It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Technology to Show Dreams on Screen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

New Technology to Show Dreams on Screen

www.presstv.ir

A Japanese research team has invented a technology that if completed could display people's thoughts and dreams on a computer screen.

Researchers at the ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories say they have succeeded in processing and displaying images directly from the human brain that may open the door to unexplored dimensions of the brain and shed light on the function of dreams in the human psyche.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

When people look at an object, the eye's retina recognizes an image that is converted into electrical signals which go into the brain's visual cortex.

The team, led by chief researcher Yukiyasu Kamitani, succeeded in catching these signals and then reconstructing what people see on screen.

In their experiment, the researchers showed people the six letters in the word "neuron" and then succeeded in reconstructing the letters on a computer screen by measuring their brain activity.

That's crazy! I have some pretty weird dreams and I'd be really interested to watch them when I woke up. I hope they make this like a public thing where you can record your own dreams. I doubt they will though. It's just really cool.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Total Reality]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join