Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A new idea on how the pyramids were constructed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
what about herodotus' account of solon's trip and some kinda catacombs underneath the pyramiids that solon states are more impressive than the pyramids themselves?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

As far as the 'hieroglyphs' above the kings chamber was written in ink or something. Like a magic marker.

I think we can dismiss the idea that it was magic marker.....I believe it was a chalk like substance. The Sitchin idea (which he came up with from his chair having not examined the actual site) was shown to be wrong a long time ago.

The Menkaure pyramid has a carving on the outside.

Dont let your hatred for Jesus or a greater power cloud your sense of reason and intellect.

Why would I hate a gentle (well usually) carpenter who gave out some good wisdom? I just don't think he's a god, that isn't hate Ivan its free choice.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
what about herodotus' account of solon's trip and some kinda catacombs underneath the pyramiids that solon states are more impressive than the pyramids themselves?

I will let Hanslune answer with the Wikipedia, or grade school text book answer then we will explorer beyond simple thought.

I will answer a little bit... There is something much older than the Great pyramid under the pyramid. It was built ontop of a much older structure. Near the the 'bottomless pit'

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
ok ivan but are you gonna go into the emerald tablets? i went through that the other day at a few threads here on ats and there's really no reason to do it again.

other than that fire away.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
1.So your proofs are biblical then? No hard evidence at all. Sad

2.No Flood-we’ve known that for 150 years Ivan a bit backward are we?

3.You do know Ivan that the outer layer of the pyramids were removed, it is not known if the small concavity (which is missing on one side) was reflected in the outer mantle

4.The earth’s orbit hasn’t increased by 5.25 days in 1,300 years Ivan. At that rate it would spin off into space.....oh no, don’t tell me your a YEC’er?

5.Eusibius quotes an Egyptian historian named Manetheo who attributes construction to the Hyksos or Shepherd Kings who came from Arabia. Wow, I love to see the quote of that from the primary source....do you do cites Ivan?

6.A generation later the Egyptians reverted to paganism......evidence?

Did you forget Ivan, your answers to 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 should be interesting. I'm looking forward to viewing the supporting evidence....

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

ok ivan but are you gonna go into the emerald tablets? i went through that the other day at a few threads here on ats and there's really no reason to do it again.

other than that fire away.

Emerald tablets? Never heard of them.

I remembered I just stick to facts.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

I don't drag Jesus as you called him into everything, just those things I think are related to him and the Great Pyramid is one of them. I also stated very clearly in my post that I COULD BE WRONG about the Pyramid and any link to GOD, and I maybe but thinks it's a plausible explanation for the one Pyramid no one knows about or what it is for..

On that note we should bring up Christ when we can, he spoke only about love and forgiveness and non-judgementalism (in most cases), that is a good example to follow

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

fine fine, sorry.

i found a link to the catacombs but it's from godlike productions. i know there was a better one out there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I remembered I just stick to facts.

The biggest laugh of the night. Come on Ivan you only posted personal opinions - and refuse to back them up. Try again.

[edit on 11/12/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Howdy TIJ

Yes one can bring up JC but his impact on events 2,600 years before his birth are probably not germane......unless you known something we don't?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Ivan, I agree with you. There is absolutely no evidence that any Pharaoh built one of the pyramids at Giza as a tomb. In all other pyramids that were in fact built as a tomb, there were writings and symbols included to help them find their way in the afterlife.

I'm supposed to believe that a primitive agrarian society came together to construct these structures, when life itself was touch and go? So instead of dealing with daily struggles to survive, they decided to do this on a whim?

There isn't a construction company in the world who can duplicate them even now.

It appears that the pyramids at Giza were built in an earlier time, and when some of the more aggressive rulers attempted to duplicate them as tombs, they simply didn't have the knowledge and skills necessary.

I would suggest that that's why we see the poorly constructed pyramids. They are presented as earlier attempts. BS. These are the inferior attempts to duplicate the Great Pyramids of Giza.

Still a mystery.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That's odd Dooper, IvanZana leaves the board, you show up, post then disappear and then IvanZana shows up and you disappear again - just like another guy who only praised IZ

What a coincidence!

LOL

So IvanZana you delete your post with your 'observations' eh? Very funny

[edit on 11/12/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

A GLANCE AT THE PYRAMIDS WITH HEKODOTUS.

THE following lines were intended to give a general idea of Hero-
dotus' account of the Pyramids, and also of his style of narrative
and argument in many of his episodes. A kind of dreamy inconse-
quence often blends with an appearance and evident intention of ex-
actness and investigation ; we feel as if a great deal had passed before
our eyes, but had only left a vague and not very definite impression
of grandeur and antiquity. The inscription on the fifth, or brick
pyramid, in which it deprecates contemptuous comparisons, is
slightly altered. In Herodotus it is addressed to the passer by ; and
no allusion is made, as in the ballad, to the " guilt " connected with
the origin of the stone pyramids. But as some doubt may be felt as
to the correctness of the interpretation given to Herodotus by the
priests, it is hoped the liberty taken with the text may be excused.

THEY rose in wicked Cheops' reign,

And his worse son Chephreen ;
So say the priests who tend the fane

Of the great Egyptian Queen ;
And the royal maid her lovers prayed,

Who built a third between.

n.
Memorials of those evil days

The mighty monsters stand,
And all on them with wonder gaze

Who seek th' Egyptian land,

1 ii. 134 137, passim.

these are both taken from the same source. still looking for the catacombs. should be close though. i remember a quote about "solon you greeks are like children..."

www.archive.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I've got a challenge for you (I just tried it)... see if you can find the documents of Herodotus where he talks about the catacombs under the pyramids.

I came up with a blank, frankly. Anyone else able to find this (in a direct translation, and not reported on someone's website)?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Howdy Mozzy

I think you'll find that the ancient writers have a lot to say. We can also note that he got a number of things wrong. That may have been due to the fact that Greek-Egyptian communication wasn't that great The Egyptians may have given him false information or given him information they didn't know was false. Or he made up stuff or more likely he was given distorted information from other travellers.

All in all an interesting adventure.

If you get into really really deep Egyptian trivia you might need to ask at the Hall of Ma'at. They have some real Egyptologists there and they have well administrated threads.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, I guess that if the Great Pyramid WAS added to over time, then that would pretty much fly in the face of the mainstream view that has been held so long about the chambers inside of it.

I mean, if they built it in layers, so to speak, then the chambers within the structure came independantly of one another and were not connected in purpose during the "design" of the building.

It amazes me that Egyptologists will hold on to their speculation REGARDLESS of what anyone puts forward as a possible scenario. Now something like this happens and they have to completely change their story, if they are keen to being intellectually honest.

Question: Were the King, Queen and antichambers built into the building with a purpose? Yes? Then what difference does it make if it was built in layers or not if the end result was predetermined?
I think this is just a bogus way for the Egyptologists to move more towards the alternative view that this thing simply wasn't built in 20 years...

Hanslume: You are asking someone to provide proof that YOUR CLAIM is incorrect. Tisk Tisk.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

To make it took ten years, as I said—or rather to make the causeway, the works on the mound where the pyramid stands, and the underground chambers, which Cheops intended as vaults for his own use: these last were built on a sort of island, surrounded by water introduced

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au...

so far so good.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
That's odd Dooper, IvanZana leaves the board, you show up, post then disappear and then IvanZana shows up and you disappear again - just like another guy who only praised IZ

What a coincidence!

LOL

Just because most modern day intellects disagree with you, you dont have to fantasize that these people are the same people logging on under diffrent accounts. Thats just plain pathetic.

Not a suprising argument comming from you tho.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hanslume: You are asking someone to provide proof that YOUR CLAIM is incorrect. Tisk Tisk.

Tsk tsk, I'm asking him to explain the evidence behind his statements, please try and read with more comprehension.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Well, I guess that if the Great Pyramid WAS added to over time, then that would pretty much fly in the face of the mainstream view that has been held so long about the chambers inside of it.

I mean, if they built it in layers, so to speak, then the chambers within the structure came independantly of one another and were not connected in purpose during the "design" of the building.

It amazes me that Egyptologists will hold on to their speculation REGARDLESS of what anyone puts forward as a possible scenario. Now something like this happens and they have to completely change their story, if they are keen to being intellectually honest.

Question: Were the King, Queen and antichambers built into the building with a purpose? Yes? Then what difference does it make if it was built in layers or not if the end result was predetermined?
I think this is just a bogus way for the Egyptologists to move more towards the alternative view that this thing simply wasn't built in 20 years...

Excellent post and excellent questions. Ignore Hanslune like most people do here. He is like a talking 1967 Encyclopedia.

When i look at the cross section of the pyramid i sometimes imagine an older structure with the kings chamber, gallery and halls. Sometime in history people possibly covered the ancient structure to preserve it while bulding a more complex building around it without ruining the functionality of the original structure. Its been proven that the plateu is very unique to the world and the builders also knew this which lends more creadence to the idea that it was important to build in that exact location and no other for no other location can withstand the extreme weight of it.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by IvanZana]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution