It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Psy-ops teams posting on forums

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here are some extracts from an article on the use of psy-ops on forums and elsewhere on the internet.

www.dailypaul.com...

Pentagon's "Information Operations Roadmap" (IOR), aka Ministry of Truth
Posted November 18th, 2008 by VX1

The Pentagon’s War on the Internet

The Pentagon has developed a comprehensive strategy for taking over the internet and controlling the free flow of information. The plan appears in a recently declassified document, “The Information Operations Roadmap”, which was provided under the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) and revealed in an article by the BBC.

The Pentagon sees the internet in terms of a military adversary that poses a vital threat to its stated mission of global domination. This explains the confrontational language in the document which speaks of “fighting the net”; implying that the internet is the equivalent of “an enemy weapons system."

The Defense Dept. places a high-value on controlling information. The new program illustrates their determination to establish the parameters of free speech.

There is some evidence that this is already going on. US army psy-ops teams are suspected to be posting on several forums including youtube.

[edit: clipped quoted content, added required EX tags and source link]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The website that I've came across with the strongest evidence of a US psy-ops operation in action is Phayul. Its a website of the Tibetan government in exile who's campaign groups are being funded by the National Endowment for Democracy and the CIA. There seems to be a US army psy-ops team working on that forum. A serving US army captain and Iraq veteran (snowfire55, pacman_2000 on other forums) posts propaganda every day and others make comments on his posts to stir up hatred of Chinese people. They also post on youtube and several other forums and news websites. Two of them are Captains and one is a US air Guard. There is even a photograph of one of them in Iraq.

Here is a link to the post that was compiled to expose them:
'US Army Psy-Ops NED CIA Dalai Lama Tibet Truth, The USA's Psychological Operations on Phayul. Propaganda lies'

forums.phayul.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The military-industrial complex has been struggling to control this medium since it's inception.

The CIA is not limited to this effort. They own popular magazine, newspapers, and many other sources of 'information' for the unwitting.

The problem all began when the representatives in our government were all selected by virtue of 'blackmailability' by the international bank cartel masquerading as the Fed. The internet surprised them (lucky for us) in that the innovation and resourcefulness of the geeks who molded it rendered it unsuitable for their 'information purity' agenda.

Most of the activities that can be said to be 'suspect' on the internet are of their own making. Just like most of the terrorist organizations and organized crime. In reality, it's just another form of control those who govern use to extract wealth from the population. Pathetic really. But they OWN everything, and even if they don't, they make laws to restrict that which they cannot control directly. That includes information exchanges.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
In black ink on a black background?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
maxmars I agree but I think they'll ultimately fail if they try to control information on chatrooms and forums. As the number of psy-ops teams increase on forums the number that get exposed will also increase and it won't be long before everybody knows. People will then become far less trusting and will start to think more critically asking for the sources for information posted. Maybe this one will totally backfire on the US government and will make people sceptical of other mainstream media too. I've read that the pentagon even influences the design of computer games and rewrites parts of holywood movie scripts in return for the use of military hardware.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well.. they stick out like sore thumbs when they try that rubbish here on 9/11 threads especially

All you look for is the guys who argue against whatever the subject is, even with conclusive, independent proof and reasoning thrown at them in huge amounts.

The people will prevail!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So they get paid to play on internet forums all day?
Wow. I have a pretty good resume then.
Wonder if I could sign up ... work from home?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
GhostR1der Yes I think the key to dealing with these psy-ops types is to just post good quality evidence with sources and request that people who are arguing against you do the same. If they can't produce evidence they'll still argue but their arguments won't carry much weight.

As I'm sure you know many people who aren't psy-ops officers would argue against evidence too. Its not always easy to know who are psy-ops people and who aren't unless you become familiar with them and maybe you have.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So they get paid to play on internet forums all day?
Wow. I have a pretty good resume then.
Wonder if I could sign up ... work from home?

reply to post by FlyersFan

FlyersFan They may well work from home. I have seen an advertisement for US air guards (full time or part time hours to suit) working in your home town. This could be internet psy-ops work. I don't know but you can check out their website. In China they have recruited academics to do this kind of work and they work from home. The Chinese equivalents try to guide conversations in Chinese chatrooms and on Chinese forums (its an internal scheme only). Its been dubbed the wu mao scheme as they get paid 5 mao for each post. There must be some kind of software that can track how many posts they make. I'm just guessing really as I haven't looked into it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
On both Phayul's forum and youtube's video forums there were psy-ops officers using multiple accounts. They pretended to be Tibetan or Chinese mainly (German and other nationalities too) when they were in fact Americans.

One of their favourite tactics was to pretend to be a Chinese extremist and abuse anyone that stumbled onto the forum (thus demonising Chinese people). Another tactic would be to pretend to be Chinese and criticise China because such criticism would carry more weight.

Some pretended to be German or Tibetan and insulted Chinese people using racist terms in the hope that Chinese people would insult Germans or Tibetans. Basically they were using divide and conquer tactics. Other methods they would use would be to agree with their own statements using more than one account. If they were losing an arguement then one of them would post lots of copied and pasted propaganda until the damaging posts disappeared off the first page.

The name of the game was to demonise and discredit the Chinese people (not just the government) as much as possible. Anyone that disagreed with them was labelled brainwashed Chinese, wu mao or CCP spy (regardless of their nationality). Its similar to anti-war protesters being labelled commies or hippies on other forums. The more extreme anti-Chinese posts said that the Chinese were evil or were canibals or ate babies.

I recently came accross some articles alleging that Gorilla News network (GNN) was a psy-op (google GNN is a psy-op). There certainly seems to be some similarities between the behaviour of people on GNN's forum and Phayul and youtube's forums. Another interesting factor is the presence of Israelis campaigning for a free tibet both on Phayul and youtube. They were also involved in the GNN saga. It may be that Israel and other nations have their own psy-ops teams out there too. More information will no doubt come to light from other forums and eventually all the pieces of the puzzle will come together.

Take a look at the article:

Guerilla News Network: Is GNN a Psy-Op?
by SMARTAMERICAN.COM
www.conspiracyplanet.com...
and this document of people's posts about GNN:
www.nogw.com...

[edit on 11-12-2008 by truecolours]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by truecolours

There is some evidence that this is already going on. US army psy-ops teams are suspected to be posting on several forums including youtube.

Lol, yeah apparently Im one of them

Not that I am in the US and posting my facebook address on my profile

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Lol, yeah apparently Im one of them

Not that I am in the US and posting my facebook address on my profile

Did I accuse you of being one??? No I did not!!! So what are you going on about?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Did I accuse you of being one??? No I did not!!! So what are you going on about?

Where did I say "truecolours thinks Im part of a US Psy-ops team"?

No I didnt say that? So what are you going on about?

I was referring to other people

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
well psyops only works on sane people I wouldn't quite call our minons sane. more like a huge pack of geniuses that should be encouraged not oppressed -- so have at it... the last I heard the average IQ in America had dropped another 5 points but I forgot what the number was before or after it was like 80 is what I recall. its hard for me to relate to 80 I dont know what it means... if you know what I mean. show me a IQ test and I show you 136 - 140 depending on the test.
now what does that mean .. nothing .. so what does 80 represent...? is that meant to incourage or discourage

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
"Planning to take over the internet"

I find that statement hilarious. They created the internet, believe me, they already control the internet and monitor our every activity. You think Microsoft has never heard from the Pentagon?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Its happened to me after posting on here.

They changed loads of you tube stuff.

I posted on this thread:US Military Why?

Which was created and in defence especially of the Marine Core, by ex service members etc.

I have not much respect for the current actions of the US Military, and such like
and so posted a viterol response after digging around you tube with certain words, lots of videos showing the truth of what's happening filmed by the US military themselves or confessions of them:
Here

Well not a very good response from many of the posters.

However when i first searched for such clips lots came up that were real, i watched about an hours worth before posting a selection.

Some of them were not postable the links would not work lol.

Anyhow:
Low and behold to reply in a latter post the next day I searched YouTube etc with the exact same key words i.e torture marines Iraq children etc and
found a nearly tripling of the videos held than the day before....

And with graphic headlines for the videos such as "US Marines Torture Kids in Iraq" etc... however upon watching 3/4 of them they were all smiley GI Marines giving biscuits etc and toys to the children or civilians!

This is nothing new, has been going on for years disinformation but they were quick and I was surprised at the amount of extra vids in 24 hours after just a post on ATS.

Maybe it was linked elsewhere or emailed a Lot that is the Vids as I dug them out...

I promise that when I first searched those terms on Scroogle, and you tube 90% of them were real, 24 hours later well try it yourself now and see.

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword eh.

I also did get a lot of intrusion attempts etc from Mil places in the US funny enough mainly it seemed the Military Medical training Academy! which to this day I have never worked out.

So be aware they are trying to control the information but will try and probably have as I wouldn't know, hack you too if push too many of their button's

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 11-12-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Where did I say "truecolours thinks Im part of a US Psy-ops team"?

No I didnt say that? So what are you going on about?

I was referring to other people

Fair enough but you should have explained that and made it clear instead of posting a minimum of words and a couple of emoticons. I don't know why people would be accusing you of that. Maybe you should try and talk to them if possible and sort it out. People can get a bit paranoid if they don't understand why you don't agree with them and might really believe it. Other people may try and discredit you instead of your arguments as a tactic.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
"Planning to take over the internet"

I find that statement hilarious. They created the internet, believe me, they already control the internet and monitor our every activity. You think Microsoft has never heard from the Pentagon?

I agree but its from a news article originally. They want to influence the way that we think even more than they do now would be a better way of putting it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I don't know why people would be accusing you of that. Maybe you should try and talk to them if possible and sort it out. People can get a bit paranoid if they don't understand why you don't agree with them and might really believe it. Other people may try and discredit you instead of your arguments as a tactic.

Its because of what I do as a proffession and my knowledge goes towards challenging a certain common theory posted here often

Believe me, when you've been here as long as I have, you will soon realise that the majority of people have one track mind, and certain others will launch personal attacks rather than the argument you originally put forward

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Mischievious Elf I've seen those US propaganda videos on youtube too. They are there to make it more difficult for you to find the ones showing real atrocities, the use of chemical weapons etc. I noticed that videos entitled marines being cruel to Iraqi children showed marines playing with them but ridicule is an important tool in psy-ops.

US agents would achieve nothing by hacking my computer because this topic will run and run with or without me. The cats out of the bag so to speak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join