It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple “UFOs” in formation taped over Chile

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Amazing UFO footage from Chile...

forgetomori.com...

this reminds me of the Phoenix Lights ?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I thought it was some pretty cool footage...in the beginning. What ever they were they retained some pretty tight formations.

The part of the video which I believe reveals their identity was near the end... they all appear to form a line traveling from right to left, then perform a turn and when they do the lights grew brighter or the intensity was better viewed from the camera... just like a squadron of airplanes or military jets. (look around 6:00-6:20 for example)

When a airplane banks and the bright running lights point in your direction..it appears the "object" or airplane suddenly glows brighter.. in reality it has just turned in your direction giving that appearance.

Conclusions: more than likely military maneuvers. I will add though.. thats a lot of planes in a concentrated area at one time... and although they appear to be over the city.. I can almost guarantee that they were miles out from it due to the size of the lights... just a possibility, thanks for the video!

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Great video, except for the fact that in the last part you can actually see the lights turning to the right in a descent path, and just in the exact moment when the change of direction occurs, every light seems to bright a lot more. My theory: vehicles over a distant mountain, and the road makes those to face the camera, with the resulting visual effect.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh the overused X files background music always gives me a giggle! On first glance it looks pretty amazing doesn't it? Best to go to the direct link and watch it in high quality. Things looked genuine until about 2:08 into the footage. You notice the object goes out of the cameras line of sight and it zooms back in to show the overall view. What gets me is the WAY it zooms out here.

A lot of the CGI videos have camera movement that is almost robotic in motion and if you watch this one a few times it has the same effect. I certainly don't think it's a camera feature, and there is no way he could zoom back in such a way. It's been created this way and that's actually the only dead giveaway i can see in the otherwise fascinating vid. Then of course there is absolutely nothing in the news regarding this sighting, seriously this would be at least in some of the local news station websites at least. Thank you for bringing it here so i could see it but my conclusion would be that it's a very well done hoax and if it wasn't for that camera movement i would have bought it..

October

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

They're going a little too slow. Here in Chilliwack we watch lots of different crafts, from planes, to militia crafts, to helipcopters, one was chasing something more interesting, though.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Nice footage... at one point it looks as if they are trying to spell something out

I really wish they wouldn't add the cliche music though.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Chilean Air Force manuevers

Source

Google translation:

# SANTIAGO, Dec 10 .- The strange "formation of lights" that was seen a couple of days ago in the skies of Santiago, was finally Pillan 14 aircraft from the School of Aviation Fach practicing the graduation ceremony of officers, attended last night by President Michelle Bachelet. According to the Air Force said Terra.cl, over the weekend the group of aircraft flying over a route from the El Bosque air base to San Bernardo. And though the flight is quite noisy, distance is not possible to capture it, which joined the lamps used in the opportunity for fixed and non-intermittent could have caused the confusion of the people. In fact at the base say that every time you perform this kind of night flights, receiving more than a phone call warning of the presence of foreign objects in the sky or UFOs. The alignment observed by dozens of people and caught on video, was due to the maneuvers performed for the Pillan landing.

[edit on 12/11/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The article linked in the OP clarifies it itself, including the link provided by Phage:

Knowing this, then I only had to search Google for “providencia santiago fach diciembre”, to find this:

“Santiago, December 10 [2008] – The strange “light formation” that could be seen a couple of days ago in the skies of Santiago was actually a formation of 14 Pillán airplanes of the FACH Aviation School that practiced for the officials graduation ceremony, which president Michelle Bachelet attended at night.”
source: Terra.cl “Fach aclara origen de extraña formación de luces

forgetomori.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
thanks everybody for checkin out the video.

i understand that this could be planes and that explanation was offered in the article.

i have some questions though,

if these are planes doing this why is there no other videos showing the same thing and where are the pictures of the planes that would show us the lights on the vehicles that could create these strange formations ?

certainly these are not just regular landing lights and there has to be pictures of these planes showing the light structures involved.

also how do we know this explanation is the full truth ?

many questions that need answers in my opinion

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
thanks everybody for checkin out the video.

i understand that this could be planes and that explanation was offered in the article.

i have some questions though,

if these are planes doing this why is there no other videos showing the same thing and where are the pictures of the planes that would show us the lights on the vehicles that could create these strange formations ?

certainly these are not just regular landing lights and there has to be pictures of these planes showing the light structures involved.

There are other videos, did you check the link I gave? Just because some people think they see a ufo doesn't mean everyone does. Why make a video of landing airplanes?
Here is the aircraft, the ENAER T-35 Pillán trainer it appears to have a single nose mounted landing light. The article says there were 14 aircraft. There are 14 lights in the video. They first appear as a single formation then split into smaller groups then into single aircraft as they come in to land. They are not "strange formations".

also how do we know this explanation is the full truth ?

Because the explanation makes sense and fits what the video shows.

many questions that need answers in my opinion

You are entitled to your opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
here are some crops of the strange formations and these do not look like regular landing lights imo.

what kind of light structures can go from a triangle to a straight line ?

oh and Phage last time i checked your link to your picture doesn't work for me

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Each aircraft (14, just like the article says) has a single light. They are flying in formation and change the formation(s) as they come in to land. Have you ever seen an airshow?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

they may be planes i don't know but i am not going to swallow the first thing the military serves up from the fast food drive thru without further analysis.

at least this video has been discussed and possibly debunked.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
another amazing video

is it just me or does there appear to be alot more UFO's flying in groups in South America, compared to elsewhere?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just wondering.
Do searchlights still exist. I have not seen any in ages. They were used extensively for new car unveilings in the past. Sure would be nice if they could be at the ready in an area where sightings are frequently happening like around Pheonix or Stephenville. Shineing them on the "UFO" lights just might show a shape of a craft.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Why is it always South America? No one in the western world believes anything that happens there. They have had hundreds of flyovers, Why cant they do a flyover time square?

Irritated with Spacemen

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Why is it always South America? No one in the western world believes anything that happens there. They have had hundreds of flyovers, Why cant they do a flyover time square?

Irritated with Spacemen

Newby here. Anwyay, I'd have to agree. I live in Denver. Most citizens of Denver fear the whole UFO/E.T. thing. They just ignore you, or change the subject. Though we have had some sightings. I sometimes wished that we could have a sighting like this one or even like the Pheonix lights.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm not buying the "official claim" of an aviation school practicing manuevers at night. First of all it's an aviation school which leads me to believe they are learning to fly and it's obviously dark outside. I doubt even the Blue Angels fly these formations at night. They rely to much on visual orientation to each other to do this. These formations are extremely dangerous in the best of conditions. So the Chilean govt. going to have to come up with a better explanation than a training flight for some dignatary for me to believe them.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Not sold either way as yet, but I would think the speed and familiar maneuvers of truly known aircraft would produce much less or none of the floating, suspended appearance of the objects in the video.

In response to the previous post of exasperation concerning why South America is getting the better UFO activity, I have a theory (based only on a hunch): The people (not governments or for the most part) of Latin America are more like what those (humans and nonhumans) who will (eventually or soon) control affairs on this planet will be - a truly worthy ruling class. One that's more humble and honest than the too-typically Yankee American stereotype (or close enough).

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Interesting!

If those are planes:

1) They seem to be moving too slow, unless they are hover capable

2) Where's any hint of planes in the audio? There should be at least some detectable amount of that, however low. I'm not hearing it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join