It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Warns of 'Riots' if Automakers Are Bailed Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Senator Warns of 'Riots' if Automakers Are Bailed Out

www.businessandmedia.org

“We’re going to have riots. There are already people rioting because they’re losing their jobs when everybody else is being bailed out. The fairness of it becomes more and more evident as we go along. The auto companies may be hurting,” he said, but “there are very few companies that aren’t hurting and they’re going to hurt. We don’t have enough money to bail everyone out.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here we go with the riots , You were warned years ago about this and its coming from Washinton D.C. , Now we will see all the empty FEMA camps that are across the USA fill up ,There over 600 prison camps in the United States, all fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. They are all staffed and even surrounded by full-time guards, but they are all empty. These camps are to be operated by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) should Martial Law need to be implemented in the United States. & You heard it here long ago Store food now and get a gun

www.businessandmedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 023131p://pmvpm by yenko13]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Seems as if the whole world is heading for riots. I was just reading the latest news about the rioting in Europe. Link

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I concur , It seems riots are the norm and are getting longer and bigger, I am getting ready just in case , If something happens I will be ready

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There will be no riots.

The only thing that is going to happen is a very large group of citizens will gather in Washington D.C. on Jan.20. They will be there to witness the inauguration of the next elected leader of the country.

You want to witness a riot, go to the nearest Walmart, the first shopping day after Christmas. Just don't stand near the front door when it opens.You may get trampled.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i doubt there will be riots. americans are to lazy to do anything widespread.
take a look at what we have dealt with so far, 2 wars, tons of bills trying to restrict basic rights, the entire congress ingnored ALL the calls and emails saying not to impliment the TARP bailout, all the millionaire CEOS taking the money and going on trips, increaing their bonuses, flying in high dollar corporate jets to beg for money cause they are broke, 7 Trillion of our dollars spent so far, and the economy is getting worse.

it seems it takes ALOT to get americans fed up, if history is any guide we will soon see a "unifying event" to take spotlight off the economy to focus on a common enemy.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If there was no riot when 700Billion dissolved into corporations then bailing out the US Automotive industry will certainly not spur riots. Such a statement supports a very right wing republican motive.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
only in America is a stock brokerage company way more worth bailing out, than an industry which produces tangible goods.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
well them just saying that doesnt change a thing... and there is going to be riots anyway ...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This post is already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a duplicate thread.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
We'll have riots but not for the bail out. We'll have riots when millions of jobs are lost when the big 3 collapse, the parts industry goes under and the foreign plants close due to the collapse of the parts industry.

I should mention the 100s of billions of dollars tax revenue that will be gone as well, revenue that pays for the police and fire departments.

So it looks like we could be having some real fun times next year.

If you don't own a gun and are not familiar with one, go buy one and get familiarized at the minimum. Having a bug out bag might be good idea too, besides FEMA recommends people have them for emergencies.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Seriously, I know the auto industry made bad decisions pumping out large trucks and suv's as other auto makers shifted to the mpg mindset. But, who's to say this wasn't under the influence of others, ie: oil companies, politicians, big banks.....

The big banks and lenders royally messed up and went crying to the government and american people for help. They are being bailed out to the tune of 800+ billion and rising. The auto company wich is a backbone to our nation asks for 30 odd billion and MAY get 14 billion in a short term loan to stay afloat??

I honestly don't see the thinking behind these decisions being made. Yes, if the big banks tanked we would be up the river monetary wise, but if the auto industry fails we lose millions upon millions of related jobs. Not only do the factories go under, the dealerships, parts warehouses, vehicle support, technology firms.....they all go. Is anyone looking at the big picture??

Where is the bailout for the common american small business. When small business's go under at an unheard of rate...like now. The politicians do not deem it necessary to bail them out. It just perplexes me.....

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It has to stop somewhere and if you can vote for a bailout and get money why not keep bailing out everybody that needs money and can vote will it ever end if some one does not end it?

top topics

join