It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher tells 7 year-olds Santa's Fake.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
Haven't met Satan... Have one of His demoness' though... Wasn't fun. But that's why you souldn't play with the Book of the Dead.

Kudos, and can I get her number.

See, this is meaningful people?

Why do God's ordained charges spew it, then run away when confronted with reality?

Does one have to wait 40 years on-line for them to prove a point?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Article11
Who made you a Saint?

You've already asked this question to me on another thread. Would you like to talk about it here or there?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Haven't met Satan... Have one of His demoness' though... Wasn't fun. But that's why you souldn't play with the Book of the Dead.

I'm sure they have a lot in commont. Good advice as well. I hope it's safe to say from here on out there is indeed a difference between Saint Nicholas and Satan without further details.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have pondered over this topic for some time now, reading, rereading everything that was posted about this subject. I then went last night to get a few things from the store. When I was finished with my shopping, I thought to myself, hey, why not just go and check out the local mall, and the other stores around the area. I learned a lot from that trip and from this topic. Now, I don`t get around very well and have to use a cane to walk, but I still went into the stores just to see the people doing their Christmas shopping, and to feel the Christmas spirit in the air.

What I found made me wonder about people. Many of you feel that telling the story of Santa Claus is a lie, and does nothing but tell children it`s ok to lie, and makes kids angry at their parents after they learn the truth about Santa. It also made me think back over the last few years about what I`ve seen happening in the world. I come to believe you are seeing your wish come true about taking Santa out of the picture.

The stores I went in I only saw a very very few things about Santa. I didn`t see anyone dressed up as Santa any place I went. The only thing I did see was a very few Santa dolls and figurines. I asked if they were having Santa in our down town square this year, and the answer is no, they could not afford it with the budget cuts.

Almost everyone I saw in the stores were on edge, hardly a smile to be seen everywhere I looked. It was as though people were turned off to the holiday, and it was more of a chore to shop then anything. It made me wonder, if Santa was the cause of people going out this time of year and over spending, why was I not seeing him like I use to years ago?

Fewer and fewer people are telling the story of Santa anymore, and are being taught at an earlier age he doesn`t exist. But, people still go out and over spend on gifts, even with Santa not in the picture. I see the holiday spirit less and less in people each year as I grow older, soon, it will be gone for good. One of the most enjoyable times I can ever remember as a child, was when my parents use to take the two of us youngest boys and go window shopping down town. To this day I can remember walking down the sidewalk, and the snow was coming down ever so gently as we would stop and look in the front windows to see what they had setup for the people to look at. They had everything from trains with a winter scene, to whole towns set up with snow, and also Santa at the North Pole.

You see, for me, it was a magic time of year. Yes Santa was magic for me, but so was just being with my family and having that safe loving feeling about it all. Just being there walking in the snow, being with those I love was a part of that magic for me. Smiles, you bet, everywhere you looked there was someone smiling.

Last night, I didn`t see that anywhere. Only people with no expressions, or with frowns on thier faces. What I see, is the Christmas Spirit dieing, a slow death. I see a greed driven world that we live in. Did Santa do this, no, he`s hardly in the picture anymore, but the greed still grows, and it gets worse each year. Kids don`t need Santa to bring them toys anymore, all they have to do is see it on TV and their hooked. Then it`s give me give me give me. Corporations don`t need Santa to sell to the masses anymore, they have TV to do the brain washing for them.

You want to blame Santa for it and call it a lie? That`s fine, and if you want to keep him out of the picture, that`s good also. But if you do, throw away the biggest liers of them all, your TV, and the corporations that use them to sell things to you. We are a generation of users, driven by greed and want. From the corporations, on down to ourselves, we use others to get our way, and the things we want. And Santa was just a small part that was being used. Yes, the story of Santa was real at one point in our history, but like all things in this world we have made, even the story of Santa was soiled by us.

Is he a lie? No, not in my heart he`s not. The real story of Santa will live on forever, even if it`s only in my heart.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Article11

Good to see you! Um... I'd love to pawn Her off on someone else, but she won't leave.

Well, you see the truth and belief conflict alot. It's hard to believe in both, so if it's a 40 year wait.......

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

It has been wonderful to have you such an amaziing part of this thread! Thank you!

My advice... Well, it's based on fact. It was tormenting enough that all these years later I can still vividly remember it.

I would really like to know the logic of Santa into Satan. I remember seeing it on Saturday Night Live once with Church Lady... I thought it was funny as hell... Still do...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Intresting. Hmmm... Could it be that we have streamlined Santa to just be represented by his tradmark hat?

I guess the story doesn't bother me all that much. As I stated in the beginning of all this, I was only upset that the parents were "infuriated", not at the story of Santa himself. I think it's a great story. I think it's nfortunate that it has been bastardized to the extent it has.

Santa ment love and caring, now he's about Profit and lots of gifts...

I hope I have not stepped on any of your feelings during this FIATLux. I have learned alot about you here and would be seriously upset if I did.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

actually he is not fake, I see them everywhere.
farm3.static.flickr.com...

Amazing Picture of Santa Found on Earth
www.gearthblog.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
there aint no santa,pfffft

www.kxii.com...
Santa found at Durant PD?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

A touch of split personality there Storm?

This is not a one liner. A on liner might go: "My girls fat I tell ya, she so fat I met her at the Macy's Prade she was wearing ropes..."

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

reply to post by FiatLux

Intresting. Hmmm... Could it be that we have streamlined Santa to just be represented by his tradmark hat?

I guess the story doesn't bother me all that much. As I stated in the beginning of all this, I was only upset that the parents were "infuriated", not at the story of Santa himself. I think it's a great story. I think it's nfortunate that it has been bastardized to the extent it has.

Santa ment love and caring, now he's about Profit and lots of gifts...

I hope I have not stepped on any of your feelings during this FIATLux. I have learned alot about you here and would be seriously upset if I did.

No, you didn`t step on my feelings at all. I agree with you about how Santa is being used for profit and gifts. But, as I said, I see less and less of Santa anymore. So when he`s gone and out of the picture, who gets the blame then? If it would have been one of my children that the teacher told this to, I would have been pretty upset myself. Why, because story of Santa was real, call him what you want, Santa Claus, St. Nick or Kris Kringle. It`s only the name that is different, not what they represent. Just as in religion, we give them different names and faces, but it`s what they represent that makes them all true.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

This is not a one liner. A on liner might go: "My girls fat I tell ya, she so fat I met her at the Macy's Prade she was wearing ropes..."

I dunno

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I dunno

Kind of off-topic, but a better answer might've been "Yes. No."

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
haha this is horrible of her to do. but its like letting ur kid believe in magic which if ur christain and u dont prepair to go to hell. any way i cant belieev she did this

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oops, got button-happy. Mispost.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I dunno

Kind of off-topic, but a better answer might've been "Yes. No."

not off topic at all STOM is going far and beyond to show us all that you can feel both ways about the issue... Either that or STORM forgot their meds...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
We never did the 'santa claus' thing. We never said there was one and never said there wasn't one. We did the Easter Bunny thing - and that stuck for a loooooooooooooong time.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
We never did the 'santa claus' thing.

May I ask the following questions:

1.) Do you feel cheated that your parents never told you there was a Santa?

2.) Did you have any fun or childhood imagination without Santa?

3.) Do you feel you were forced to grow up early and face the harsh reality of the world (violence, genocide, other attrocities) of at an age too early?

Feel free to expand on any points or questions.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Yer kidding me right? We are STILL Talking about this?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
New members input are always welcome to any and all threads. Or, so I was under the illusion of that anyhow...

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join