It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Dakota tops analysis of corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

North Dakota tops analysis of corruption

www.usatoday.com

Don Morrison, executive director of the non-partisan North Dakota Center for the Public Good, said it may be that North Dakotans are better at rooting out corruption when it occurs.

"Being a sparsely populated state, people know each other," he said. "We know our elected officials and so certainly to do what the governor of Illinois did is much more difficult here."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
ND - Number of convictions = 53
Population of the state = 639,715
Convictions per 100,000 residents = 8.3

I for one have lived in North Dakota for a year, and besides all the meth-houses, I could not have imagined as a "corrupt" state.

The story in the article was wrapped around how most believe other states like Illinois are corrupt because of what hits the news.

The article also clearly stated "The analysis does not include corruption cases handled by state law enforcement and it considers only convictions. Corruption may run more rampant in some states but go undetected."

If this is convictions only, I think this just means North Dakota is the most "honest" state, and putting people away because they committed a crime like its supposed to be instead using coercion and blackmail to get out of anything and everything.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-12-2008 by juveous]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

This was a very biased story and like you pointed out this deals only with convictions.

Like you I agree this means North Dakota enforces the law more, meaning they are probably the least corrupt in the nation as opposed to Illinois or my home state of Louisiana.

for North Dakota for convictions against corruption. If only my state and Illinois would enforce the law like that.

new topics

join