It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Day: March 15th, 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The Annual Meeting day for the Zeitgeist Movement Worldwide is March 15th of each year.

In 2008, we had over 1800 events in 70 countries. This year, we want to improve the impact of the message of The Zeitgeist Movement and also incorporate the vision of The Venus Project, to which we are in full support.

TOOLS:

In January of 2009 , Free Torrent* Files will be released on the internet which will contain:

1) "Zeitgeist, the Movie" DVD in 17+ subtitles for burning.

2) "Zeitgeist Addendum" DVD in at least 10 subtitles for burning.

3) The 2009 Zeitgeist Movement Manual PDF.

4) An 30+min Digital Slide Presentation, which can be translated into any language (we will do our best to cover the top 5 initially). This presentation can be utilized by anyone who wants to present the ideas of this new direction to their area. The presentation will be supported by the 2009 Zeitgeist Movement Manual.

5) Promotional Flyers / Trailers/ Other

THE IDEA:

The best idea is to find a space, get a projector, and present the Digital Presentation to your audience. You can also show the films as well. It is up to you.

THE GOAL:

To trigger an unprecedented global awareness of a new possibility for humanity.
Link

Is anyone planning to be involved in this and what do you plan to do if so? I've already showed this video to everyone that I think would understand it. I think he's talking about a mass viewing in which case I don't know how we would accomplish it. Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is a great idea!

Truly.

Zeitgeist one.. was.. sort of meh.
but Part II was dead on with explaining how humans have no evolved if we still have a military and how we are working against eachother.

BUT..

Venus Project is such an idealist view..
It can and will not work.

Our society is too far gone.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Im not sure how this will unfold for me. I don't really have access to an audience, as Im sure most people don't. But I am in full support of anything that Peter Joseph and the Zeitgeist crew are planning. They are the first of the "conspiracy theorists" to actually present solutions to the problems of the world, rather than just bitching about them. I suppose I will try to spread the word as best I can. The Venus Project is the most wonderful and inspiring picture of humanity and I am on board %100!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
what about the sound system idea, just rigging this up on the back of a truck or a van and playing it in a park, or a parking lot.

what about drive-in movie places?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Thats an awesome idea I just don't know how we'd be able to pull it off. it'd cost a lot of money. But you could like rent out a drive in and put up flyers and signs about a free movie showing or something. Mad people would probably show up.

Maybe even rent a time slot on pbs or something... any info on how i could do this?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

I agree that the Venus Project is a little out there, and I didn't really like how much he focused on it in Addendum. It's a great concept though and I am in support of it no matter how impossible it may seem. Anyway, the Venus Project is besides the point, I guess. The first step is enlightenment!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
if your thinking the sound system method then you could probably pick up a projector for a couple of hundred dollars.

the drive in thing could be more fun, if your going to go down that route you might want to try e-mailing the zeitgeist movement and see if they'ld help out with funding, make it an official thing maybe.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Good idea again, I wonder if they would help out in the funds. I've already downloaded both the movies in a bittorent file and plan on burning about 200 DVDs once I get the DV-R cds so that I can hand them out along with a mission statement...

I hope they update the website soon with more information.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
After watching Zeigeist Addendum I already spammed my Facebook with links to the video daily for about a month straight. I personally "woke up" at least 4 people who actually commented back to me after watching it. I don't know what I can personally do to organize a Z-Day event locally. I'm not a great public speaker and I don't know anyone in my community at home or at university that I know of being into the Zeigeist message.

Maybe when The Zeitgeist Movement's website FINALLY launches their forum there will be a Craigslist-esque portion where we can find other people who live in our cities.

I think the most important thing is that it is FREE. Even if it costs you money to air the movie, you should take donations but not demand $5 or any fixed price of people seeing it. I think there should also be some discussion aspect afterwards to really get people involved.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Good idea about the discussion thing afterwards. That'd be a great way to really hammer the points into people's heads.. I would ask for donations after the showing of the movie because I'm sure people would be more willing after seeing it.

But as I said before I'm going to make a bunch of DVDs of the movie and on the mission statement I'm going to include a forum type place or maybe a URL to the Zeitgeist Movement forum so that people can discuss the movies, that's a great idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Seems there having major hassles with the site @ the moment ??? I tried logging in there in order to get hold of the said 'free' packs and in the event of doing this my window closes down and re-opens a new one
this has happened now about x6 - 7 ....

I guess it's either a mass amount of people trying to get hold of the material of someone in authority making it very hard for people to get hold of the information....

Has anyone else had any hassles trying to get into the site recently ???

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Now I'm intrigued, because I have absolutly no idea what you're talking about. Bittorrent here I come...

new topics

top topics

join