like yours, until YOU are confronted by an erratic individual armed with knives who threatens YOUR life.
Perhaps that could be an excuse the police use from now on.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Knives versus specifically trained and fit police officers. Mate, there is is no way in hell you can ever convince me that there was not a less lethal way of preventing this from happening. Yes, the cops have orders to use deadly force if needed, but I can think of a hundred different ways a well built police officer(s) could have dealt with this apart from just shooting him 7 or 8 times.

There is no excuse for this. None at all.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The fact is, the kid used the police as his device to commit suicide.

No matter what they did, he wanted to die.

It's pure selfishness, no different to someone stepping out into traffic to commit suicide.

This kid has ruined his families lives as well as the lives of the officers involved.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The police in this case did exactly as they should have. The kid was given every opportunity to end the situation in a non-lethal way and he ignored those options, basically forcing the police to shoot him. If you're warned you will be shot, pepper sprayed, and have warning shots fired in your direction, and still advance on the police with knives... you are either psychotic... suicidal... or both. If you come at me with a knife in your hand and state an intention to do me harm and I have a gun... you can rest assured you'll be shot... nor will I shed any tears for you afterward.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Should not have been shot in the first place.

But why multiple shots when only ONE officer needed to shoot. All in together boys.

I can NOT accept that this boy was shot multiple times...that is just cold blooded.

res

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Just curious.
How many of us here have gone after four armed men with two sharp knives vowing aloud that "I'm going to kill you." after being warned,pepper sprayed and had warning shots fired?
Anyone?

Any of us that could answer that question are dead.
As we should be.

And as Chadwickus said - it sounds like *Suicide by Cop*.
He asked for it he got it.
Case closed - (I Hope).

I don't mean to sound heartless but during training at Street Survival School I was completely astounded to see a live demonstration of how quickly and efficiently a man with a knife - from 15 feet away - can attack and slash a cop carrying a gun - before the cop can even pull off one round.

I'm so sorry for his family though - the horrid tragedy of suicide, the ones left behind.

*P*E*A*C*E*

[edit on 13-12-2008 by silo13]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I've a story for those of you who say the police, four of them, should have, and could have, subdued him using physical force...

I worked for about 15 yrs in the fishing grounds of Alaska. You run into many different situations involving psychotic episodes of various sorts. The one that comes to mind is the one that involved a little slip of a girl, six rather large men, and an almost empty fuel barge, and a lighter. The girl, about 5'3" and 95 pounds approximately, decided she was going to commit suicide by drenching herself with gasoline and striking a spark from her lighter.

The six rather large men were the unfortunates who had to stop her. The explosion would have taken out a large portion of the town of Sand Point, AK. These men were just about my size, all of them. I'm 6'4", and at the time weighed in at around 250 pounds, and very little of it excess. This little tiny girl tossed those guys around like matchsticks until all of them hit her at the same time...two of them ended up with broken bones of various sorts, ribs and wrists if I remember correctly.

A person in the midst of an episode like this can manifest greatly heightened strength due to the adrenalin...or so I'm told. What I witnessed certainly seems to agree with that.

Wrestling this child down may sound good in theory, but it could have got those police officers, and innocents in the area, seriously hurt. As terrible as it is, those police officers did exactly the right thing, given the situation and the equipment they had.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Shot teen Tyler Cassidy linked to extremist gang

Gang makes death threats to cops

Shot teen Tyler Cassidy a white supremacist, Southern Cross Soldier

Tyler was prone to terrible tempers, and was on ice, charging at the police wielding two stolen meat cleavers, shouting that he would kill them if they didn't shoot him.

(The "on ice" part comes from the distraught policeman who blames himself for shooting him, who is the friend of a workmate of my daughter.)

They had taken 2 policewomen with them to the scene to try to reason with him, four coppers altogether.

The police tried to calm him down, and finally had to use capsicum spray twice. When he kept attacking them they had to go for their guns.

Although they are taught to shoot in mid torso they actually did shoot him in the legs first, 2 shots by one cop. When that didn't stop him, two other cops shot him mid torso, 4 more shots, to protect the women he was still charging at.

Police are very reluctant to shoot in Victoria. There have only been, (going by memory,) 4 people killed by police in Victoria in the last 5 years.

I have my suspicions that the online Nazi-style group he joined is part of a world-wide network run by puppeteers behind the scenes with the purpose of stirring up riots around the world.

The purpose being to usher in the new world order by creating such chaos that people will beg for a world-wide totalitarian government.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah I've seen that demonstration before. Mark off fifteen feet and charge, you'll get there pretty damn quick. I'm glad the cops acted the way they did.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This incident is another of a few that is making me think that perhaps tazers aren't such a bad idea...
I don't know.... I mean, I reckon the problems around tazers have a lot more to do with the officers wielding them than the devices themselves.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

For the person that suggested throwing a net or using a 'martial art' move...
Cops don't carry nets, and thinking that someone can just go kung fu someone with a knife is naive. I don't think very many people here understand just how deadly a knife is.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Raustin]

A knife is extremely deadly. Anyone who has a knife and is intending to use it against another person is pumped with adrenaline. The most physically clumsy, uncoordinated person becomes lightning fast and deadly accurate. It's just what happens when you have a knife and intend on fighting someone to the death with it.
I think it's likely that all four police opened fire because they got a hell of a fright by him about to get one of them... sort of a sudden impacting feeling that he was attacking and just about to successfully bury a blade into one of them. But I don't know that... I'm just speculating.
However, I do know that a person with a knife is potentially less than a second away from causing mortal harm.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
To Protect and Serve....certainly non-lethal means of stopping the kid could have been used (esp w 4 officers). Now if it was a big, former football player on pcb and just 1 cop then cant blame them for pulling the trigger. Whatever happened to the "billy club" (old school taser)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join