It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thoughts about the paranormal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
hello, I was just hoping to hear some peoples thoughts on the subject of paranormal anomalies such as telekinesis, Chi/PSI energy, lucid dreaming, astral projection, out of body experiences, remote viewing, spiritual communication, and any other subjects of this origin.
your thoughts or experiences are welcomed,

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What are your thoughts...?

Give us a little more to go on...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
you've certainly set a high barrier, and also a rather broad horizon! You will definitely see what people think just by looking at the other threads, so a lot of people will be repeating themselves.
Is there anything in particular you wish to discuss a bit more in depth as your first topic? Give us something to start on

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
sure thing, I feel it is very real,
i have been trying some telekinesis my self, its taking a lot of effort but I like it
also, astral projection, i have been trying it a little, no luck, but u cant expect it to work first time,

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
well, if you find it of any relevance, i'll repeat a 'dream' I had. (When I put it in inverted commas I mean I'm not so sure what it's actually down to? Maybe it was just fate or something).

Basically, my friends mum had been dying of cancer anyway, but we didn't realise it would be so sudden. I was going through training in the Royal Air Force at the time, and had the day off. So, having a lie in, must have just been coming out of the semi-conscious state. I don't know if it was just a dream or if it were in fact astral projection / oobe.

Basically, started off as a regular dream, I dreamt I was in Canada with friends, and headed into this forest clearing where our log cabin was. As soon as I walked through the front door, I felt like I were teleported (for lack of a better word!), back to my friends house. I then felt myself walk halfway up the stairs, and sat down, looking through the bannister, into the room opposite.

Now, the door was open to 90 degrees, and the bed, which her mum occupied, was out of view, and behind the door area. But I could see my friend Ali, her brother, step dad and sisters standing in the doorway, but at the end of the bed, as if they were just watching her mum. Then the most horrendous noise just rattled through my ears. It was her mum taking her last few breaths. They were do deep and horrible, when I couldn't bear it, I saw Ali run out and down the stairs, as if running through me (like I were a ghost), and I just slammed my hands over my ears. I think I did it in real time also, as I woke up with my hands over my ears.

So, if it's classed as Astral/OoBE, then yeah, I definitely believe in it

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i see, now after you had this dream did ur friend ali call u and tell u wat happend??
or did she tell u her mom died a couple days after or something??

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i see, now after you had this dream did ur friend ali call u and tell u wat happend??
or did she tell u her mom died a couple days after or something??

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't know about telekinesis as I have never experienced it myself. Astral projection/remote viewing though is a different story. I sometimes have dreams of being a 'fly on the wall' during some conversations between people i know. Then I tell them about it and the convo actually happened.

Another thing is that I am a SLIder, maybe you are too...
Check this thread out

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by comiesk8er

Hey. No both happened right at the same time. 5/10 mins after i woke up, my mum rang me at 8 am to tell me the news. Which I replied that I already knew, and when she asked how I told her about the dream. When I say 5/10 mins, that'd be the maximum time difference in the time frame given by my mum and my dream/wakeup period, if that makes sense?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
so your saying your friends mom did die??
so what you had was a lucid dream

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
yes, she did pass away. 19th Aug 2004 08:00am.
Lucid dream, huh?
(I'm not sure if this falls into the category of lucid dreaming? How does this determine this?)

[edit on 12-12-2008 by emmy]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

well, im sorry for ur friends loss, but that is somewhat a lucid dream,
there is another word for it but i cant remember, its psychic dream sort of,
anyway, has it happened about another event??

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
No worries, and thanks

Yeah, a lot of it seems like deja vu, though, so I've just put it down to premonitions.

The sorts of 'lucid' dreaming (if that is what you say it is) has gone with a lot of things that have happened that day, like losing weight, passing exams, and general day to day activites.

Not happened for the past couple of weeks recently, although I've been having terrible sleep patterns anyways, highly annoying!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

ohh that sucks, well im not sure wat u could do for ur sleep....
sorry

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
no worries, I was so tired at 10pm last night. So got into bed and didn't manage to get to sleep til gone 1.30am this morning! Shocking! Ah well, I'm used to stupid sleep patterns!

So, with this lucid dreaming, would you conisider it to be OoBE's as well? Surely it should, right?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
well, first, i want to make it clear im no pro, i havent had an OoBE yet
but i have learned a little bit about it

so, every dream is an OoBE, because when you dream, your spiritual body goes to the astral plane,
and a lucid dream is like an astral projection but it can be more bizarre then normal, colors can be very messed up, pink trees, blue trees, red water,
and an astral projection has been described as more of, seeking spiritual guidance
there are a few E-books about it
i dont have a link tho
try asking this guy on ATS,
hes a pro, he also has a website,
ill send u his name

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

his name is volatile,
check him out, ask him for a link to his site

fallensword-FREE TO PLAY!!!!! CHECK IT OUT

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

hello, I was just hoping to hear some peoples thoughts on the subject of paranormal anomalies such as telekinesis, Chi/PSI energy, lucid dreaming, astral projection, out of body experiences, remote viewing, spiritual communication, and any other subjects of this origin.
your thoughts or experiences are welcomed,

Personally, my thoughts.

Telekinesis
Not real.

Chi/Psi energy.
I'd say biofeedback.

lucid dreaming.
It's real. It's just control of your dreams.

Out of Body Experiences
I've had one. I don't know if it's real but it sure as hell felt real.

Telepathy
Is real.

Remote Viewing
Real. I have a whole story behind this.

Spiritual Communion
You mean spiritually communicating with the deceased or a higher deity. Or personal introspection?
Regarding that, I don't think anyone has the ability to communicate with ghosts.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

hey, i'll definitely be checking that site out sometime after the weekend (rather busy this weekend, got gig time planned yeah!). Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

sweet, good luck with ur gig!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join