It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new idea on how the pyramids were constructed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I don't understand what you are saying. I've been on for a couple hours now, on other threads. What is it you're suggesting?

I don't know Ivan, but I do find Egyptologists explanations a bit flaky. I can't speak for Ivan, but I do believe that the pyramids at Giza were built some 10,000 to 12,500 years ago at least.

You'll also note that in north central Africa, during that same period, there was a considerable inland lake that was a thriving area now occupied by the Berbers. Large ships and all. And if there, it would also explain where all the rain came from that generously watered Egypt during those earlier times, which is evidenced by the striations on the Sphinx.

Simultaneously, during that same 10,000-12,500 years ago, something spectacular happened that is evidenced on another continent. During that era, North America lost 150 species with a body weight exceeding 100 pounds in a mass extinction.

I apologize that I didn't read all the posts, but when I read Ivan's, that is when I punched "reply."

If my posting, or my timing doesn't meet your narrowly determined protocol for posting, or if you suspect we put our heads together, I would suggest you take it up with the Forum Moderators, and I think they'll verify my activity over the past hours.

So, if two people disagree with you or another, then there's something suspicious?

Man, you're on the correct website!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Howdy Byrd

Didn't we run across this before? I thought we found that two different parts of Herodotus text had been edited to imply the catacombs and tunnel were under the pyramids while they were in fact talking about a different structure- the one that they think they finally found a few years ago - the one with lots of rooms.

Going from memory here

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That is a pretty smug response. What I read was to the effect that someone objected to your claim and you attempted a strawman refutation.
The person in question (sorry dude, I'm not going back to get your name) didn't say anything about anyone non-egyptian, they just countered your arguments lack of evidence. You then asked them to prove that it was built by non-egyptians.
Non Sequitor.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Sorry, Jar-in-AR I recommend you go back and read the thread, perhaps you'd care to answer the questions that Ivan fled from?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
1. Economical effort to build pyramids? Huge.
2. Cultural effect? None. No trace of art, no influence on art, mythology, stories, legends, paintings, ceramic.
3. Psychological effect? Huge.
4. Political effect? Moderate, incl. keeping labor force in one place.
5. Religious purpose or effect? None.
6. Intercultural effect? Many cultures build pyramids, impossible to determine where the initiative came from. Built in Asia, Africa, America.
7. Wavering proofs that America and Africa were in physical contact after the last ice age (specifically from the beginning of Bronze Age).
8. Purpose? No one knows. It will most probably outlast human race.
9. Philosophical meaning? Before Egyptian religion there was Egyptian philosophy, but most tend to neglect this fact. Atum (Greeks used this word a t o m) means The one which can not be divided. It was the Neter Neteru, principle of principles. This is typical philosophical idea of singularity. Could the pyramid somehow symbolize this? And for what purpose? It is very dim.

This shows very few typical human characteristics. Other pyramids in the world, some of them, had religious and ideological usage, but not these, some were built as graves. Perhaps this last usage is the same as burial mounds in parts where it was easier to use clay or earth instead of huge stone blocks.

Anyhow, the ideological or mythological contents is missing. Why pyramids? Why geometry? And this apart from the way and technology used in construction of these two great pyramids, which is still pretty unclear.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I've already read it, buddy. And no, I'm not answering questions that aren't directed to me. I don't speak for Ivan. Nor he for me.
Unless you are going to claim I'm yet another alter-ego.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Howdy JiA

So what is your view on the subject then?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Sorry, Jar-in-AR I recommend you go back and read the thread, perhaps you'd care to answer the questions that Ivan fled from?

I didnt flee from any questions, they were childish, redundant, pointless, argumentative dead ends.

Nice try. Well thats almost everyone that disagrees with your logic, attacks, insults, and responses.

Now back on topic. PLEASE!.

HANSLUNE :If your having a hard time understanding the information put forth by ATS forum members and readers. u2u me and I will try to break it down for you. No need for silly rants and displays of insecurities and ignorance in a public forum such as this one that loves talking about aliens and ufo's. Tsk tsk.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by IvanZana]

[edit on 11-12-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
My understanding is that the pyramids were built by 'thought.' They were built and used for healing. The stones are alive. The original capstone was gold, however, when the Ra complex left, they took the gold with them, replacing it with something else. You can read it here.
www.lawofone.info...
And, yes, I tend to believe this over and above any human theory.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have the works of Herodotus, but I'm not getting it out right now. A bit later. You'll recall that the Egyptian priests told Herodotus a number of things, including how the Greeks mistakenly considered themselves an old race, but that they were young.

How those near the shorelines and in the lower areas went extinct during cyclical events, and the unlettered in the mountains would survive.

How twice in the previous 11,000 years that the sun previously rose from where it now sits.

Maybe the priests of Egypt had a captive audience in Herodotus and they were just pulling his d . . . . . chain. Maybe not.

We have a primitive agrarian society. Suddenly, they have two languages, an overnight ability to engineer these true wonders of the world, and yet their medicine was as backward, misinformed, and primitive as a caveman's. Exactly how does all that work?

This society was highly selective of what advances they made. Engineering. Limited mathematics, primitive medicine, primitive transportation, limited social development, primitive agricultural advances.

Odd.

Really odd.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I didnt flee from any questions, they were childish, redundant, pointless, argumentative dead ends.

Hans: yes you did IvanZana, they are just above, they are question to find out your evidence for your statement. Why not just try to answer them instead of running around waving your hands? LOL

Nice try. Well thats almost everyone that disagrees with your logic, attacks, insults, and responses.

Hans: Sorry Ivan your the one who has tried to use blustery and aggression to cover up for a lack of evidence. Answer the questions IvanZana - oh and my interest is in truth not popularity - are you ego driven Ivan?

Hans: Actually Ivan I started the thread and until you answer those questions our discussion has stopped - by your choice of choosing to flee.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
what do you mean by primitive medicine? like no birth control or brain surgery or what? surely they had access to as much bacteria as we do.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

My view on this particular subject is that the Great Pyramids remain, unto this very day, one of the most startling mysteries on this Planet.
Other than that, I make no claims.

I am interested in the building by nature of my work. I am a land surveyor. Needless to say, I find the entire structure an anomaly.

As far as any questions go, I asked specific questions to the topic of this thread. They went unanswered. As you said yourself, I am more interested in the truth of this subject than anything anyone here says about my person.
This thread appears to be a complete waste of time. The subject of the thread hasn't been discussed AT ALL.

Truth be told, I have seen some pretty compelling evidence that the entire complex could be used to serve as a Polar Circumference Map. I don't remember the particulars, so that is an unevidenced claim unless I'm pressed to try and recreate the evidence (It was relayed to me in a chat room, hold your laughter, many years ago)...
That has led me to entertain a hypothesis of mine, that being that the people who built it were mathematical masters. Incorporating their mathematical knowledge into a building they produced a vast array of mathematical anomalies (equatorial circumference of earth corresponding in ratio to the base length of the structure, same ratio applies to polar circumference and height, etc, etc)...
This hypothesis of mine will remain just that as I can't be bothered to do the necessary research, at least not until I become more financially secure.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

From some of the stuff that I've read, the Ancient Egyptians had a very good grasp on medicine.
There is some speculation that the Egyptians could accurately forcast the gender of the baby a woman was carrying. Along with the brain surgery and the world's first outpatient care facilities.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Before Egyptian civilization emerged, there was a widespread civilization in Sahara, which lasted several thousand years (8.000 - 2.000 BC), parallel to Vincan civilization around Danube, in the northern Balkan, where first alphabet was used, from which most European alphabets were derived including Phoenician alphabet, which was brought to Near East by Pelasti or Pelasgi (Palestine is called after them).

Tassilli in southern Algeria has many paintings from this era, when Sahara was fertile and rich land. It is quite possible that their civilization was at least partly embedded in Egyptian tradition, but pyramids are a very different brand of culture.

First traces of Egyptian literacy as well as Sumerian are at least 2.000 years after Vincan alphabet (they appear around 3.000 BC) and the first proto alphabet in Europe is from Lepenski Vir (6.000 BC), which was later in contact with Vinca and the whole Balkan area. This proto alphabet (6000 - 4000 BC) was derived from geometry, particularly triangle structures. Both Egyptian and Sumerian scriptures are independent from Vincan.

www.korenine.si...

What I am trying to say is that Sahara civilization could have been in contact with European cultural groups from Neolitic times, through Spain or even Asia Minor (less likely). But there is very little evidence that Egyptian culture had even remote direct contacts with European culture, in which we can see triangular schemes in use in architecture (Lepenski Vir) on a small scale.

So, question is what kind of background there is for Egyptians building pyramids? Is it possible that Sahara culture is the source, exploring this remote possibility that knowledge of geometry got to Egypt from Europe?

Here are some interesting links, maybe good for another topic.

Vinca
Vincan alphabet and all other alphabets derived from it, plus more...
www.omniglot.com...

Origin of runic alphabet
leejohnbarnes.blogspot.com...
Vincan culture
en.wikipedia.org...

www.prehistory.it...

This one is not in English, but pictures speak as thousand words. Their knowledge of geometry is obvious.
www.yurope.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
As worshiped as the rulers in Egypt were, the Pharaoh that would have enacted the construction of the pyramids would have made sure his victory was recorded in history books for decades to come.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Funny thing is the pyramids were built to align the orion constellation .. at 10,000 BC..when doing the computer star model for it.. there is no way that the more modern Egyptians had anything to do with building those pyramids.. There is very little evidence inside that supports that theory... What happened early on with the Pharaohs was that they created the tomb inside long after the pyramids were built..

My favorite researcher on the subject is Graham hancock

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hanslume: And to clarify my critique of your behavior, I would like to reiterate something that Ivan said, and the very thing that I believe you took contention with.
There isn't any mention of the building's construction in the Egyptian Historical record.
That DOES NOT MEAN that it was built by non-Egyptians, just that we cannot say it was built by any particular Pharoah (this is where you attempted to create a strawman to refute). Any attempt to do so is pure speculation...
Which is where I came in. This "latest" idea only boldens the alternative mindset in which they claim that "academia" is completely closedminded to any ideas that do not come from something that fits their paradigm. In this case, they have shifted towards the middle somewhat, but without realizing that this actually raises more questions than it answers.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Yes, Fingerprints of the Gods was a great work, IMO.
What gets me COMPLETELY RILED UP about this whole subject is that now people are, in fact, leaning towards the idea that the Sphinx was, in fact, built much earlier than previously believed.
It was Grahamn Hancock, with the help of Robert Schoch that pointed this out. It was met with ridicule and now is moving towards being accepted (the sphinx that is)... But people fail to realize that he came up with that number, not based solely on the weathering patterns of the Sphinx, but also with the astronomical chambers inside the pyramid. Which would necessitate, at least in my mind, that the pyramid is equally as old, as the research suggests...

Baby steps, I suppose.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So, are there any Egyptian records on when and how the Sphinx was built?
Or we deal here only with assumptions and beliefs, same as with pyramids?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join