It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange creature photographed at Argentina Airport

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
here is an interesting photo of a possible Alien creature ? i don't know if this a hoax or not so you be the judge. here is the article and info...

The CEUFO (Center for Studies UFO) of Argentina received an email from a photographer (Fabián Romano) that claimed to have captured a strange being on his camera while taking some shots around the Macachín airport.

The CEUFO analyzed the image and declared it to be that of a flying “entity”. They also said that the image was of a “high strangeness”. The CEUFO came to this conclusion after submitting the photograph to rigorous testing.

naturalplane.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Looks like a bad pic of a jumping toad.

Oneliner, but he what else is there to say about it?
Nothing spectaculair here.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

So why did you say it? What kind of toads do you have there where you live?!

That is a mighty strange looking creature. Was there mention of whether it was alive or not?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Very strange, though I'm not a photo expert, the pictures background seems to be from a video capture and the creature just doesn't seem to 'fit' the background contrast wise.

I'm not calling bunk on this, just chimming in with my 2 cents worth.

The whole photo just seems.... 'odd'?

Cheers.

Fox.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This looks like another one of those things that kind of looks like a little creature in the image, so some people just assume it's a little creature. Because that's what it looks like. And of course, if something looks like a particular thing, that's what it is... right?

For instance, I think it looks a little bit like a garbage bag or something caught in a propeller. Is that what it is?

Since there's apparently no more evidence than this photo of this blurry thing. I would have to say it's useless and pointless to even bother with.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've never seen a fuss over a grasshopper before.

Does anyone know if there are brownish-red grasshoppers near this airport's location?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i think it may be one of those gremlins that reak havoc on aircraft.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I dont know what to think about that pic. It looks kind of like a cross between a duck and a frog

I can see the head and bill of a duck, long slender wings and long outstretched hind legs, which gives it the look of a toad in mid-jump.
But if it has wings, why the hell would it be jumping? Unless the legs act as a catapult of some kind, accelerating the "fruck" (FRogdUCK) in preparation for taking to flight.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It looks like an ordinary sea gull to me. The beak looks a little odd, but I still think it's a sea gull.

Edit to add: after closer inspection, I am not sure. Those legs are pretty long.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yeah great picture

Funny how the "entity" is completely out of focus while the rest of the photograph is completely in focus

Photo experts?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm no expert, but the origin lists as Paint.NET v3.36. Or at least that's what the computer says. Strange how there is no link to CEUFO, ust a blog address.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Unless the creature is transluscent, its most likely a hoax. My opinion. You can see the background behind and through the creature. I saw this earlier in another article this morning, it kinda reminded me of the toothfairies from the recent Hellboy movie. (Though they weren't see through).

Anyways, would this be normal for a creature that flutters as fast (ie a hummingbird or better yet a dragonfly) to see through them? Perhaps the wing portion but not the body. But hey, I'm no expert.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Yeah great picture

Funny how the "entity" is completely out of focus while the rest of the photograph is completely in focus

Photo experts?

Maybe the entity is blurred from motionblur, because it's moving very fast? That was what I thought when I saw the pic, anyway.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Looks like a generated picture to me - the color and form seems too 'perfect' and artificial, and that motion blur is fairly apparent.

We'd need to know the details of the camera, and it's shutter speed at the time it was taken.

Can't make much out of something the size of a coaster

To me looks like one of those really annoying Star Wars things...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krollspell
Maybe the entity is blurred from motionblur, because it's moving very fast? That was what I thought when I saw the pic, anyway.

Maybe, but it would have to be extraordinarily close to the camera for that to be the case, and spikedmilk made a good case about it being translucent. If it wasnt translucent, wouldnt it be leaving a shadow like the plane to the left of it clearly is?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

It's been cropped and enlarged, so it has lost some of its resolution. That doesn't mean it isn't a vid-cap as well though.

Something else makes it look like a vid-cap too. The creature appears translucent, which can happen if a video camera is stationary for a long time; the static image 'lingers' in view for a while even if something passes in front of it. Especially if the object is moving quickly.

That being said, the pic doesn't appear 'doctored' to me in any other way. Do they have flesh-colored seagulls in Argentina? Maybe it was plucked and is trying to escape.

Actually, the first thing I thought of was a patas monkey:

or possibly a squirrel monkey:

...Note the yellowish legs.

[Edit to add] of course then his huge tail would have to be perfectly perpendicular to the camera if that were the case!

If only I could see the whole, uncropped image, or some of the other pics the guy allegedly took around the airport. With just this it's pretty hard to form any opinions. I disagree about it not being worth discussing though.

[edit on 12/11/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is certainly one of the strangest pictures I've seen in a long time !
I really don't know what to make of it , at first glance it looks a bit alien like but it's too blurry and just so weird that it's difficult to come up with some conclusion to what it really might me.. I do not think it's some kind of bird though, it's 'legs' are way too big !
Flagged this one, the thread needs all the attention it can get on ATS , i wanna see this pictured explained ! Really curious what the 'final result' will be

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here's the article by CEUFO, and this is the (much higher resolution) image.

The shutter speed, according to CEUFO and the Exif data, is 1/1000, so it must have been moving very fast for motion blur. The camera, according to the Exif data, is a DImage Z1.

The legs and 'wings' certainly look transparent, but I'm unsure about the body - the brownish yellow blotch on it doesn't seem to correspond to anything behind it, and the rest of the body just looks like an opaque (and very out of focus) yellow-red color.

Of course, it would be easy to fake. The CEUFO article (mangled by babelfish) mentions that others have reported similar sightings, though.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Link to the original article

A VERY rough translation from spanish:

CEUFO yesterday presented a picture described as "high strangeness" which was spotted close to an aircraft standing on the airfield in the town of Macachín: once enlarged and analyzed it revealed various details such as the parts of some body composed of head (with eyes front), upper extremities (arms or wings), trunk and lower extremities.

The image was captured by the photographer Fabian Romano of that locality, in optimal hours of illumination (noon) with a Minolta digital camera last generation that used a 135 mm lens and a hand speed of 1 / 1000 that is one-thousandth fraction of a second shutter opening.

The image of the strange being was described by the CEUFO as "body" and defined "high strangeness." After consulting experts and submit a detailed analysis of the photograph.

It is noteworthy that the bizarre image was not perceived by the photographer when capturing the image, who was surprised to observe it on the computer monitor.

The photo was sent to CEUFO that underwent analysis and consultation with other research centers in Spain while the director of the Provincial Museum Gustavo Siegentale described as "very strange" to photography and ventured to say that it could be a stranger be "mammal, and winged carnivore," obviously "a kind unknown."

The image was also collated with modern equipment of the Division of Criminal Police of La Pampa, which is observed very interesting details such as eyes front and what appears to be a kind of horn or peak.

The researchers found that the stranger would be at least about 80 cm in height, based on the propeller of the plane nearby.

Later stressed that this case is not isolated, "but that is part of a series of interesting photographs taken at various points in the province over the past year and this and that in the coming week, will begin working on the investigation of the potential presence of strange beings in the northern province, which would have caused panic in some rural workers

It's a post-UO (an uo that is spotted after the shot).
This dismisses the claim that whatever it was, the "Special Criminal Division (police) of La Pampa, using hi-tech equipment that is usually used for criminal cases, said that the in the photograph, one can see eye sockets, a beak and the object could be 80 cm tall."

In according to the guy who took the photo, it was invisible: and this endorses the theory that it was some very small object very close to the camera, IF the photo is genuine. No way to find out more, unless the creature will come clean

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
OMG A real geonosian!!!!

Very bad hoax.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join