It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog saves dog. Amazing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Atleast he tried to save him/her.

Oh, if people where that brave and un-selfish, this world would be a better place.

What is very touching is to see the very heroic actions of this other dog who is trying to pull him to the side of the highway. We are going to keep seeing things like this until we find a solution to the dogs living on the streets.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wish people shared such compassion.

So many times I have seen people sit around and LOOK at someone in trouble.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I shouldn't have watched that... That was so sad

I'm sad cause the poor dog died, I'm sad cause I heard so many stories lately about people watching other people dying while doing NOTHING about it.

It breaks my heart, honestly.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's warming to see the clip and sad to know that the one dog died... I think stuff like this needs to be seen during this time of year. We get so wrapped up in hateing the season for forget what it's for. I'm gonna flag this one. Not only for the OP's touching post... But I hope more people see the beauty in the selflessness expressed in it. THIS is what Christmas is about!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Dogs are the best! They know when something is wrong. They are always there for you!

I wish i had a dog

This story is sad but beautiful

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Great post...thank you for sharing!!

This is one of the nicest and saddest anmial videos I have ever seen.

Humans are conditioned and trained to be caring and helpful to others as in its the right thing to do. Anmials are not trained for this and it come naturally. This type of video comes from the inner most core.

We should have more respect for the people who risk their lives everyday trying to save others.

I think there are very few here who could raise their hand and say they have. If you have done such a action without thinking of yourself then you have my total respect.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I really hate it when people I know, mainly fundy-christians, take pride in eating meat in front of me(trying to be a vegetarian) and treat dogs and other animals badly because "they're just animals". I show pity on a poor animal and get rebuked for it. It just goes to show the true morals of people who say and do such things.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Poet Of Deception

I know someone with some Sheppard pups for sale. I could pull some strings and get it nice and cheap for you...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Couldnt even bring myself to watch this..

But if only humans were so brave and caring

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Apparently, sub-humans do not care if they hurt animals or each other. I am not pleased with the actions of careless drivers. (Off topic: We really need to get our hovercrafts so that the rubber wheels of these outdated, motorized vehicles won't run over and cause harm upon another animal, who happen to wander onto busy roads).

[edit on 2008-12-11 by pikypiky]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Just a thought !

depending on how hungry a dog can get
Do you think that dog might have been helping itself to a free meal more then just rescuing that other dog

it all just depends on how you look at it !

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep

Do you think that dog might have been helping itself to a free meal more then just rescuing that other dog

I doubt that, it wouldnt have risked its life for that

I have seen bobtail lizards sitting next to their mates that have been killed on the roads, and let me tell you, they weren't there to eat the carcass...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Man, dogs are just awesome...they'll do anything for you as long as you're not abusing them or anything. Mine's a Sheppard/Boxer mix just under a year old and I already know he's there for me when I need him.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'd rather see a human die then a innocent animal.

This video simply shows the beauty of dogs, yet people still torture them and treat them terrible.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The video and the story itself to me was very heartwarming.

Oh what we could learn from animals and nature if we would just bother to look and observe. Perhaps some of us need stories like this just to remind us sometimes that there are more important things in life than what most people place values on.

Thanks so much for posting this story.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
That was an amazing story, what a courageous dog! I don't know many people that would been as brave as that pooch was if they were to rescue a human in the same situation.

In these days when it seems like nothing is good in the world and things just seem to get worse everyday, a story like this is really inspiring.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings

What if said human was an innocent animal?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever

Originally posted by WishForWings

What if said human was an innocent animal?

I don't believe that any human is innocent of any wrong doing.
I don't mean it in the psychopathic sense, I mean it in the sense that humans are undeserving of life.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
LOL I posted this several days ago and got only 2 responses from anonymous posters. How did this get more attention? Wrong forum perhaps.

Awesome video nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
OMG I had my hand over my mouth the entire time I watched it.

How very sad. Amazing to watch the other dog drag it off the road.

Breath taking stuff but so sad.

new topics

top topics

join